ST3 request

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

ST3 request

Postby gregoryx » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:50 am

I'm looking for all the various replacement options for ST3 and I would /really/ like to keep ST3 and MOBI if that's possible. I don't need all the fancy stuff that the plugins used to do - MOBI does most all the cool stuff just fine. And the plugins have slowly caused more and more issues with ST3, so I've been eliminating them bit by bit.

I'm realizing that my NO-WAY-NO-HOW factor with MOBI is a lack of local data - there isn't even a way to make an offline backup.

So... @admin, what about keeping ST3 available for off-line backup / database search/sort stuff (the reports function)? Ideally, kill the the registration mess and just let it install.

At least for me, that would allow me to continue using MOBI - which I like for most things - and still have my offline backup automatically sync'd with MOBI.

PLEASE!?!? :cry:
It's all running.
gregoryx

Re: ST3 request

Postby whiskywheels » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:29 am

Yes, I would like this also.
whiskywheels

Postby Yannos » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 am

Me too
Yannos
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:39 am

At this point we don't have plans to invest development resources into the ST3 software or to offer any free version after end-of-life.

If you want a local copy of your workout data you can easily do that with tapiriik or fitness syncer. Both integrate with the SportTracks open data API that ST3 Cloud Sync uses and many other platforms. Fitness syncer includes options for several cloud storage platforms. I believe Golden Cheetah also has a feature to sync from your SportTracks online account too. It's been in the software for a year or so? You can also download your device recorded workouts from most vendor websites (Polar, Suunto, Garmin, etc).

These options won't help with all the other info you can track - training plans, goals, performance modeling, health metrics, gear, custom notes, comments from friends and coaches. There's no industry standard format for that so a local backup is a moot endeavor in any case. But perhaps those solutions give you some peace of mind about your workout data.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions