by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

No download of elevation at all

No download of elevation at all

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm

I know that there is no official support for this plugin any longer, just post it to understand whether the bug is just on my side or it is a general problem.

I remember that it happened time by time that the servers behind the SRTM and ViewFinderPanoramas data download were moved, so maybe it is the problem behind.

Anyway I use both the latest desktop version of ST3 and that of W&C plugin, but neither the manual Add/Fix elevation does not download anything, nor its automatized version via After Import. W&C asks me whether to overwrite and it does add a line to Notes field about the elevation fix, but it download nothing. At least in my case. I also check it in the settings and the Cache column is unchanged.

Is there anybody around who could test whether it works for him/her or not?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: No download of elevation at all

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:59 pm

I could figure out my part of the problem. Some Win7 services were disabled and among them MS .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86.
After enabling it at least ViewFinderP's 3" AS A SOURCE worked. But not any of ViewFinderP's 1", SRTM V4.1 CGIAR 3" or SRTM 3" downloaded anything. FYKI I bicycled in North-West Austria which is shown as covered by these 3 maps too.

Do the other maps work for anybody?

Another strange thing to be shared. The download of the DEM data was quite fast, less than 10 seconds. But the next step too ktoo much time. After I realized that my ride of 6 hours required an eternal time to be fixed by Add/Fix Elevation, I aborted it, splitted my activity and kept only the first 11 minutes of it. Then I re-applied Add/Fix elevation and that time I was patiently waiting for the end of the process. It took around 5-6 minutes to get to the point where the plugin asked me about the replacement or the removal of the barometric drift. When I answered the plugin did the last step within a second or so.

As I remember years earlier when I last used this function it never took so much time to apply Add/Fix Elevation. I dont know what can be the reason , but I am quite curious, because

1. Downloading VFP 3"" is fast enough
2. Examining whether the original elevation data are good enough to offer to the user the option of the removal of the barometric drift is a way too long
3, Updating is fast like a lightning
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: No download of elevation at all

Postby texmurphy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 am

I use both Elevation Correction Plugin and W&C Plugin elevation. This is for created routes applied to dummy activities and their created courses.
I am having no difficulty. Win7/64Pro system.

Image is an activity where I deleted the Elevation Track, applied the Elevation Correction Plugin edit and then used the W&C elevation replacement.
Elevation source.jpg
Elevation source.jpg (209.69 KiB) Viewed 310 times
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses