Net.Framework Error When Selecting My Computer Import

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Net.Framework Error When Selecting My Computer Import

Postby MRM1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:58 pm

Support for fit file imports from my Garmin has long stopped working. I have for the last longest time simply chose import > file and navigated to my Garmin Edge Device's Activities folder and imported my activities. Tonight I got an error pop up that kept crashing ST. This is the first time this has happened. Not much has changed on the PC. Only change was I had updated ST to 3.1.6934 but it happened tonight before the update too. (the screen shot I took was with ST 3.1.6879 - but it also happening with 3.16934). Now every time I click Import> the folder icon > and My computer, ST crashes. It will let me import from other local folders on the pc, so I can copy and past from the Garmin to the pc first, but what happened?

ST NetFrame Error.JPG
ST NetFrame Error.JPG (44.25 KiB) Viewed 96 times
MRM1
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Net.Framework Error When Selecting My Computer Import

Postby texmurphy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Try doing Windows Uninstall of ST3, fresh download from ZoneFive of ST3, and then install the fresh download.
Sometimes if you just upgrade without the Uninstall stuff gets left around instead of upgraded.
Uninstall will not remove your logbook or settings.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Net.Framework Error When Selecting My Computer Import

Postby staffann » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm

It could also be that something happened to your .net installation. interop.shell32 is part of that. If I remember correctly, ST3 uses .NET version 2, which is quite (very) old.
Sounds strange though that it only happens when opening directly from the device.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions