Old Man Biking

Re: Old Man Biking

Postby texmurphy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 am

Regretfully, omb has also decided to remove online documentation for his plugins.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 am

texmurphy wrote:Regretfully, omb has also decided to remove online documentation for his plugins.

Yes, I removed the online manuals 3 weeks ago. The webserver log files showed that they have hardly been used by anybody in the past months. No wonder that it took 3 weeks for someone to post this in the forum.
The major reason why I dropped this is the European "General Data Protection Regulation" which became effective on May 25.
It implies a major risk of being haunted by dubious lawyers with costly antitrust warnings for tiniest breaches of the regulation.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of data protection. However the regulation should have been designed in a way to prevent arbitrary crooks from abusing it to make money from others.
Bottom line: no web site = no expensive trouble of this kind.
Btw, even really big players like the LA Times and the Chicago Tribune ditched their web sites - at least for users from Europe.

Sorry,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:28 pm

The plugins could be released as shareware without support but open source (if possible).
Maybe not much income but more than none.
Sad to let the great omb plugins not come to the use they deserve.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Ooops, today I just wanted to get a clear and detailed definition of "calculate custom data tracks" function of After Import, but faced the lack of the manual.

May I get a precise definition from someone, please?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:36 am

Let me put it in another way.Is there anybody around who had downloaded the online manuals of Mr OMB including Custom Data Tracks before their removal, which is quite understandable due to GDPR?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Previous

Return to * General Info *