Notice: The ST3 Windows PC app will reach End of Life on March 31, 2020.Learn More

Garmin Fitness

by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 19,926 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

910xt Export Workouts

910xt Export Workouts

Postby Candive » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 pm

I installed Garmin Fitness today and followed the instructions on installing the Garmin Communicator plugin and testing it in IE 11. I'm using Windows 7 and load my activities to my computer via Garmin Express.

In Garmin Fitness, I updated my profile and HR zones and exported it the my 910xt without any issue. I then created some workouts and tried to export them to my device. I get a error message; "The device Forerunner 910xt does not support workout export. This is required for proper functioning."

As a test, I went into Garmin Connect and created a workout and successfully transferred it to my device.

I'm stumped! How am I able to transfer my profile and HR zones to my 910xt using Garmin Fitness but not my workouts?

Any suggestion would be helpful. Also note, I have IE and Firefox loaded on my machine but IE is my default browser.
Candive

Re: 910xt Export Workouts

Postby Candive » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 am

Still working on this issue with no success. Here is what I have done so far:

1. I thought it may have something to do with my 910xt so I did a hard reset.
2. I also deleted my device from Garmin Express and re-synched it.
3. I uninstalled the plugin; downloaded it again and reinstalled it. (I was surprised it had kept my settings).

After completing the above, I get the same issue; I can transfer my profile from Garmin Fitness but I cannot export or import any planned workout. :cry:

I'm running out of ideas; Anything I missed? Any other suggestion?
Candive

Postby Candive » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 am

I still havn't been able to resolve this issue. Would anyone with a Garmin 910xt confirm that they can export workouts to their device using this plugin?
thanks
Candive

Postby Burnt Toast » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm

310xt has uploaded in tha past. I haven't uploaded any workouts in a long time though
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Hussa » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm using a 910XT with firmware 3.0, formerly I had 2.7. SportTracks runs on a Win7 Computer. The Communicator Plugin is installed. Nothing else from Garmin so no Garmin Express or Garmin Connect. I never had any trouble to transfer workouts from Garmin Fitness to my 910XT. I just had a go to see if something changed after I havent used it for some time. It worked without any problem.
Hussa

Postby Candive » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:02 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. There is obviously a problem with my system and not the plugin.

Hussa, if you don't use Garmin Express, how do you transfer your activities from your 910xt to your computer? Do you use the old Garmin Ant agent or OMB's Garmin Device plugin?
Candive

Postby Hussa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 am

Yes, the Garmin ANT Agent pulls the data from the watch and stores the *.FIT files. Within SportTracks I'm using OMB's GARMIN FIT Devices plugin to import the FIT file.
Hussa

Postby Candive » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:17 am

Aaaaah, so Garmin Express may be the culprit. When I upgraded my laptop, I moved from Ant Agent to Garmin Express. I'll do some testing on my old machine and post my results. Thanks for your input; we'll get to the bottom of this. :)
Candive

Postby Candive » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:47 pm

I have a old computer with Sporttracks and the old Garmin Ant Agent. I created a workout in Garmin Fitness and successfully exported it to my 910xt. So I can only conclude that the problem with my new computer is Garmin Express. Garmin Fitness currently requires Garmin Communicator and Ant Agent to transfer workouts to my device. I'm reluctant to go back to Ant Agent at this stage because it is no longer supported by Garmin. A possible work around would be to create a workout in Garmin Fitness and save it as a file in a directory that is recognised by Garmin Express and/or the 910xt and somehow load it into the device that way but I'm not sure that can be done. Any suggestions other than waiting for an updated version to Garmin Fitness?
Candive

Postby jerem » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:04 am

Hi all, I know it's an old topic but is there someone able to use Garmin express with Garmin fitness? my device is not find by the pluging and I can't export my workouts. Export from Garmin connect works well but the site doesn't allowed to import many workout. How do you guys export your workout?
jerem

Return to Garmin Fitness