[FIXED] [ST3] Mobi won't sync Equipment to ST3

On the rare occasion you might find a bug...

[FIXED] [ST3] Mobi won't sync Equipment to ST3

Postby Achwll » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am

Since a couple of days any new equipment record in sporttracks.mobi isn't syncing to ST3 (3.1.6179). Old equipment records are OK but all new records won't stay.
And if I make the equipment changes directly in ST3, they are porperly registered in sporttracks.mobi but don't stay in ST3.

I've made no changes on ST3 software since the last upgrade on December 2016 and it has been working well until now. Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Achwll

Re: Mobi won't sync Equipment to ST3

Postby texmurphy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 am

I wonder if you are not actually saving your logbook. I am not a MOBI user (ST3 logbook too large to use with MOBI).
However, if the ST3 save does not complete due to too large a logbook then next open of the logbook would have it appear as you describe.
I note that your forum join is 2011, so 7 years of logbook loading.

Test: Add activity and check that equipment is recorded. Save Logbook explicitly (Logbook->Save) then close ST3. Open ST3 and check equipment.

Another possibility is that your logbook has been set read-only. Check logbook permissions.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby shasselg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 pm

I have exactly the same problem, randomly entered data from Mobi gets uloaded to ST3, sometimes that data in ST3 stays and sometimes not - a new thing since a week or so back.
Stefan Hasselgren
shasselg
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Achwll » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:06 pm

texmurphy wrote:I wonder if you are not actually saving your logbook. I am not a MOBI user (ST3 logbook too large to use with MOBI).
However, if the ST3 save does not complete due to too large a logbook then next open of the logbook would have it appear as you describe.
I note that your forum join is 2011, so 7 years of logbook loading.

Test: Add activity and check that equipment is recorded. Save Logbook explicitly (Logbook->Save) then close ST3. Open ST3 and check equipment.

Another possibility is that your logbook has been set read-only. Check logbook permissions.

I'm afraid that's not the problem. My logbook file is big (172 MB) but when I sign out from syncing to Mobi, all the equipment I add to any activity on ST3 is recorded properly and is kept the next time I reboot the program.

Team SportTracks has suggested me that I disable all plugins that don't have a "SportTracks" in them, expecting a bug on any of those plugins. I've done so and the problem is still there.

I've been looking for an error on the "System.Log" but there are no errors nor exceptions recorded since October 2017 and this problem is happening only from January 29 onwards.

As I've said before, I've signed out from syncing and all the equipment is well recorded at ST3, but as soon as I sign in again and try a new sync the problem reappears. A little bit frustrating. All the activities previous to January 29 are keeping the equipment stuff all right.
Achwll

Re: [ST3] Mobi won't sync Equipment to ST3

Postby Achwll » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

There was a bug in the sync stuff. Fixed after updating to new ST3 version. I'm extremely grateful to Team SportTracks for solving the problem.
Achwll

Postby admin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Achwll wrote:There was a bug in the sync stuff. Fixed after updating to new ST3 version. I'm extremely grateful to Team SportTracks for solving the problem.

give us a second to make the announcements! :D
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:40 pm

FIXED 3.1.6611
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby shasselg » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:06 pm

admin wrote:FIXED 3.1.6611

Will try it out immediately. Thanks,
Stefan Hasselgren
shasselg
Donated!
Donated!

Re: [FIXED] [ST3] Mobi won't sync Equipment to ST3

Postby gregoryx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 am

So glad this is here as a bug. I thought I was going crazy.
It's all running.
gregoryx

Re: [FIXED] [ST3] Mobi won't sync Equipment to ST3

Postby carbal54 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 am

For me, the bug is still there. Equipment added in ST3 sometimes appear in Mobi, sometimes no. Sometimes I enter equipment in ST3, save the logbook, sync with Mobi, exit the program and then, opening again ST3 equipment has disappeared from the activity. Very frustrating.
carbal54

Return to Bugs