I am crushed....

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Re: I am crushed....

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 21, 2019 5:43 am

gregoryx wrote:I'm in the "bummer" camp. For the same reasons others stated above: the reporting in ST3 is great - searchable, grouping, etc. But it was certainly inevitable. This was an athlete's app. Which is a lot like races (running, at least): used to be for athletes, now for finisher medals. No money in athletes.

ST folks, could you PLEASE release a version that doesn't require you being involved in order to reinstall it? Ideally, the plugins would become perpetual as well.

I've been gladly paying for ST online for a few years now - since the first release, whenever that was. But it's a far cry from ST3 for viewing and manipulating information. I'm searching for a viable alternative to ST3, but I fear MOBI maybe about as inferior as the rest. One thing I'm seeing is the tendency for apps to be more bike-focused than running-focused - like Golden Cheetah - which is just an annoyance when things are all mph instead of min-per-mile pace. Anyway... enough whining, I guess.

ST folks, release an unlocked version?

and anyone with a solution to the reporting problem, what are you going to? 'Cause it certainly isn't MOBI.

EDIT: Forgot about this deal-breaker (from another post): "All data in your online SportTracks account is backed up automatically. There is no need (and no way) to personally back up only your data in the website database."

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. I don't want your assurance that you'll have my data for as long as that's convenient for you. What's the best-case scenario for a nice cloud-app? Acquisition! So let's say Google buys it... which history tells us means the product will be eliminated in a year or so. And the users and data abandoned. From an app with data that you cannot export. Awesome. Nope.

It is a good idea (see bold part of the quoted post), but I even went further starting some sort of bargaining. Since business is business.

See at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18118
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby zacklaws » Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 am

fishyweb wrote:Guys, I've been using PerfPRO Studio software for about 6 months for controlling my smart trainer. It is a very powerful desktop app with a 1-time license fee, similar in functionality to Trainer Road and so forth. It comes complete with a workout tracking component called PerfPRO Analyzer which, up until now, I've not paid much attention to, preferring to load my workouts into ST3. However I've now realised that it might make a pretty good alternative to ST3. From the PerfPRO website:

PerfPRO Studio software is only any good if you are using an indoor trainer, most people using ST3 would probably need a package that does outdoor activities.
zacklaws
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fishyweb » Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 pm

zacklaws wrote:
fishyweb wrote:Guys, I've been using PerfPRO Studio software for about 6 months for controlling my smart trainer. It is a very powerful desktop app with a 1-time license fee, similar in functionality to Trainer Road and so forth. It comes complete with a workout tracking component called PerfPRO Analyzer which, up until now, I've not paid much attention to, preferring to load my workouts into ST3. However I've now realised that it might make a pretty good alternative to ST3. From the PerfPRO website:

PerfPRO Studio software is only any good if you are using an indoor trainer, most people using ST3 would probably need a package that does outdoor activities.

Yep, that's what I thought as well, but seems that you and I were both wrong. The PerfPRO Analyzer component is key here. I've just imported an outdoor run and ride, and they both import fine. Seems that there is the same issue with Google Maps API that afflicted ST3 a few months ago, but I imagine that there will be a fix for this forthcoming (the dev is pretty responsive), and the stats look quite comprehensive. I need to dig a bit deeper to explore all of the potential, but I'd encourage others to also take a look via the free trial to get other opinions.
Steve
Using Garmin FR 230 for running, and Garmin Edge 820 (with cad, power and HR) for cycling
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Sat May 25, 2019 4:51 am

admin wrote:Someone who has more info on MTB or GC should chime in to help. We don't use either of those apps for obvious reasons, but my impression is they don't come close to "feature parity" versus the SportTracks online app, which does what ST3 does and a bunch more.

MTB is really basic - no gear tracking or performance modeling I think, no pool swim, no CIQ fields, running dynamics, weather imports... does it track indoor workouts either? afaik it's an open source hobby project done when the author has free time. GC is much more robust but definitely a "toolbox" type of app with a learning curve and tilts very heavy towards cycling power meter users.

Just the opposite way, GCheertah cannot import indoor activities at all if they have been logged to ST3 as manual entries, netiher via .tcx nor .fitlog.

On the other hand MTB can dot it via .fitlog.

