Since February 2012 SportTracks can import swimming activities
from devices that support pool swimming (Garmin ForeRunner® 910XT
, Garmin Swim™ watch
, Swimsense® Performance Monitor
This plugin adds a new activity detail page
"Pool Swimming" where you can view, edit and analyze
these swimming activities.
The plugin provides both, ...
- a detailed tabular view of intervals and lengths with a rich user configurable set of columns, including min/max/avg pace, SWOLF, efficiency, stroke count and length, ... (see screen shot above)
- charts that let you view these measures per interval, length or over time (see below)
While these devices generally do a good job of identifying your lengths and stroke types, they are still not perfect. So your downloaded swims will quite often have phantom turns, missed turns or lengths with incorrect swim stroke type, which can make the recorded data meaningless. The plugin lets you edit your lengths and fix these issues.
To ease this process, the plugin can automatically
identify "suspicious" lengths and suggest fixes. That makes cleaning up a recorded activity a matter of just a few mouse clicks.
Did you set a wrong pool length on your device before starting your swim? The plugin provides an action to fix this and change the pool length of swim activities.Analysis:
The plugin provides usual swim metrics
like pace, strokes per length, stroke length, stroke rate, SWOLF, efficiency. It calculates averages, minimum and maximum values
of these for intervals
and the activity
. The tabular view highlights values that are higher or lower than the total averages (see screen shot above).Some more screen shots:
- The new entry in the menu of activity detail pages:
- Editing toolbar:
- Selection of your preferred color scheme - Garmin Connect or Swimsense:
- The powerful chart view:
- you must have installed SportTracks version 3.1.4415 or later to use this plugin
- in order to import activities from Swimsense you need the Swimsense Import plugin
- as of March 2013, SportTracks' standard importer for .FIT file fails to import files from Garmin Swim Watch; you need to use Garmin FIT Devices plugin to import activities from this device
English, French, German, Italian, SpanishKeywords: pool, swimming, Bahnen, Schwimmen, Swimsense, Garmin 910XT, Efficiency, Züge, Zuglänge, Effizienz, Analyse, Garmin Connect