by old_man_biking

Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

FootPod / Speed Sensor Tracks

FootPod / Speed Sensor Tracks

Postby dbrillha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:43 pm

I have a Garmin 910XT that I use for running and cycling. I use GPS to capture location, speed, distance, etc. I use my footpod for cadence while running, and the speed/cadence sensor on my bike for cadence.

I'd love to ALSO grab the wheel-based speed and the footpod-based pace/distance tracks, in addition to the GPS track.

The data seems to be in the XML files. But I'm not sure which (if any) SportTacks plug-ins grabs these extra data tracks.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

-- Dave
dbrillha

Re: FootPod / Speed Sensor Tracks

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 am

Yes this info is part of the .FIT files on your device.
You have to download the activities from your 910XT with Garmin FIT Devices plugin.
And you must have Custom Data Tracks plugin installed - which provides the buckets, i.e. custom data tracks, where GFD plugin can dump that info into.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dbrillha » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:03 am

Awesome.

I'm attempting to TRIAL the Custom Data Tracks plugin, and it tells me it is invalid/expired. Can you let me try the plugin for 30 days?
dbrillha

Postby staffann » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm

I've used the combination of the two plugins for a long time now and it works really well with my foot pod. Or at least it did until my pod recently died :? The user just has to remember to set the pod as the speed source on the device itself. That, at least on my 310XT, makes sure that instantaneous pace is taken from the pod while distance and mean pace is taken from the GPS.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dbrillha » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:18 pm

staffann wrote:I've used the combination of the two plugins for a long time now and it works really well with my foot pod. Or at least it did until my pod recently died :? The user just has to remember to set the pod as the speed source on the device itself. That, at least on my 310XT, makes sure that instantaneous pace is taken from the pod while distance and mean pace is taken from the GPS.

AWESOME!! That was the trick I needed to hear. I've installed both plugins, and will test that on a run today.
dbrillha

Postby SojiOkita » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi everyone.

I just purchased the Garmin footpod to use with my Forerunner 610.

I made some tests and I can't manage to get the footpod pace in sporttracks (I have it on the garminconnect website)
(the only way I got the footpod pace is when the GPS is off... but I want to have GPS on, and the footpod for instant pace).

Here is what I do :
- the garmin watch parameter is set on "footpod" for speed
- I import the FIT data with Garmin Fitness Plugin
- I look on the Custom Data Curves. The "speed 2" field (called "Vitesse 2" on my config) is empty...

Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
SojiOkita

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 am

Could you please zip and attach the imported .FIT file of this activity to your post and I'll have a look.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby SojiOkita » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Ok, my mistake... I was probably too tired yesterday to read things correctly...
I was using Garmin Fitness Plugin, not Garmin FIT plugin :oops:
That makes sense that the two plugins that should communicate are made by the same person.

With the use of the correct plugin, it works perfectly.
SojiOkita

Return to Training Analysis