[ST3] Map trackpoint selection Fails

On the rare occasion you might find a bug...

[ST3] Map trackpoint selection Fails

Postby texmurphy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:05 pm

I find with the release of ST3.1.6625(?) and in 3.1.6690, selecting a section of the trackpoints using the mouse click and drag in Explore no longer holds the selected route section using any of the google map types. Using None or OpenStreetMap allows the selection to be retained.

1. In Explore mode on the map panel with a google map (e.g. Street/Terrain/Satellite), select a gps trackpoint and then holding the mouse select a section of the track. It will show as selected with map title summary of the distance, etc. Release the mouse button and move the mouse off the track. The selection is unselected.

2. Using OpenStreetMap (e.g. Mapnik/CycleMap) repeat the selection, move the mouse away and the selection is retained. The selection is still retained even if you switch back to a google map.

This selection is very useful for distance/time/elevation measurement, for Trails Plugin selection, and to select a section for deletion in Edit mode.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Map trackpoint selection Fails

Postby admin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:57 am

Wow, it's been probably - maybe 10 years since the mapping code was touched, so this is probably related to a google map api behavior change, which checks out since the non-gmap version it working. I'll refile this as a bug if we have another update in the future. Meanwhile, you can select a range on the workout by clicking and dragging on the chart and adjust your selection by clicking and dragging the ends of the selection in the chart. I believe the visual selection changes are updated in the map display, so you can calibrate where on the route the selection starts and ends.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [ST3] Map trackpoint selection Fails

Postby texmurphy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 am

Likely is a google map api problem as the selection error is transient - some days it works fine, other days it does not!
The day I posted the problem it was a solid failure day.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby whiskywheels » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:36 am

Sorry to reply to this thread, but I can't see any link that enables me to post a new message :oops:

I'm getting a google pop up "This page can't load Google Maps correctly" when trying to view today's ride in ST3. It was fine yesterday.

Any help with either of these issues would be appreciated!
whiskywheels

Postby texmurphy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 am

Are you using the latest ST3 3.1.6807 with the updated google and openstreetmaps api keys?
See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17994
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby whiskywheels » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:53 am

texmurphy wrote:Are you using the latest ST3 3.1.6807 with the updated google and openstreetmaps api keys?
See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17994

Thanks tex that's great! As soon as I posted I thought I better check if there's an update, and sure enough................! I don't know why I didn't get the usual update notification.
So it's now working fine again, as it was until yesterday, but I haven't applied to Google for an api key. Is this really necessary?

Meanwhile I still can't see where to click to start a new thread.......it must be there somewhere, & I'm logged in?
whiskywheels

Postby whiskywheels » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 am

Well that's weird; I can only see the 'post new topic' tab in the enhancements and ask a question forums, but not the others. Is this meant to be?
whiskywheels

Postby texmurphy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Admin controls new threads in the Bugs Forum. If Admin considers a Question thread to be a bug, then it gets moved to Bugs. This is a change ZoneFive made several years ago.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Bugs