by mechgt

Downloads: 3,987 (11) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Feb 28, 2014

New plan... but in the future... after a current plan

New plan... but in the future... after a current plan

Postby gregoryx » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm still working toward the end / peak / A-race of my current plan. (ending 4/7)
And I'm trying to build the /next/ plan - which is a pretty short re-build toward another A in just a few weeks later. (end 5/18)
But it looks like if I do a 4/8-5/18 plan, it's not taking into account my current plan... (makes sense since it's not /part/ of the next plan).

But that means my CTL/ATL/TSB aren't consistent with the predicted state on 4/8.

Ideally, I'd like to do this as one plan that morphs into the next. What's the best way to do it? Add another phase and call it "Final 2"?
It's all running.
gregoryx

Re: New plan... but in the future... after a current plan

Postby mechgt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:56 pm

This could be implemented as another phase in a larger plan. I have intentions to be able to load multiple plans. Would loading multiple plans solve your problem and be useful, or would that just be confusing?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gregoryx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 pm

I think multiple plans would work, if I'm picturing it correctly.

Essentially, I'm envisioning an A/B comparative option (or A/B/C :) ) as well as some easier / easy-ish way to work from the assumed end-point of a current plan while building the A/B next options.

I am having two other issues that are making the current plan/analysis difficult even without this:
1- if I do two or three workouts in a day (typically I segregate warm-up / workout / cool-down on speed days; and some days I do doubles), then it only matches one of them at best - and often not the right one, leaving me with manual TRIMPs and/or data to modify.
2- it's often not matching up the workout that I did to over-write the planned workout. Not a big deal - I just modify the TRIMP on the workout to match the actual workout - but not ideal.

I've seen posts that you're working on both of these. So that's good. :D

But with those addressed, it just magnifies my planning issues: I am trying to use TSB as a marker to target a specific level for my A/B/C races. For example, target a TSB of 10+ for each A race and 0+ for a B race and even have a specific negative goal for a C race. But I am unable to do that effectively unless I build a full year (or at least full season) plan. And then I'd have to modify it to reflect any changes in plans, as opposed to building another plan.

For example, I'm weighing doing either a half- or full-marathon on 5/6 (a month after my A-race 5K on 4/7). Which I do and how I do them - hard versus easy, full versus half - have everything to do with training building up to them and the training I'd change after the race to hit another 5K mark on 5/19. I thought I could use multiple training plans to compare these things; but it appears I can't really do that as an "add on" to my current 4/7 target plan. Today, that's not a big deal - less than a week to go - but I started trying to do it a month ago and realized I couldn't without building plans that started on a current (or past) date and covered all dates up to 4/7 before extending beyond. So... I'd like to layer them on top of / against each other and A/B them. Ideally, a "current plan" and the ability to consider "possible future plans" as extended projections of the current plan.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I hope that makes sense. This is exactly what I'd do without the plugin; but I am becoming addicted to the idea of seeing the fancy graphs to project the CTL/ATL/TSB of my plans. Hope this works out!
It's all running.
gregoryx

Postby gregoryx » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Bump this. Any progress on multiple plans?
It's all running.
gregoryx

Postby mechgt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:20 am

The core of the code is built to support multiple plans. I'm expecting that at some point in the future that feature will make it in, however it won't be in the next release for certain. The next big feature addition will be Google Cal sync (and a couple minor bugfixes).
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gregoryx » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks for the update.
It's all running.
gregoryx

Postby sanderroosendaal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:51 am

Just installed Fit Plan. I was already a very happy user of Training Load.

I immediately implemented the remainder of my current plan (ending October 12). I saved that and then created a new plan starting October 13 and running to the end of February. However, I am not sure what this does to the graphs in Training Load.

Could you explain how what I have just done affects the CTL/ATL/TSB calculations in Training Load? I guess the current plan active and CTL/ATL/TSB is predicted until October 12. On October 13 I will load my next plan and everything should be fine. I guess there is no way to see the two plans in sequence?
sanderroosendaal

Postby gregoryx » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Nailed the issue, sanderroosendaal.

That was my hope: "some easier / easy-ish way to work from the assumed end-point of a current plan."

Never materialized, I guess. It dropped my usage of Fit Plan a bit. Basically, I use it now when I'm actively planning out workouts; but don't use it beyond a current cycle since I don't know where my fitness will be at the end of a cycle (after a break, typically).
It's all running.
gregoryx

Return to Fit Plan