Where are you going ?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Which platform are/have you transitioning(ed) to ?

GoldenCheetah
No votes
MyTourBook
No votes
TrainingPeaks
No votes
TrainingPeaks WKO+
No votes
TrailRunner
No votes
RubiTrack
No votes
Runner's Studio
No votes
Excel
No votes
Strava
No votes
Other (Please elaborate in a response)
No votes

Total votes : 0

Where are you going ?

Postby FredericB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am

Hello!

I've seen these days that more and more requests have been made from existing users to enhance the SportTracks desktop application. While some of those requests were actually addressed in small bugfixes, it seems to me that it was not what was expected and some users have then decided to stop using the ST desktop and/or Mobi (online) app. If you are interested to see the recent talks and activities, see those posts : ST3 effectively dead, ST3, ST4

While I have said numerous times how I appreciate and use ST, I have been considering dropping the ball as well and have already explored all my options. Don't get me wrong, if I could continue using ST, I would and I would be one of the first to support the development of it. As you can see in my review here, I am using it quite a lot and while I list alternatives, It would be a big task to transfer all my data into another software.

What I am interested in here is to know, for the people that have or are transitioning to another software, which platform did they migrate to ?
Please answer this poll and even add a detailed description of your "transitioning journey" (even if you are just like me considering switching) so we can all beneficiate from each other's journey.
You can see that I have tried to list all the major on-premise software as the general recent discussions have been about enhancing the ST desktop app. But I have also added the "Big gorillas" such as Strava...etc.

Thank you
Frederic
FredericB

Re: Where are you going ?

Postby old_man_biking » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 am

A week has passed and not a single vote!?
Seems that many users have already gone.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby easterbird » Wed May 02, 2018 11:40 am

OMB, I am still here and hoping for life to come back to ST. I use Strava,Ride w GPS but this is still my go to(especially when it works)
easterbird
easterbird
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FredericB » Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am

old_man_biking wrote:A week has passed and not a single vote!?
OMB

I guess :?:
FredericB

Postby Yannos » Wed May 02, 2018 12:01 pm

OMB

Or they are staying with ST3 and do not want to change at all, which is my case. ST3 simply the best so why changing , as long as admins and plugins conceptors are available and involved in.
Yannos
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Wed May 02, 2018 6:12 pm

OMB

OMB - where's your vote?
Maybe we should do a poll for omb's plugin store reopening?
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jüre » Thu May 03, 2018 3:48 am

Ich benutze SportTracks täglich seit 11 Jahren und bin nach wie vor zufrieden. Super wäre, wenn alle Garmin Fit Daten importiert würde.

SportTracks ist ohne PlugIns aber nur halb so gut.

An dieser Stelle mal ein ganz GROSSES DANKE an Old Man Biking für deine Plugins und speziell seinen Support dazu. Ich begreife, dass er kürzer treten will, aber den Shop sollte er wieder öffnen. ;-)

SportTracks Mobi kommt für mich nicht in Frage, da zu teuer.

Meine Sport Daten importiere ich auch in Garmin Connect und Endomondo.

Hoffe, dass es SportTracks als PC Programm noch lange gibt und auch weiter entwickelt wird.

Gruss und Dank
Jüre
jüre
Donated!
Donated!

Postby skygod » Thu May 03, 2018 9:39 am

SQL error. Cannot vote.
skygod
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FredericB » Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 am

skygod wrote:SQL error. Cannot vote.

Same here, I get this error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'poll_user_voted' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

A quick search lead to this possible solution but I believe only the admin can do something about it
FredericB

Postby JeroenVanOmme » Fri May 04, 2018 1:12 am

:idea: Stay with ST3

For editing purposes there is just no other tool that will do the job, afaik. And syncing with Strava/TrainAsOne via Mobi using Tapiriik works 99.9% of the time.
Also, ST3 does a better job importing data from my watch than the tool the manufacturer provided.

I might change change my opinion if and when my current watch dies and I buy a new one...
JeroenVanOmme

Postby oracledba » Fri May 04, 2018 4:27 pm

for now I too am staying with ST3.
The base product with "training load" pluggin I am gets me what I want to see/know.
for that reason there is not a feature "pulling" me to go elsewhere.
however there are some "pushes" to leave st3.
OMB's pluggins can no longer be obtained (he shut down his storefront).
To accommodate the above I had to buy a program to "fix" ".fit" that wahoo products produce.
(It also means I can not "import" directly into ST3 from onedrive/dropbox but rather
I need to first run the file thru a fixit program before import, not a big deal takes only a few seconds
but still its a step I didn't need to do before).
if this is as "bad" as it gets I guess I'm ok with status quo for a few more years.
oracledba
Donated!
Donated!

Postby AlexMTB » Tue May 08, 2018 8:26 am

SportTracks 4.0, it means SportTracks with my own plugin for missing functionalities that SportTracks should have: FIT 2.0 importing, performance management chart, LogBook maintance, generation and deleting values in range dates, HRV importing, weather importing and proper translation. I have 45 custom fields in Activities and 8 custom fields in Athlete.
AlexMTB

Postby gerhard » Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Staying, I see no online alternative giving me the analysis I want now.
I would probably rather develop a FIT2 parser than switch if there were no other options..

Strava for the social part. I will not be able to convince my friends to use .mobi to get FlyBy and CRs.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby AlexMTB » Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 am

gerhard wrote:Staying, I see no online alternative giving me the analysis I want now.
I would probably rather develop a FIT2 parser than switch if there were no other options..

Strava for the social part. I will not be able to convince my friends to use .mobi to get FlyBy and CRs.

Inside the SDK FIT 2.0 there is a C# example of decode/parser FIT 2.0 files, you just need to adapt it to your needs.
AlexMTB

Postby ctbartz » Fri May 11, 2018 1:38 pm

I use and want to continue to use ST3 but like many am disappointed by lack of new features. But using a product and coming to the forums to discuss it are very different. I'm only visiting the forums because I'm trying to find out what happened to OMB's store and say this thread.

Speaking of which, since I can't buy the OMB plug-in for swimming data I'm going to try to write my own. I'll see how that goes. Nothing else allows me the ability to log so many different activities and information about that. I use Garmin connect and it is connected to Strava for the social aspect. But ST3 is my main tracking software.
ctbartz

Postby FredericB » Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 pm

ctbartz wrote:I use and want to continue to use ST3 but like many am disappointed by lack of new features...... Nothing else allows me the ability to log so many different activities and information about that. I use Garmin connect and it is connected to Strava for the social aspect. But ST3 is my main tracking software.

I agree completely. I hope nobody gets me wrong with this thread, I am definitely NOT encouraging ANYONE to go see somewhere else (I still mainly use ST myself as well), my point is to know what people end up using in the end. So far, nothing comes close to ST which is a shame that there is lack of new features considering what great product they have in their hands but at some point maybe another product will come very close and when that happens, I'd like to know.
FredericB

Postby gerhard » Fri May 11, 2018 6:04 pm

ctbartz wrote:Speaking of which, since I can't buy the OMB plug-in for swimming data I'm going to try to write my own.

There is minimal support for swimming in Trails
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Questions