by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,397 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Cannot view lengths

Cannot view lengths

Postby ukiwis » Wed May 14, 2014 8:28 pm

I have the Pool Swimming Plugin and a Garmin Swim. I cannot figure out how to view all the length/lap data.

I've seen many pretty pictures posted here but no matter what I do I cannot get that view. I'm either doing something wrong or I'm just a little slow so I thought I'd read the manual. The manual button on the Plugin's page simply shows "tbd" as does the "getting started" link.

I'm getting a little frustrated so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
KIWI
ukiwis

Re: Cannot view lengths

Postby old_man_biking » Thu May 15, 2014 1:39 am

ukiwis wrote:I have the Pool Swimming Plugin and a Garmin Swim. I cannot figure out how to view all the length/lap data.

I've seen many pretty pictures posted here but no matter what I do I cannot get that view. I'm either doing something wrong or I'm just a little slow so I thought I'd read the manual. The manual button on the Plugin's page simply shows "tbd" as does the "getting started" link.

I'm getting a little frustrated so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
KIWI

There have been a few similar posts like yours before.
In most (all?) cases before, users had not properly imported data from their device.
There are several ways to properly import from your Garmin Swim:
* import .FIT files from ANT Agent sync folder with ST's standard .FIT file importer
* import .FIT files from ANT Agent sync folder with .FIT file importer provided by Garmin FIT Devices plugin
* import from device "Garmin ANT Agent (...)" provided by Garmin FIT Devices plugin
* import activities from your Garmin Connect account with Garmin Connect plugin
Note that you must import .FIT files - .TCX files do not contain swim specific information.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ukiwis » Thu May 15, 2014 8:32 am

old_man_biking wrote:There have been a few similar posts like yours before.
In most (all?) cases before, users had not properly imported data from their device.
There are several ways to properly import from your Garmin Swim:
* import .FIT files from ANT Agent sync folder with ST's standard .FIT file importer
* import .FIT files from ANT Agent sync folder with .FIT file importer provided by Garmin FIT Devices plugin
* import from device "Garmin ANT Agent (...)" provided by Garmin FIT Devices plugin
* import activities from your Garmin Connect account with Garmin Connect plugin
Note that you must import .FIT files - .TCX files do not contain swim specific information.

Cheers,
OMB

I'm sure you are right but I do not have any FIT files saved on my computer that would correspond to the Garmin Swim file that should be dated with yesterday's date. I tested by importing an earlier file which I found located here:
C:\Users\JRH\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Devices\3862671774\FIT
When I did this I received this prompt

"Select type of file with extension "FIT"
Garmin FIT file
Garmin FIT file (Garmin FIT Devices Plugin)
The bottom option fails (xxxxxx is not an activities FIT file. File type is ActivitySummary) and the although the first option works it does not provide anything different to that viewed previously.

I appreciate the reply, I really do, but this is simply frustrating. I'm not an idiot but I cannot figure this out. I'm beginning to suspect that after spending some money on plugins FT is not for me
ukiwis

Postby old_man_biking » Thu May 15, 2014 9:56 am

If you're not sure where to find the files, try Garmin FIT Devices plugin and use the "Garmin ANT Agent" importer.
Manual -> http://sporttracks-plugins.com/SportTra ... ocId699953
This should help you overcome your frustration :)

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ukiwis » Thu May 15, 2014 6:48 pm

old_man_biking wrote:If you're not sure where to find the files, try Garmin FIT Devices plugin and use the "Garmin ANT Agent" importer.
Manual -> http://sporttracks-plugins.com/SportTra ... ocId699953
This should help you overcome your frustration :)

Cheers,
OMB

That wasn't working for me either UNTIL I deleted the old activities. When I delete them and re-import I get the charts. WOOHOO.

The issue I now have is I have no data since 4/14, despite swimming multiple days in the last month. Is there anything significant about that date? Is there any logical reason they are missing?

Thanks for your help
ukiwis

Postby old_man_biking » Fri May 16, 2014 1:56 am

ukiwis wrote:The issue I now have is I have no data since 4/14 ... Is there anything significant about that date? ...

Sorry, but I'm not sure if I fully understand your remaining problems. Maybe the answer can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_14 :roll:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ukiwis » Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Every swim session I have EVER done is showing in garmin connect. All the lap data is there. I CANNOT get any of this data for any of the workouts since mid April into ST, no matter what I do. I can delete an early April swim session and re-import it using the steps above, however this doesn't work for ANY swim session after mid April...they simply do not show when I try and import.
ukiwis

Postby old_man_biking » Sat May 17, 2014 2:56 am

How do you import, pls?
Garmin Connect Plugin, GFD Plugin via device/files??
If files, please zip one and add it to your post. I'll have a look, then.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ukiwis » Mon May 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Here's a link to a google doc of the issue.
http://goo.gl/ipZkR0

Cheers
KIWI
ukiwis

Postby old_man_biking » Tue May 20, 2014 4:16 am

So the essential problem is that activities since April 14 seem to have disappeared from your PC?
From your linked document I assume that you use Garmin ANT Agent to transfer data from your watch to your PC, not Garmin Express?
And you haven't installed Garmin Express on this PC?
Right? If not, if for example you've installed Garmin Express on April 14, things are clear. The data now reside within Garmin Express data storage, not ANT Agent data storage.
If you've installed Garmin Express, GFD plugin now provides an additional importer to handle this: http://sporttracks-plugins.com/SportTra ... n/new.html .
If you for sure still use Garmin ANT Agent, there's a (per device) switch in the Garmin ANT Agent "Device settings": "automatically delete" ... You might have ticked this.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ukiwis » Tue May 20, 2014 6:42 pm

That did it.

I do have Garmin Express installed on my PC and I believe Garmin Express is uploading the content to Garmin.

I found the missing files here:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GarminConnect\GARMIN SWIM-3862671774\Upload\FIT_TYPE_4

Thanks for your help. It's all so simple really!
ukiwis

Postby old_man_biking » Mon May 26, 2014 1:43 am

I've meanwhile found out what caused your issue: Garmin Express have changed file naming conventions.
There's a new version of Garmin FIT Devices plugin that accomodates to this.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming