New plugin (beta): "Peak Performance"

New plugin (beta): "Peak Performance"

Postby Fall » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:54 am

Hi, I have done a new plugin called "Peak Performance" 8) .

This plugin simply displays the higher average BPM,Speed or Pace you can maintain for a given duration (called “peaks” hereafter).
Duration goes from 5 seconds to 4 hours.
It works for single activity and multiple activities :
Single activity :
(image hosted: https://ibb.co/eKK9t9)
(ex: on this image, we see that the maximum heart rate I can maintain during 30 min is 174)

1. Select an activity
2. Click “Peak Performance” in the menu of the activity page.
The activity page displays a list of peaks. You can click on each peak to see its road on the map (right) and see on the chart (below) the corresponding part of the activity. You can also use the drop-down button (at the left of the "refresh" button) to switch between BPM, pace or Speed (note that pace and speed are the same only graphic is modified).

Multiple activities:
(image hosted: https://ibb.co/fFCb6U)
(ex: on this image, we see that the maximum pace I can maintain during 2 min is 4.9 min/km)

1. Select several activities in the report view.
2. Then click “Peak Performance” in the menu. Then click the “refresh” button (for performance reasons, the analysis of multiple activities requires to refresh computation by hand ...).
The table below will display the best peaks for selected activities. For each duration, the three “best” peaks are displayed.

This plugin is distributed as a freeware, so enjoy !

I will be pleased if you give me some remarks or advice to improve it.
If you find it useful I will maybe try to add it to the official plugin webpage.

DOWNLOAD LINK ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w2p1h7e3xhngfc/PeakPerformances-1.0.6.st3plugin (version 1.0.6)

Thanks

PS: do not hesitate to report bugs or questions.
PS2: it is similar to the great Mean-Maximum plugin of mechgt.

Edit 1: There is no setting page.
Edit 2: Link to a new version 1.0.1, fix a bug.
Edit 3: Link to a new version 1.0.3 (27/08/2018). New metrics + performances
Edit 4: Link to a new version 1.0.4 (29/08/2018). Improve UI logic
Edit 5: Link to a new version 1.0.5 (29/08/2018). Bug fix
Edit 6: Link to a new version 1.0.6 (30/08/2018). Bug fix
Last edited by Fall on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Fall

Re: New plugin (beta): "Peak Performance"

Postby texmurphy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 am

Very nice.
-Please add Power and Cadence to the performance choices.
-Switching activities is very slow.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Fall » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 am

texmurphy wrote:Very nice.
-Please add Power and Cadence to the performance choices.
-Switching activities is very slow.

Thanks texmurphy !
1) Yes, I will add it in the next version. I do not use these metrics (cadence+power) so that's why at first, I didn't include it but I will do it.
2) Analysis activities indeed take some times. I need to improve the algorithm. Regarding multiples activities analysis, it is supposed to take time only the first time you load an activity because, if you re-load it latter it takes results from a cache (only if you didn't quit the application). In the current implementation I do not store previous results in an external file, that could be a way to improve efficiency, I have to think about it.
I'm waiting others comments and I will post a new version at the end of the month.

Edit: regarding 2), I just realize how to fix it easily: I should perform the computation in the background (i.e on another thread..) and display a "please wait" message during computation. In doing so I think switching activities won't be slow. This is now on my "todo" list for the next version.
Fall

Postby Fall » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 pm

New version (1.0.3) available :

-New metrics : Cadence + Power (I have no activities with cadence so I didn't test it but it should work)
-Fix "switching activity is slow" --> finally I took the easy way: it is required to click "Refresh" every time you want to see the analysis provided by the addin.

Enjoy^^
Fall

Postby gerhard » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Thanks
Then click the “refresh” button (for performance reasons, the analysis of multiple activities requires to refresh computation by hand ...).

It would be good if the empty panel indicated that you have to Refresh yourself.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Fall » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:05 am

Thanks for your comment Gerhard:

new version 1.0.4 -> change: the "refresh" button is enabled only when required.
Fall

Postby Fall » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:47 am

version 1.0.5 : Fix a bug -> for multiplies activities, pace was incorrectly ordered in decreasing order .
Fall

Postby gerhard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Refresh with Heart Rate selected for activity that apparently did not have HR
Continue is OK

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PeakPerformances.PeakPerformancesActivityPage.​‌‭‮‪‌‏‭‏​​‎‬‬‍‪‎‭‏‭‪‏‏‮‫‌‬‌​‫‮.‭‬‫‪‌‪‏‪‮​‮‍‪‫‏‍‪‪​‏‪‎‌​​‪‮(Peak )
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAll(Predicate`1 match)
at PeakPerformances.PeakPerformancesActivityPage.‬‪‮‎‍‬‎‌‌‭‌‏‭‬‏​​‬​‍‬‮‪‍​‮(IActivity )
at PeakPerformances.PeakPerformancesActivityPage.‫‫‏​‎‍‮‪‏‬‮‏‎‪‍‌‬‮(Boolean )
at PeakPerformances.PeakPerformancesActivityPage.‬‮‎‎‭​‮‎‍‪‮‌‬‮‏‍‮‫‍‮(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby texmurphy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Is this error, caught by the omb Activity Documentation Plugin, a result of being a non-Forum registered plugin?
Code: Select all
8/29/2018 5:11 PM [ActivityDocumentationPlugin]   ERROR   Problem detected - but not necessarily caused - by Activity Documentation Plugin
SportTracks is being terminated.
Please make a screenshot of this dialog and report the error in the SportTracks forum.

Thread #19:
Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Views.Settings.Page.PluginsPage.DoPluginCatalogQuery(Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Fall » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:18 pm

1.0.6 fix the bug related to heart rate, I think the error caught by the omb Activity Doc Plugin was caused by the same bug. I don't think it is related to the non-registration. It should disappears.
Thank you again !
Fall

Return to * General Info *