by old_man_biking

Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

Activity Report TSS

Activity Report TSS

Postby Styk33 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:04 pm

The Power Analysis plugin is great. It has some features that WKO+ doesn't seem to have. One feature that would be fantastic in the Activity Reports would be TSS. This is from the TSS that is calculated in Power Info Tab based on power, not heart rate. That is a fairly big part of past training when looking at the data. Having a graph of previous weeks or months total TSS would be swell.

Just a suggestion as I did not see this in other plugins that are available.
Reverend Dr. Jay
Styk33

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:17 pm

So far the SportTracks API doesn't provide a mechanism for plugins to add their columns to the report view.

I hope that this feature will be available before too long - then I can implement what you suggested (and what of course is a very good suggestion).

I didn't use WKO+. But I'm glad to hear that my modest plugin is better than this commercial software, at least in some respect.
Could you please explain a bit, which features of my plugins are "better than WKO+".
If you have any suggestions how to improve the plugin where it's not as good as WKO+, please let me know as well.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Styk33 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Having a activity reports show up would be great for TSS, and IF for me and a few others that I know for weekly. Once you can add activity reports, I have more section suggestions.

Adding columns in the daily activity section would be useful too. TSS, Work, and IF.

Including a CP120 in zone section is good for us triathletes that do long hard solo rides. Hub torque numbers for PT users is good to look at, although I just look at that in the PT software usually. It is not a common thing, mainly for races. Adjustable smoothing is nice. From 1 data point on out to 250 data points. I use the broad range to see if I faded during a ride and I like the no smoothing option for my intervals.

I doubt it is possible, but having a graph or the raw data of the best of the different zones (cp5s, cp10s, cp20s, etc). That would probably be an activity report though.

Having distance pulled off of the PT data is useful also. I do not like having to pull up the data to look at the distance and then enter it. Just me being lazy though.

Those are all of my suggestions so far. I am very happy with what you have done so far. Just trying to do my very tiny part in making things better.
Reverend Dr. Jay
Styk33

Re:

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 am

old_man_biking wrote:So far the SportTracks API doesn't provide a mechanism for plugins to add their columns to the report view.

I hope that this feature will be available before too long - then I can implement what you suggested (and what of course is a very good suggestion).

I didn't use WKO+. But I'm glad to hear that my modest plugin is better than this commercial software, at least in some respect.
Could you please explain a bit, which features of my plugins are "better than WKO+".
If you have any suggestions how to improve the plugin where it's not as good as WKO+, please let me know as well.

Cheers,
OMB

3 years later which is the easiest way to add TSS to Activity Reports and Daily Activity? I found TSS as a Custom Data field which can be added to the displayed fields both in Activity Reports and Daily Activity, but I could not figure it out how to handle this field and how to link it with the TSS calculated by Training Analysis plugin. Right now TSS is an empty field in spite of having TA plugin.

And anyway what is the use of these custom data fields? I found where one has to manually edit FTP cycle, but nothing about TRIMP and TSS.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: Activity Report TSS

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:25 pm

OK, at least please run me down....
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby racerfern » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:42 pm

And anyway what is the use of these custom data fields? I found where one has to manually edit FTP cycle, but nothing about TRIMP and TSS.

TRIMP and TSS are results of your effort based on FTP or heart rate functional threshold.

If you want to enter TSS for older rides and you use TrainingLoad then you can enter TSS=xxx in the notes field of any activity. But this does not work for TA.

Note: I have TSS, NP, IF and VI in my columns. Although some come from TrainingLoad and some such as IF and VI I created using Calculated Fields plugin.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 01, 2012 2:25 am

Thanks for joining the topic.

I did not fully catch the way how you described one's options to record TSS in a column to be displayed in the Activity Report. If the only way is to manually type it, why do you exclude TA plugin? TA plugin calculates it (as TL plugin implied by your remark). Or do you mean when saying "enter" that the TA automatically fills the notes field with "TSS-xxx"?
Alas, my notes field is already occupied for some other score calculation used by our national tourist association.

To conclude there is no way to automatically fill the column TSS even if one buys all the available plugins, isnt there? So your last sentence is about manual typing, isnt it?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby racerfern » Tue May 01, 2012 8:00 am

I use both TrainingLoad and Training Analysis because TL calculates TSB and it also ties in nicely with Fit Plan.

If my memory serves me correctly, by using TL I then have the option of displaying NP, TSS, CTL, ATL as columns in both the Daily Activity View and the Activity Report View. It's all there for me.

The purpose of TSS=xxx in the notes field USED to be so you could plan out future activities based on TSS so you could peak for events in the future. That has been replaced by FitPlan but the function of putting TSS=xxx or TRIMP=xxx into the notes field still works.

Here's a screenshot of my Custom Data Fields list alongside the Custom Data Fields I currently display and the columns as I display them.

While TA allows you to drill into the specifics of a particular activity it offers no insight into the effects of one activity on the next. So TA has no use for CTL, ATL or TSB. However, TL doesn't drill into the details, it offers you the bigger picture with a peek into the future.
Attachments
tss-screenshot.jpg
tss-screenshot.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 9469 times
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 am

It seems that TL is what I was looking for when I spotted TSS in the list of fields. Maybe I tested earlier this plugin, so it added some custom data fields to my ST3 and they were not removed when I uninstalled this plugin after the trial.

Thank you Fernando for explaining it in so detailed form.

Zoltan
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Training Analysis