Cannot save logbook

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Cannot save logbook

Postby swehjo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 pm

I haven't updated my software in a while and have, due to different reasons, not been able to train for half a year. Today I trained and started the SportTracks client in order to upload todays FIT-file from Zwift. The software asked if I wanted to update to 3.1.6934 which I said yes to.

After this I cannot update/save my logbook. Since I have had some issues with my Win 10 PC lately, I'm not sure if this is due to the PC or the updated software. I've been trying to figure out if I still have a valid license or not but as far as I understand I have.

Any ideas?!

There is a fourth dialog box but I couldn't upload it, I hope you get an idea any way. After my try to save/replace the file Sporttracks close/disappears...

st301.JPG
st301.JPG (25.65 KiB) Viewed 970 times

st302.JPG
st302.JPG (27.4 KiB) Viewed 970 times

st303.JPG
st303.JPG (116.73 KiB) Viewed 970 times
swehjo

Re: Cannot save logbook

Postby texmurphy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Possible that the update was not successful.
Do a Windows Uninstall of SportTracks 3.1 (this will not effect logbooks or downloaded plugins).
Download a fresh copy from ZoneFive of ST3.1
Do a Windows Install of ST3.1 from that download.

It is best to always Uninstall ST3.1 and then do a fresh Install rather than an Update.

In addition there may be a permissions problem with the directories. But try the Install first.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dgoghero » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Have you checked the names of the logbook folder and backup folder in your settings (The Folders must be identical and present on your PC) ?

Have a look in Settings/Data File to be sure.
dgoghero

Postby swehjo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Checked files and folder names, reinstalled but didn't help. Since I suspected that I had issues with my Win 10 due to other reasons I am now spending a couple of days reinstalling Windows. Will get back to you with the .outcome!
swehjo

Postby swehjo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes, PC problems. Tried to reinstall it several times due to that I cannot shut it down correctly. Forums and their technical support couldn't solve it. Now replacing this 4 year old PC with a new :cry:
swehjo

Return to Questions