by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 19,798 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Step intensity

Step intensity

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:30 am

You might have noticed in the latest versions that there are 2 new step intensities available. These intensities are "Warmup" and "Cooldown" and are part of the FIT file format so only supproted by newer devices (Edge 500 & 800). For older devices, I designed the Warmup step to be sent as an active step and the cooldown as a rest step.

It seems some people dislike the warmup being sent as active. As such I'll add an option so it is user configurable.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Step intensity

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:29 pm

The settings that were previously added we're not saved. Sorry for this problem which has been fixed in 1.1.366
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rikicarra » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 am

Not sure if my question is appropriate in this thred, anyway... What is the difference from a workout standpoint between "active" and "rest"? What is that affecting when you do your workout?
rikicarra

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:08 pm

rikicarra wrote:Not sure if my question is appropriate in this thred, anyway... What is the difference from a workout standpoint between "active" and "rest"? What is that affecting when you do your workout?

It will flag your step as a rest step, which will in return flag your split as a rest split on import. It also changes the display a bit from "Bike/Run for x:yy" to "Rest for x:yy" for instance.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:
rikicarra wrote:Not sure if my question is appropriate in this thred, anyway... What is the difference from a workout standpoint between "active" and "rest"? What is that affecting when you do your workout?

It will flag your step as a rest step, which will in return flag your split as a rest split on import.....

... which means you can have separate tables, reports and charts for ACTIVE and REST laps, which is a phantastic enhancemants e.g. for Runners, who do intervalls and many more. ACTIVE is the fast part, REST the slow part + warmup and cooldown.

In STs you can change those "attributes" after the import if you forgot before, but obviously its better to flag it correct in the beginning.
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rikicarra » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:19 pm

HENNES wrote:
PissedOffCil wrote:

It will flag your step as a rest step, which will in return flag your split as a rest split on import.....

... which means you can have separate tables, reports and charts for ACTIVE and REST laps, which is a phantastic enhancemants e.g. for Runners, who do intervalls and many more. ACTIVE is the fast part, REST the slow part + warmup and cooldown.

In STs you can change those "attributes" after the import if you forgot before, but obviously its better to flag it correct in the beginning.

Thanks a lot, I didn't realize that. Now I remember that, for example, with "Calculated Fields" plugin you can treat differently "active" and "rest" portions of your activity.

You see, this is the "best practice" I was mentioning in the other post that I wrote few minutes ago and placed in the "Garmin Fitness 1.1" thread.

Riccardo
rikicarra

Return to Garmin Fitness