Rob.
Robert Austin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kdharper » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Stumpjumper68 wrote:Hi OMB,

I've a question about the donation. I'm running ST
on 2 PC. One at home and one at work. I've read others
even run it on a third (laptop). I would like to know when I donate (should be very soon) if it's possible to use the donation for both PC or it's necessary to donate for each.

I'm in the same position - I run ST on my laptop for backup purposes. I have donated for dot racing and map overlay and I would like to use them on my laptop too! Is there anyway I can achieve this without donating twice?

Thanks

Kevin
kdharper
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Dune » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Stumpjumper68 wrote:
Hi OMB,

I've a question about the donation. I'm running ST
on 2 PC. One at home and one at work. I've read others
even run it on a third (laptop). I would like to know when I donate (should be very soon) if it's possible to use the donation for both PC or it's necessary to donate for each.

I'm in the same position - I run ST on my laptop for backup purposes. I have donated for dot racing and map overlay and I would like to use them on my laptop too! Is there anyway I can achieve this without donating twice?

Same here, I'm off to Canada in 9 days and will be hitting the trails in Sun Peaks and Whistler armed with my forerunner and lap top, would be useful if I could have all pugins loaded and good to go.
Dune
Donated!
Donated!

validation for 2nd pc

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 pm

no problem,
i´ll send out a 2nd validation for your 2nd machine (e.g. notebook) without asking.
I just want to prevent that someone lets all his friends vadate with his donation credentials.

enjoy,
om
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

impatience

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:42 pm

rob, you`re validated :)
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: impatience

Postby Robert Austin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:33 pm

old_man_biking wrote:rob, you`re validated :)

:D Thank you, I've got the code.

Now I've got the plug-in, I've got the validation code, the only problem is I didn't get a personal best on my training run tonight to dot race against my previous attempts :cry:

Anyway, thank you again for your quick response.

All the best,
Rob.
Robert Austin
Donated!
Donated!

Re: validation for 2nd pc

Postby kdharper » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:10 pm

old_man_biking wrote:no problem,
i´ll send out a 2nd validation for your 2nd machine (e.g. notebook) without asking.
I just want to prevent that someone lets all his friends vadate with his donation credentials.

enjoy,
om

That's great thank you. I'll look forward to receiving your email. :D

Kevin
kdharper
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 am

clackerz wrote:I'm getting an Unhandled exception when attempting to add a *.gpx route to an activity.

I get this exception when either importing the file or using the AR Plugin to add the route in edit activity.
This message appears when selecting continue and then re-selecting the activity.

I am using the Map Overlay/Dot Racer version:
Build:
0.2.3112.34955beta 09/07/2008 19:25

ST Version: 2.0.3088

"Cannot access a disposed object"
"Object name: 'TrackCursor'"

Here are the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'TrackCursor'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_ParentInternal(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Parent(Control value)
at OldManBiking.MapOverlayPlugin.UI.Controls.DotRacingMapDisplay.Racer.MyDotRacingMapDisplay_MapControlVisibleChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at OldManBiking.MapOverlayPlugin.UI.Controls.DotRacingMapDisplay.MapControl_VisibleChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.GPS.MapControl.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.RoutePanel.RefreshAddRouteMode()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.RoutePanel.ShowRoute(IGPSRoute route, String name)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.RoutePanelWithBanner.ShowRoute(IGPSRoute route, String name)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Views.Activities.ActivityDetailPanel.ShowActivity(IActivity activity)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Views.Activities.Daily.MainWindow.RefreshSelectedActivityDetails()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Views.Activities.Daily.MainWindow.treeActivitiesList_SelectedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.OnSelectedChanged()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.set_Selected(IList value)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hi clackerz,

sorry, I could not reproduce this.
Could you please send me:
- an exported fitlog of the original activity
- the GPX file to import
- a step-by-step description how to reproduce this

You should have my e-mail address.

Thanks,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: A couple of bugs

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:46 am

fishyweb wrote:I've noticed a couple of bugs this evening:

The first is where I've ended up with a dot racer on my map, when not even in dot racing view! In fact, I've not even been in dot racing view all evening. The dot is positioned in the centre of the map, and not even on the activity track. If I click on it, there is a message telling me that I don't appear to be on a "... with overlays" map, which is quite true! I'm not sure of the exact sequence of events that has led to it, but I've been doing quite a bit of switching between different activities and different views, and different map types. This has happened on two occasions tonight.