Disclaimer: I have no thorough knowledge about MTB or GC, just to srtated to escape from ST3 and tested the different imports of the former two.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby gregoryx » Sat May 25, 2019 7:26 pm

I tested both GC and MTB (as well as others) and found that GC wouldn't work as a log tool once I loaded 10 years of activities as it got too slow. The analysis tools are great, though; so I may use it to analyze portions of the data after finding the solution (currently likely MTB). MTB, OTOH, does a good job of showing years of data in groups. Not as a single list (not useful anyway); but as groups by year and/or month / etc. And in that format, it loads faster than ST3 and works well to view and search and such. There are more search / filter options than ST3 but they're different, so... not automatically making sense to me.
It's all running.
gregoryx

Postby Galaxy_I » Sun May 26, 2019 2:34 pm

texmurphy wrote:RWGPS will do route creation (see limits referred by me above). But the smart user than takes the output from RWGPS and loads it into ST3 for edits and corrections :lol:

ST3 also very useful when you have to "patch" a failed gps device section.

Try using gpsies.com for route planning. I used it several times and it worked quite well for me. Of course it does not surpass ST3 especially when using the "waypoints and courses"-plugin. As with so many features in contrast to Admins repeated statements nothing which is supported on the .mobi version. Not even close...
Galaxy_I

Postby IAmFedUpWithThis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:44 pm

I just got a notification of a new post on this topic, but when I clicked the link to view it, I got the message:

You are not authorised to read this forum.

Yet if I go to "Forums" and then drill down to this particular topic, of course I can read it (and post to it). Does anyone know what's going on, please?
IAmFedUpWithThis

Postby fishyweb » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

I got a notification as well, for Tisztul_A_Visztula having posted a reply. Looks like they or someone else has deleted it.
Steve
Using Garmin FR 230 for running, and Garmin Edge 820 (with cad, power and HR) for cycling
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:18 am

fishyweb wrote:I got a notification as well, for Tisztul_A_Visztula having posted a reply. Looks like they or someone else has deleted it.

Notification emails are sent immediately, and yes, deleted posts don't show up.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pucko » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:55 pm

This really sucks. I'm a user of both the mobi version and the ST3. ST3 have functions in plugins like live recording etc that I miss in the onlie version.
The day I can't trust that I will be able to install st3 on a new computer, I will move away from Sporttracks forever. I have used tapirik to extract all data to dropbox and looking for alternatives. If anyone have a good idea of replacement software please tell me.

When I bought the ST3 it was promoted as a "life time " licnense.. Well. I that was a short life....
pucko

Postby patrick1975biker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:13 am

whiskywheels wrote:The crazy thing is, I'll stop my subscription with ST mobi because of this. The only reason I have mobi is that it syncs with ST3! In future I can finish a ride & my Garmin 820 will sync with Garmin Connect and RWGPS as it does now, but without ST3 there's no need for mobi.

SAME!
patrick1975biker

Postby rictho » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:56 pm

I know the ST guys have got to run a business and will have given this thought, but for me, they have got this wrong but hey, I've only been using ST3 for 10 years so what would I know....
STMobi is inferior in many respects - I can't even see the detail of my tracks on the map just a smoothed and inaccurate line
ST3.JPG
ST3.JPG (27.18 KiB) Viewed 647 times

STMobi.JPG
STMobi.JPG (32.3 KiB) Viewed 647 times

Want to correct the GPS track of an activity or a bum HR trace - forget it.
As someone else said, I only had ST mobi to feed data to ST3.
Without ST3, I will just stick with Garmin and let my STMobi subscription lapse.

ST Team - please re-think.
rictho

Postby jüre » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:54 am

Sobald ST3 eingestellt ist, werde ich auch Mobi künden.

CC wird immer besser. Zusätzlich habe ich auch noch Endomondo.

Jüre
jüre
Donated!
Donated!

Postby whiskywheels » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:03 am

jüre wrote:Sobald ST3 eingestellt ist, werde ich auch Mobi künden.

CC wird immer besser. Zusätzlich habe ich auch noch Endomondo.

Jüre

CC? Meinen Sie damit Garmin Connect (GC)?
whiskywheels

Postby runs4cache » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am

For fixing up bad HRM data, note that there is a uservoice request for exactly this feature in mobi, vote here. It's currently the "hottest" feature request but has not even reached the first page in Top.
https://sporttracks.uservoice.com/forums/201951-general

Personally what I would hope the team is working on with high priority is porting over normal ST3 capabilities including recalculating the GPS track distance, edit points, and this HRM data fixing before moving on to new features that depend on having good exercise data to work on, but then not having ways to make that good data.
runs4cache
-PAID-
-PAID-

Postby jüre » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Sorry, mein Fehler. Ja ich meine Garmin Connect.

Jürg
jüre
Donated!
Donated!

Previous

Return to Questions