Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Enhancements proposals

Enhancements proposals

Postby ARI » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 am

hello,
i'm a happy user of the plugin.
You may find somme suggests i'll be even more happy :D if it could be done.

1 Sync profile of the plugin with the ST's athlete view one.
systematically take (or via a manual action on a button) value of the last athlete data of ST's athlete view.

2 Offer (via a configuration option) to automatically update the device in a "transparent" (each time we communicate with device)
combined with point 1, the device would always be updated.

3 Add as a config option => when loading all the trainings to the device, reset the device before. What was committing to have exactly the same from 2 sides.

4 Add the possibility of a selective import
pre load the workouts in a temporary list. Then do the actual import only selected trainings.

take what you want from that (or not) I'll stay a happy user...
regards
ARI
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Enhancements proposals

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 am

ARI wrote:1 Sync profile of the plugin with the ST's athlete view one.
systematically take (or via a manual action on a button) value of the last athlete data of ST's athlete view.

Yes, in theory this sounds great, but ST allows any number of zones and Garmin has fixed number of zones. How is one to match them??? If you have 10 power zones, the devices allows 7, what are we going to do???
Yes it could be done for athlete data, but some of this info is per sport for Garmin and not for ST.

Point is, both systems don't quite work together so well.

ARI wrote:2 Offer (via a configuration option) to automatically update the device in a "transparent" (each time we communicate with device)
combined with point 1, the device would always be updated.

Yes the profile could be updated when we send workouts, but so many people don'T configure their profile it's amazing. Then I would have to deal with lots of people asking why their profile changes when they export workouts...

ARI wrote:3 Add as a config option => when loading all the trainings to the device, reset the device before. What was committing to have exactly the same from 2 sides.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Reset the device"?

ARI wrote:4 Add the possibility of a selective import
pre load the workouts in a temporary list. Then do the actual import only selected trainings.

That could be done, please log an official request so it doesn't get fogotten
http://code.google.com/p/garminworkouts/issues/list
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ARI » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 am

Yes, in theory this sounds great, but ST allows any number of zones and Garmin has fixed number of zones. How is one to match them??? If you have 10 power zones, the devices allows 7, what are we going to do???
Yes it could be done for athlete data, but some of this info is per sport for Garmin and not for ST.

Point is, both systems don't quite work together so well.

in fact i was talking about standart athlet datas : weight, max and min HR ; datas are avalable in athlet page and selfishly supported by my FR305 (but i hope by all garmin devices)

Yes the profile could be updated when we send workouts, but so many people don'T configure their profile it's amazing. Then I would have to deal with lots of people asking why their profile changes when they export workouts...

Not a issue if the behaviour is setted in config page (and disabled by default) and concern the 3 datas seen before

I'm not sure what you mean by "Reset the device"?

juste erase all workouts before uploading all workouts from the plugin so get exatly the same on both (plugin and device) (behaviour setable in config page)

That could be done, please log an official request so it doesn't get fogotten
http://code.google.com/p/garminworkouts/issues/list

i'll do it

Regards
ARI
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

juste erase all workouts before uploading all workouts from the plugin so get exatly the same on both (plugin and device) (behaviour setable in config page)

That's not possible. At least with 2.9.3 they overwrite existing workouts now but even that is recent.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ARI » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 am

That's not possible. At least with 2.9.3 they overwrite existing workouts now but even that is recent.

Ok, so, just forgot it
By the way, what about taking weight, max HR and min HR from ST athlet view ?
in fact i'm interested about weight.
regards
ARI
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:16 am

It could be done in a future version, log it if you don't want it to be forgotten.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Garmin Fitness