The second is similar in a way to the effect you get when Google Maps has blocked you. It happens when I'm using satellite with overlays. When I drag the "map" so that it has to refresh some tiles, it starts refreshing them, but does not render the whole map - some of it is left grey. However, if I now drag the map a fraction further (though not far enough to require further tiles to be downloaded), the unrendered portion of the map is suddenly displayed. It is as if the tiles were all downloaded without them all being displayed, until it has to redraw through the map being dragged a further fraction. This has happened on quite a number of occasions tonight, but only with the satellite overlay map - I've not been able to reproduce it with the plain satellite view. Does that make sense?

I hope this is enough information to get some handle on the issues!

Thanks fishyweb,

Thanks for the feedback. I know about both "effects" and have put them on my todo list.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: A couple of bugs

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:51 am

clackerz wrote:
fishyweb wrote:The first is where I've ended up with a dot racer on my map, when not even in dot racing view! In fact, I've not even been in dot racing view all evening. The dot is positioned in the centre of the map, and not even on the activity track. If I click on it, there is a message telling me that I don't appear to be on a "... with overlays" map, which is quite true! I'm not sure of the exact sequence of events that has led to it, but I've been doing quite a bit of switching between different activities and different views, and different map types. This has happened on two occasions tonight.

I've managed to 'replicate' this to an extent. The selected activity will be the default activity displayed in the Dot Racer (regardless if you're using it or not).
If I change the map type to one that is not a Map Overlay the racer remains - this will continue to happen regardless of the amount of times I change the map type.
However if I change the activity then the Dot Racer pop-up messgae appears and the racer disappears.

So if you're in another view switching maps/activities this scenario will happen when you move away from a Map Overlay then change your activity.

Yes, this is a glitch that I know of. I found no easy way to detect that the user has selected a non-overlays map. I think I can fix this with features that Aaron has added to the API in recent releases of ST.

Thanks for analysis and feedback,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:07 am

Des wrote:Hi OMB, thanks for the great plug-in. Hope you don't mind if I report a couple of issues /suggestions.

1. If you opt to show pauses then the graphs seem to lose sync with the map (ie highlight a section of the graph, the map highlight no longer corresponds).

2. If you highlight a section of the graph and then change the highlight to somewhere else, the only way you can get the map to update is to zoom in or out.

3. If you undock the graph window then it gets set to global modal (ie it appears above all other running apps with no way to minimise)

Now a couple of suggestions:-

1. I'm finding it very useful to be able to analyse the paused times, it would be great if they could be shown on the graphs. Ideally, it could be shown as a lighter shade background for the paused section (but I appreciate that this might get a bit messy if there are a lot of tracks - in that case maybe just the line itself could be a different colour ?)

2. Because it's so useful to be able to see the pauses (eg to explain why heartrate went down whilst going uphill), it would be great to be able to toggle the show pauses option on the main screen rather than having to go to the plugin settings.

Thanks for listening

Regards

Des

Hi Des,

thanks for your observations and suggestions.

re 1: oop, right. Put it on my todo list.
re 2: yes, I have a refresh problem. Some observations by others have the same cause.
re 3: I built it like this with full intention, so that the window won't "get lost". I had issues with non-modal windows in the past, where users did not find them. I don't think, it's a problem. Re-dock the top-level window and it will slip back into the ST window.

re suggestion 1: I agree, but I fear that the display will be a mess.
re suggestion 2: put it on my to do list

Thanks,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby DavidCHall » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 am

old_man_biking wrote:
Des wrote:3. If you undock the graph window then it gets set to global modal (ie it appears above all other running apps with no way to minimise)

re 3: I built it like this with full intention, so that the window won't "get lost". I had issues with non-modal windows in the past, where users did not find them. I don't think, it's a problem. Re-dock the top-level window and it will slip back into the ST window.

Would it be possible for the size / position of the undocked window to be "remembered": While I fully agree that the best way to handle this is to simply re-dock, loosing the carefully set up screen layout makes this less practical.
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 am

DavidCHall wrote:
old_man_biking wrote:
Des wrote:3. If you undock the graph window then it gets set to global modal (ie it appears above all other running apps with no way to minimise)

Would it be possible for the size / position of the undocked window to be "remembered": While I fully agree that the best way to handle this is to simply re-dock, loosing the carefully set up screen layout makes this less practical.

Hi David,

if I remember right, I should have already implemented this. After re-docking and undocking again, the window should appear at the last position where it was, when it was undocked the last time.
I'm however not sure if I restore the size as well.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Dune » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 am

no problem,

Thanks, that would be great. Excuse the ignorance but how does it work, will you send an email or is there another method, as I noticed you cant enter codes in any boxes with out completing the process.
Dune
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 am

Dune wrote:
no problem,
i�ll send out a 2nd validation for your 2nd machine (e.g. notebook) without asking.

