by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 20,041 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Print scheduled activities in calendar format

Print scheduled activities in calendar format

Postby aretesys » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:29 am

I use the Garmin Fitness plug-in primarily to schedule workouts. I'm a visual person, plus I'd like a hard copy of my schedule, so I have a request: Is there any way to get a full calendar view and print out of my scheduled activities? I'm talking about something that displays/prints out in an actual calendar format (like you hang on a wall), with big boxes where you can see the workouts you have scheduled for that day.
Ideally it would allow you to choose a day, week, or month, and still use the same format. You would be able to click on an activity on the calendar to get more detail on that activity. It would be display only; no data entry allowed. It would be sized so the calendar would fit a printed page; i.e. be big enough so you can see the activity and not just the date with a star or indicator or something that says you have an activity that day.
This might seem like a small thing, but I think a lot of people would use this, and it would unique to Garmin Fitness - I haven't been able to find similar capability in any similar software.
If it's not going to be a feature, would it be possible to export the data in some format so it could be loaded into a calendar? Perhaps a .CSV file of some fort?
This is a great plug-in, and I'm sure a lot of work. I'm just getting started on it, but I did donate $15 to the site. :mrgreen:
aretesys

Re: Print scheduled activities in calendar format

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:51 am

How about an alternative:
The plugin could export scheduled trainings in ICAL format (a standard file format for calendar items) so that you could import them to your favorite calendar program and print there?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 am

Hello,
Development on Garmin Fitness is put on hold because I have other plugins to attend. You are welcome to log your request in the issues so that it doesn't get forgotten for a future version.

http://code.google.com/p/garminworkouts/issues/list

Although it doesn't answer your request per-se, the upper-left calendar can be used to see planned activities on a given date, see http://code.google.com/p/garminworkouts ... Scheduling
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby aretesys » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I agree with OMB, an ICAL export would be just dandy.
I added my request to the Issues log. I inadvertently made it a defect when it should have been an enhancement. Sorry! :x
aretesys

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 pm

No problem, thanks!
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Jomolungma » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

I added a little bit of flesh to this request on your tracking page, with screen grabs to provide examples. Hope that helps. The Garmin Fitness plugin is amazing - it's a real life saver. If this export function were put in there it would literally eliminate my need to use about 4 other programs besides Sport Tracks to get all of my workout data where and how I need it.

Say, you wouldn't happen to be willing to do a similar plugin but for Polar products would you? :) I would love, love, LOVE, to be able to dump Polar Personal Trainer 5 and go whole hog on Sport Tracks, but since I do some of my workouts with my Polar and some with my Garmin, and there is no "PPT5 plugin" for SportTracks, I have to run two separate calendars :?
Jomolungma

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:16 am

I was unaware that polar had a advanced workouts feature... For the mometn there are no plan, I have other plugins planned but now that I know about it, maybe I could add this plugin in the todo list.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Jomolungma » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:I was unaware that polar had a advanced workouts feature... For the mometn there are no plan, I have other plugins planned but now that I know about it, maybe I could add this plugin in the todo list.

Yeah, the PPT5 software is rather incredible actually. It has amazing functionality, particularly for planning, but also for reporting and tracking. In fact, I like the PPT5 advanced workout planner better than the Garmin handles it because Polar allows you to choose whether a phase automatically starts or starts when you press a button. To do that in Garmin you have to actually insert a step that ends when you press lap, which ends up combining two phases and can sometimes get weird in the reports.
Jomolungma

Return to Garmin Fitness