Live Recording and HRV

by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,165 (4) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

HRV plugin not importing .fit file data?

HRV plugin not importing .fit file data?

Postby smaryka » Wed May 16, 2018 2:26 am

I upgraded to the latest Garmin 520 firmware and since then I haven't seen any HRV data imported to Sport Tracks (using OMB's fit file plugin and this HRV plugin).

Thinking it was Garmin, I made and posted a short file to their forums and another user saw that the HRV data was there. So it's just importing into Sport Tracks I don't have access to it now.

Wondered where to go from here? I've attached the short file for debugging, I can attach some screen shots as well but basically my custom data fields are blank so not much to show, and no track either in the activity reports tab.
Attachments
2018-05-15-15-23-38.fit
(9.7 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
smaryka
Donated!
Donated!

Re: HRV plugin not importing .fit file data?

Postby old_man_biking » Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 am

smaryka wrote:I upgraded to the latest Garmin 520 firmware and since then I haven't seen any HRV data imported to Sport Tracks (using OMB's fit file plugin and this HRV plugin).

Thinking it was Garmin, I made and posted a short file to their forums and another user saw that the HRV data was there. So it's just importing into Sport Tracks I don't have access to it now.

Wondered where to go from here? I've attached the short file for debugging, I can attach some screen shots as well but basically my custom data fields are blank so not much to show, and no track either in the activity reports tab.

Yep, I can confirm this issue. It only happens in some rare occasions, when your .FIT file contains so-called "Developer Fields".
Just uploaded a new plugin version, which should fix this issue.
Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: HRV plugin not importing .fit file data?

Postby smaryka » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 am

Yes, it works now. I do indeed have a few Connect IQ fields installed but I guess that data weren't being exported before to the 520, and the new firmware changed that -- I see I have quite a few new fields as well.

Thanks for the quick response!
smaryka
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Live Recording and HRV