Thanks, that would be great. Excuse the ignorance but how does it work, will you send an email or is there another method, as I noticed you cant enter codes in any boxes with out completing the process.

Hello to Bahrain,
obviously not many ST users out there :)

The method is explained in detail in
www.sporttracks-plugins.de/SportTracksP ... idate.html.

However, I have an offer for you:
send me your email via PM and I'll email you a beta version with a streamlined donation validation process.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Robert Austin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:27 am

Right, I have had a good play with the plug in now and I have to say it is really good. I had been using CompareTrack for dot racing but I have just un-installed it as I can now do it all and more in SportsTracks. If anyone is wondering, it is well worth the donation.

The only thing I would like would be a simple method to toggle the dot racing parts of the screen to a full screen view. There is just so much functionality to fit in the space! I have used the undock facility and if this is made to remember the previous positions of windows it would be a similar effect.

The GPS2PowerTrack weather plugin is also interesting. I don't cycle so had previously assumed there was nothing in this plugin for me. (Is it possible to get this to update the weather and temp in the SportsTracks summary page as this stopped working for me a while back?)

Anyway thanks to OMB for the great work.

All the best,
Robert.
Robert Austin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:38 am

Robert Austin wrote:Right, I have had a good play with the plug in now and I have to say it is really good. I had been using CompareTrack for dot racing but I have just un-installed it as I can now do it all and more in SportsTracks. If anyone is wondering, it is well worth the donation.

The only thing I would like would be a simple method to toggle the dot racing parts of the screen to a full screen view. There is just so much functionality to fit in the space! I have used the undock facility and if this is made to remember the previous positions of windows it would be a similar effect.

The GPS2PowerTrack weather plugin is also interesting. I don't cycle so had previously assumed there was nothing in this plugin for me. (Is it possible to get this to update the weather and temp in the SportsTracks summary page as this stopped working for me a while back?)

Anyway thanks to OMB for the great work.

All the best,
Robert.

Hi Robert,

I published a new release of the DotRacing plugin a minute ago and guess what it does:
it saves position and size of an undocked plugin :)

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

New Release of the MapOverlay/DotRacing plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi folks,

I've published a new release an hour ago.

Besides lots of bug fixes, it provides a refurbished donation validation mechanism which will provide instantaneuous donation validation on the click of a button.
No more waiting for a mail with the validation key.

Best regards,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Robert Austin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:25 pm

old_man_biking wrote:Hi Robert,

I published a new release of the DotRacing plugin a minute ago and guess what it does:
it saves position and size of an undocked plugin :)

Cheers,
OMB

Thanks OMB!

Fantastic, I have just got back from a run, so time to update the plug-in and download the run.

You are so good at all this, is there anything you can do to improve my running times? I want a new PB on one of my usual routes to watch on dot-racing :lol:

All the best,
Rob.
Robert Austin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Robert Austin wrote:... is there anything you can do to improve my running times? I want a new PB on one of my usual routes to watch on dot-racing ...

Hi Rob,
yes, of course. Just send me another $4.99 and you´ll get my famous "How to improve your personal best by writing plugins" guide :)
You`ll get a copy of "Don´t lose hope if you don´t lose weight" for free :cry:
Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kdharper » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 am

enjoy,
om

OMB,

Have you sent this out at all? I've not received anything yet and I'm just hoping that my spam filter hasn't beaten me to your email.

Thanks

Kevin
kdharper
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:21 am

kdharper wrote:

enjoy,
om

OMB,

Have you sent this out at all? I've not received anything yet and I'm just hoping that my spam filter hasn't beaten me to your email.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

just download the latest release of the MapOverlay/DotRacing plugin that I've published yesterday.
It will allow you to validate your donation (on a 2nd PC) on the click of a button without having to wait for a response e-mail or fearing that your spam filter might catch it.
It's a process of 2 or 3 seconds instead of hours or possibly a day.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kdharper » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 am

old_man_biking wrote:Hi Kevin,

just download the latest release of the MapOverlay/DotRacing plugin that I've published yesterday.
It will allow you to validate your donation (on a 2nd PC) on the click of a button without having to wait for a response e-mail or fearing that your spam filter might catch it.

Cheers,
OMB

Great, I'll do it now!

Thanks

Kevin
kdharper
Donated!
Donated!

Postby kdharper » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:44 am

kdharper wrote:
old_man_biking wrote:Hi Kevin,

Cheers,
OMB

Great, I'll do it now!

Thanks

Kevin

Thank you :D

Kevin
kdharper
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:14 am

I assume it has worked flawlessly?