Synchronising categories (orienteering) mobi and desktop

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Synchronising categories (orienteering) mobi and desktop

Postby djnisbet » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm

I've been using sporttraks.mobi for several years and the desktop version much less. However I do like the speed and maps of the desktop version, and touches such as displaying recorded laps splits on the map (which I don't think is possible with mobi). But I've noticed some strangeness with categories when I sync.

I've never really given the sync too much attention, assuming that there was a seamless and intelligent two-way sync between the desktop and mobi versions. But what I think might be happening is that when I exit ST3 on the desktop, it syncs and resets some categories on the mobi version.

Specific (and only) example: I usually tweak events on the mobi version in a browser. These will be orienteering events. I'll tweak the description, location, gear used, and change the category to Running / Orienteering. Then some time later, usually weeks, I notice that a lot (not all) of my orienteering events have reset to 'workout'. I've only really just noticed this happening, and happening a lot, so I'm still trying to figure out how it's happening. But my hunch is that it's ST3 on the desktop that is resetting it to Workout.

If my theory is right, is there anything I can do about it? Is there good practice I could adopt in terms of workflow that might stop it happening. It's beginning to drive me a bit nuts!

Thanks

Dougie

[ EDIT - I've found under select view / Activity Categories there's a Cloud Sync sub-menu, and in there I can see orienteering as a running subcategory. But I'm not sure what to do next! There's no OK button that I can see to enable / add it]
djnisbet

Re: Synchronising categories (orienteering) mobi and desktop

Postby admin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:07 pm

It sounds like you need to associate your custom ST3 categories with the right sport types in SportTracks. Go to the Cloud Sync settings page in ST3 and click the sport icon next to your category name and pick the right sport type. You should need to do this for all the custom categories you have in ST3.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Synchronising categories (orienteering) mobi and desktop

Postby djnisbet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Yup - you're right. I worked it out. I didn't realise at first that the Cloud Sync category changed as I selected different ST3 categories. But I think I've got it now. I've been through and tidied things up a bit and it's looking a lot better. Thanks.

Dougie
djnisbet

Return to Questions