Downloads: 1,406 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby S222sgr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 am

Ah I see...

Uncommon? I have had two 910s and both have done it? Maybe it is me...

If you could make the change to fix lengths in the way you describe that would be great - thank you.

Simon
S222sgr

ST not seeing (pool) swim data

Postby montyforever » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 am

Am using latest versions of 910XTfirmware, ST and Garmin fitness / pool swimming plugins. Am however on a bit of a dated Windows XP.

When I import data ST never sees my pool swim data even though it is visible on the watch. I have seen recommendations about importing the FIT files directly but can't find them on my computer.

Hope that gives you enough to go on: please help.
montyforever

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:40 am

There have been several similar posts in the forum. You should try to search for them to find a solution.
And/or you could try Garmin Fit Devices plugin, which provides an alternative importer for devices like the 910xt.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kaunzh » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 am

Hi,

i do every thing what I found in this Forum, but the swim plugin dosn't work! - I get no import of the swim data to sporttracks. - The Import to Garminconnect is working fine

I use all of new Software Versions.

Thx

BR
Harry
kaunzh

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 am

The Pool Swimming Plugin works like a charm :)

Unfortunately you don't share the informations with us that we need to help you.
What is your device?
How exactly did you import your swim activity/-ies into SportTracks?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kaunzh » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 am

Servus :D

Device:
Garmin 910XT

Software
ST 3.1

Plugin:
Garmin FIT Device
Pool Swiming Plugin
Old Man Bike Plugin

Windows 7 HE SP1

Harry
kaunzh

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 am

Was this supposed to answer my questions?
I've understood that you own a 910XT, but how did you import - you just listed your installed SW?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kaunzh » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:58 am

oh sorry 8)

I import the data via ST - Import ... Garmin 910 XT .. 'weiter' ... 'weiter' ... :)

The data transfer from the watch to Garmin ANT Agent is working I can see the swim data at Garminconnect.
All other data (run, bike, other) is working with the Import. The swim data is from yesterday and I install all plugin's today... .

Thx.

Servus
Harry
kaunzh

Postby kaunzh » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 am

The Import is running now ... iI try it with Garmin Agent ...

Now I Play with the data :D :D :D

Thank you very much
kaunzh

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi, Thank you for your plugin I think that it works great and I'm glad that at last I can get SPM (strokes per minute) data finally showed, something I've been asking for on GC for ages.

Just wanted to let you know that the Spanish translation of your plugin is always using 'alberca' for 'pool' but in Spain we don't say that, we say 'piscina'. Albercas are used in Spain to describe the shallow and ornamental pools (that sometimes have a fountain) like in the Alhambra of Granada but a swimming pool is always a 'piscina'.

...Well, I've just read that in Mexico they do use 'Alberca' as swimming-pool, and maybe in other South-american countries but anyway, not here in Spain, here it sounds really bad. As a matter of fact eventually I installed English as the chosen language because of that.
Jorge Lacomba

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:04 am

Guess where my Spanish translator comes from - Mexiko :lol:
And the translation for 'bus' would be 'guagua'.
OMB

PS: your suggested improvement is already paryt of the upcoming version. A fellow countryman of yours has also got the pimples, when reading 'bird pool' for his favorite olympic size pool.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:42 am

Which is preferred for omb?
antiguo ciclista o anciano ciclismo
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:02 pm

texmurphy wrote:Which is preferred for omb?
antiguo ciclista o anciano ciclismo

He,he , it would be 'Ciclismo del viejo' or more polite ' ciclismo del anciano'

Regarding the plugin, thanks, it's great to know you were already changing it for next version.
Jorge Lacomba

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 am

So that's an 'alberca'?
1.jpg
1.jpg (26.95 KiB) Viewed 19298 times

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju4Z7sNcarY at approx. 2:00 mins
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 pm

He, he, something more like this:

Actually this is the beautiful: 'el patio de la Alberca' in la Alhambra - Granada - Spain
Last edited by Jorge Lacomba on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge Lacomba

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:36 pm

BTW I've got an idea for your next version (or if it's possible to be done right now, please let me know as I've tried but couldn't): The thing is that if I've been swimming an interval of i.e. 500m and paused by mistake the watch at 450m then to compensate I swim a new interval of only 50m pause again and then follow with the rest of intervals in my session so: is it possible to edit this interval of only 50m inserting these 2 lengths in the previous interval and deleting the, then empty, interval??
I've seen an option called 'join next interval' but it seems more useful to me to be able to join to the previous one because of the aforementioned kind of mistake, is it or will it be possible?? Thanks in advance!!
Jorge Lacomba

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 am

Basically "Join with next interval" should do what you need to do.
If you want to join intervals 3 and 4, select no. 3 and do "Join with next interval".
That should be 100% like selecting interval 4 and doing (non-existing) "Join with previous interval".

Hope I understood you right.
Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FranR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 am

:lol: LOL... glad to know I am not the only picky spaniard... and surprised you don´t mention "longitudos" :lol:

Please "viejo ciclista", release that very fine (and much improved I must say) update soon so picky spaniards can find some peace of mind!
FranR

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 am

Please check your email inbox. 5 minutes BEFORE you posted I sent you an email that I'll release the new version verrry soon.
Seems that I should have myself checked for paranormal abilities :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FranR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:50 am

Please do :lol:

I am pretty sure this next version will be enjoyed by all users (spaniards or not) :wink:
FranR

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 pm

old_man_biking wrote:Basically "Join with next interval" should do what you need to do.
If you want to join intervals 3 and 4, select no. 3 and do "Join with next interval".
That should be 100% like selecting interval 4 and doing (non-existing) "Join with previous interval".

Hope I understood you right.
Cheers,
OMB

Thanks! That's perfect :wink: , I just didn't think it was valid this other way around. :roll:
Jorge Lacomba

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:01 pm

FranR wrote::lol: LOL... glad to know I am not the only picky spaniard... and surprised you don´t mention "longitudos" :lol:

Please "viejo ciclista", release that very fine (and much improved I must say) update soon so picky spaniards can find some peace of mind!

He, he, the thing is that after seeing 'alberca' I switched immediately to the English version, so I didn't notice anything else. :lol:
Last edited by Jorge Lacomba on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge Lacomba

Postby FranR » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 am

I can hardly blame you... :D
BTW, check the new version released today , no "alberca" now, and lots of other improvements!
FranR

Postby Jorge Lacomba » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:51 pm

FranR wrote:I can hardly blame you... :D
BTW, check the new version released today , no "alberca" now, and lots of other improvements!

Yep, I've already tried it and it's really nice: thank you for your good work old_man_biking!!. But somehow now I have a new problem in the way the garmin device plugin (updated also, needed for my Garmin swim watch) has imported my last swimming session, it seems that it is mistaken total time with total moving time and thus it gives a bad and decreased total average pace as shown in the activity report summary. However the pace is shown correctly when displaying the info inside the pool swimming plugin. What can be the problem? Have you noticed something similar?.
Jorge Lacomba

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm

As usual: please give details and I take care:
1. .FIT file of the activity
2. screen shots and info WHAT EXACTLY is wrong and what you would have expected as correct (if helpful a screen shot from Garmin Connect as comparison)

Cheers,
viejo hombre en la bici o en la alberca
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Pool Swimming