by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 20,041 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

FIXED: Cil..question about importing HR zones

FIXED: Cil..question about importing HR zones

Postby nyvram » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm

After I realized I set all my HR zones for running (duh) I went back and set it up for cycling. However, the numbers I key into the garmin fitness page (bpm) do not copy correctly. I'm following the carhmicheal book to create my zones and it seems almost random the numbers for 'min' and 'max' the garmin unit is putting next to each zone. This is important to get working correctly if I'm going to follow the training plan but right now the numbers all wonky. Here is what I'm attempting to type in and here is what is getting imported. I've tried this 3x now (changing the numbers each time) so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if my edge 500 simply won't accept the ranges I'm attempting to import. maybe because its calculating a percentage or something?? anyway i'm confused.

Garmin Fitness values (HR zones)
1 84 - 152
2 147 - 150
3 154 - 157
4 159 - 162
5 167 - 185

The Edge 500 displays (wonky values are in red)
1 84 - 152
2 150 - 157
3 152 - 150
4 157 - 162
5 162 - 185
nyvram

Re: Cil..question about importing HR zones

Postby nyvram » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Cil, I think I answered my own question. I set all thsoe values really low but sequential (30-31, 32-33, etc.) and that 'reset' the data on my unit.

I then changed some of the zone numbers around so there was no overlap (between 1 and 2 especially) and it seemed to like that better.

So I guess these are the garmin zone rules:
- zone values must not overlap
- zone 1 'end' value and zone 2 'start' value must be the same

as long as you follow those 2 rules it works ok so i guess i'll have to live with the fact i can't export carmichael's data precisely.

the good news is that 'zone 2' is a throwaway zone for TCTP so i dont need it anyway, zones 1, 3, 4 and 5 are the most important and those are mostly correct.

so there you have it. I also just set up an activity and it was super easy!! your donation will be arriving shortly. this plugin ROCKS.
nyvram

Re: Cil..question about importing HR zones

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 am

Hello,
Yes, the Edge 500 enforces consecutive zones without overlap. This is not true of all device though so I didn't enforce it in the user interface.
Maybe an error message would be welcome.

nyvram wrote:Cil, I think I answered my own question. I set all thsoe values really low but sequential (30-31, 32-33, etc.) and that 'reset' the data on my unit.

I then changed some of the zone numbers around so there was no overlap (between 1 and 2 especially) and it seemed to like that better.

So I guess these are the garmin zone rules:
- zone values must not overlap
- zone 1 'end' value and zone 2 'start' value must be the same

as long as you follow those 2 rules it works ok so i guess i'll have to live with the fact i can't export carmichael's data precisely.

the good news is that 'zone 2' is a throwaway zone for TCTP so i dont need it anyway, zones 1, 3, 4 and 5 are the most important and those are mostly correct.

so there you have it. I also just set up an activity and it was super easy!! your donation will be arriving shortly. this plugin ROCKS.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Garmin Fitness