by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

[ST3] PROPERLY delete old years

[ST3] PROPERLY delete old years

Postby the5krunner » Mon May 08, 2017 9:13 am

i have deleted all activities from a certain year and also all athlete records from the same year. also from all previous years

yet there is still 'something' in there which causes the trainingload plugin to start its calculation from the start of the supposedly blank year

question: how do I really delete ALL the data at the start of the ST3 database
the5krunner

Re: [ST3] PROPERLY delete old years

Postby texmurphy » Mon May 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Removing prior data has a big impact on Training Load. There is no way TL will replicate exactly going forward without the full dataset.
That said, since I have done this several times, there are in the Training Load Plugin Settings two would-be useful variables: Initial ATL and Initial CTL. It is too bad these don't work as apparently a date of 5 March 2008 was hard-coded as the initial dates! See image below.
So you will just have to build 45+ days of intensity into your history and go forward from there.

TL Start.jpg
TL start date hard-coded.
TL Start.jpg (92.46 KiB) Viewed 4749 times
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: [ST3] PROPERLY delete old years

Postby the5krunner » Tue May 09, 2017 3:48 am

yes my graph looks exactly like that and I wanted to get rid of the bit at the start.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I think you have kindly answered my question

my underlying concern was that this great time range was causing the TL plugin to be slow at calculating. I was not sure if the numbers included at the start of the range would slow it down
the5krunner

Return to Training Load