Downloads: 1,397 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Adding Laps

Adding Laps

Postby martin.peer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi OMB!

Me again... Good one first: I donated 5mins ago...
Now the problem: I swam 40 lengths in a pool but forgot to press start and did this then after the first 50m (1 length)...
Now I would like to add this missing lap due to completeness reasons...
Is this possible? And in my last thread you mentioned sth. about editing laps... Can I also edit the elapsed time for a lap?

Thanks in advance :)

Have a nice weekend,
Martin
martin.peer

Re: Adding Laps

Postby Eifos_sofie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:54 pm

I accidentally pressed "stop" instead of "lap".
I notices after my 300m interval. continued my workout, but would like to ad the 300m I swam but that the watch didn't register because I "stopped" it.

Is there anyway to do this? Or is it just impossible?
Just to know if I should keep searching this forum or should just give up.
Eifos_sofie

Postby tndmbkr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:22 pm

You will never be able to extend your recorded track with real speed/heartbeat/etc data
You will have to make an estimate.

I am definitely not a swimmer, but a cyclist.
Nevertheless the described problem is very familair to me.

As a cyclist I have a GPStrack
I go to the ROUTE view (Street)
Click EDIT
I SELECT some point in the map
I click the EXTENDbutton
Follow the instructions shown in the popup
tndmbkr

Postby Eifos_sofie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:46 pm

thank you for your response, but I'm not sure how to do what you suggest in the pool swimming setting. There's no GPS-track for that.

What I did find was that when I activate the "rest", I can ad as many laps as I want.
The only problem is, that my "rest" time in numbers, isn't the amount of time that I was swimming and that I was resting together.
Realistically I can ad only 5 laps "because of the numbers" (otherwise I would swim my 25m in less then 10 sec).
In the drawing of the training above the numbers, I can see that "length 7" is much longer than the displayed 30 sec in the "number-section".

I think that the drawing sees my "stopped" time and that the "numbers" don't see this time.
Is there I way to make to "stopped" time editable?
(I think that I now created my interval-lengths in the actual real "rest time" - after that I noticed I had pushed the wrong button and pressed "start" again.)

I noticed that you ask for "the file" of the activity, so I added what I could export in sporttracks. Don't know if that is what you want of that you need some other format.
zwemtraining 24-07.fitlog
Don't know if this is the type of file you would want, or if you would want the original .fit-file I imported from my garmin.
(20.18 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Eifos_sofie

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 am

Did you use Garmin FIT Devices plugin for import?
If not, try this plugin. It provides better handling of timer pauses for pool swimming than ST's standard importer.
Using GFD plugin you should see a LONGER rest interval that includes the time while the device accidentally was paused.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming