Plugin that handle waypoints, activity and routes.

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Plugin that handle waypoints, activity and routes.

Postby zingo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58 pm

As I have not seen this posted here I just want to point out this execelent plugin by Phil.

Code: Select all
The features are as follows:
 * Export menu:
   - Export track as route or activity to device (export as route will not work on gh625, only on Keymaze or GH561)
  * Edit menu:
    - Reduce number of points in the track.
  * Activity detail page:
    - Waypoints management:
    - Download, upload, delete, create new waypoints, import from gpx/kml/wpt file, export to gpx
    - Edit waypoints on the map (select Edit mode on map and drag the waypoint icon)

More info here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1089.0[/code]
zingo
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Took a quick look at the plugin. Should add a note to the FAQ if this plugin is added to plugin catalog.

Note: Other than Globalsat devices can use the plugin to manage GPX routes/waypoints to GPX files. This plugin could easily be adapted to Garmin GPS, by using the GarminGPS plugin. As I see it the Globalsat device/Garmin device/GPX file is just a backend that could be configured in Settings.

Maybe it is possible to get pkan's ElevationCorrection plugin to calculate the waypoint elevation (likely requires changes to the plugin).

Edit: Took a quick look at the Globalsat forum. It seems like GS both listens to customers and improves their products. Good that Garmin has got competitor.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby zingo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:16 pm

gerhard wrote: Took a quick look at the Globalsat forum. It seems like GS both listens to customers and improves their products. Good that Garmin has got competitor.

Yes they are really helpful and has extended the firmware a few times with really new nice features that they could have release as new products instead. I think the only thing missing compared to Garmin is the virtual partner stuff, and maybe more then 64 laps. I don't know the garmin lap limit but I sometimes run more then 64laps so I have to count every second lap then.
zingo
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Philly » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure about adapting my plugin or adding it to catalog.

Some time ago I talked with admin about this and he agreed to merge my plugin with the Globalsat Device Plugin, so I integrated it and sent him the source code.
I think he was quite busy at the time, so meanwhile I posted it on Globalsat forum as a beta version.
Philly

Postby gerhard » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Note: When using this plugin, it is no longer possible to select points with the rect button. I recently fixed a similar problem in the Trails plugin. The solution was to disable selecting points only when the Trails plugin is visible.

Code: Select all
        public ICollection<IMapControlObject> HitTest(Rectangle rectClient, IMapDrawContext drawContext) {
            if (_showPage)
            {
                //No select by rect in Trails page, just individual points
                throw new NotImplementedException();
            }
            else
            {
                return null;
            }
       }
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby nadaespecial » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:54 am

Hello,

I'm really interested in Phil's plugin for Sporttracks 3! is there popular demand?
It would be great to use it in combination with the waypounts and routes plugin. I would even pay for a Gloablsat export routes plugin!

regards,
max
nadaespecial
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Plugin that handle waypoints, activity and routes.

Postby zingo » Thu May 12, 2011 2:26 pm

I started to convert Phils plugin for SportTracks 3 a couple of months ago with the longterm plan to make it mergable with the import plugin into one globalsat import/export plugin "to rule them all". I manage to get some stuff working (importing/exporitng waypoints), but I didn't manage get the waypoints to show up on the map, after that I had a quite demanding race and some other personal stuff that got in the way and forgot about my work for a while. I got a ok from Phil to release it opensource. Currently it's kind of halfbaked and last time I looked at it I was rather stuck, didn't mange to overlay any marking at all on the map, if anyone is interested to help out a little please let me know there are some plugin out there that see to have solve placing stuff in the map view so it seem possible.

I think it's too good plugin for it to fade away , thats the reason I started to try to convert it to ST3 myself even when I'm no C# coder nor run Windows.
zingo
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Fri May 13, 2011 4:44 pm

FYI: Project source code is here:

http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/

I'm happy to take patches.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zingo » Sat May 14, 2011 4:45 pm

The plan is to make one "mega big" patch for you when I get it merged, but the first step is to just convert the exporter to ST3, then step 2 is to merge them.
I put my attempt up at Bitbucket if anyone wants to look at it...
https://bitbucket.org/zingo/sporttracks_globalsat_plugin/

One idea I got was that maybe I don't use the right MapControl object or use it in a wrong way.

Maybe these discussion should be moved to the dev forums, I just wanted to give a sort of heads up on whats going on...
zingo
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions