by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 19,798 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Bug & crash reports

Re: Bug & crash reports

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:19 am

rikicarra wrote:I have ver. 1.1.366 installed on ST 3.0, try to export a workout to my Edge 705 (firmware 3.20), ST 3.0 crashes. I woud attach the workout here, but I don't see the way to put attachments. If you want I can send it directly to you.

Thank you.

Garmin finally assessed the problem : https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=14265&page=2
Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Hotdog » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi, I'm having a issue where workouts scheduled through the plugin aren't showing up in the scheduling on my device when exported to my Edge 800.
I'm using the latest version of the communicator plugin 2.9.3. If I schedule a workout via GTC it shows up in the scheduling correctly.
I'm pretty new to all this so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in SportTracks. I think I've followed the instructions on the wiki correctly and the workout appears to be scheduled in the calendar.
Hotdog

No view of either options or GFP view

Postby aghamemnun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 am

Hi,

when starting ST other than as an administrator, I get error messages when trying to view either the Garmin Fitness Plugin options or the GFP view (whatever I try firstafter program start will fail).

The error seems to have to do with necessary privilegues not conceded to me as a normal user. Here's the error messages I get:

When the options view fails, it is

When the GFP view fails, it is:
Anyone an idea what might be the solution?

Thanks in advance
aghamemnun
aghamemnun

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:15 am

Hotdog wrote:Hi, I'm having a issue where workouts scheduled through the plugin aren't showing up in the scheduling on my device when exported to my Edge 800.
I'm using the latest version of the communicator plugin 2.9.3. If I schedule a workout via GTC it shows up in the scheduling correctly.
I'm pretty new to all this so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in SportTracks. I think I've followed the instructions on the wiki correctly and the workout appears to be scheduled in the calendar.

Hello,
Scheduling for FIT devices is still not supported because Garmin (ANT+) hasn't publicised the file format yet. Maybe it works if you export as a TCX file and put it in the NewFiles folder... to be confirmed.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Re: No view of either options or GFP view

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 am

aghamemnun wrote:Hi,

when starting ST other than as an administrator, I get error messages when trying to view either the Garmin Fitness Plugin options or the GFP view (whatever I try firstafter program start will fail).

The error seems to have to do with necessary privilegues not conceded to me as a normal user. Here's the error messages I get:

Thanks in advance
aghamemnun

I'll have a look
thanks.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 am

Thanks in advance
aghamemnun

This is indeed a problem. My selection of registry location doesn't work for non administrators. I'll fix this ASAP

You can send me your e-mail by PM so I can send you a donation key for finding a bug

Thanks
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Hotdog » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:31 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:
Hotdog wrote:Hi, I'm having a issue where workouts scheduled through the plugin aren't showing up in the scheduling on my device when exported to my Edge 800.

Hello,
Scheduling for FIT devices is still not supported because Garmin (ANT+) hasn't publicised the file format yet. Maybe it works if you export as a TCX file and put it in the NewFiles folder... to be confirmed.

Thanks for for the feedback, hopefully Garmin will publish it soon. Also thanks for responding to my post on the Garmin Forums and putting me on to SportTracks and Garmin Fitness. The lack of Power Support on GTC was proving to be a real pain.

One totally unrelated question. I'm getting an [Object Error] message when importing the profile from my edge. All the settings seem to be imported correctly, however the Name: field does default to display 'User Name' even if I've changed it previously and exported the profile. I'm not aware of the ability to set this directly on the Edge 800, could this be the cause of the message? Cheers, Graeme
Hotdog

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Hotdog wrote:Thanks for for the feedback, hopefully Garmin will publish it soon. Also thanks for responding to my post on the Garmin Forums and putting me on to SportTracks and Garmin Fitness. The lack of Power Support on GTC was proving to be a real pain.

One totally unrelated question. I'm getting an [Object Error] message when importing the profile from my edge. All the settings seem to be imported correctly, however the Name: field does default to display 'User Name' even if I've changed it previously and exported the profile. I'm not aware of the ability to set this directly on the Edge 800, could this be the cause of the message? Cheers, Graeme

You're welcome. I've been tracking this [Object error] for a while with my tester but never found the cause up to now. In his case, it only occured every so often so it was hard to diagnose. However, it isn't the cause of the user name not being imported. I double checked my code and it should export and import correctly. I'm not discarding that the device might not handle the user name (as you say there is no way of editing it on the device) but if you could post the settings.fit file that is on your device in the Garmin/Settings directory I could validate. Also, try re-exporting the profile and before starting the device, head to the Garmin/NewFiles folder and copy the settings.fit file. Send this one over too so I can make sure the user name is exported correctly.

I'll have a third (or fourth) look at what could cause the [Object error] message.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 pm

HotDog wrote:the Name: field does default to display 'User Name' even if I've changed it previously and exported the profile

Just to make sure, you booted the device before re-importing, right? The Edge 500 & 800 need to be booted for the profile to become effective. If you reimport without booting, the import will retrieve the old profile.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Fixed in 1.1.394

Thanks in advance
aghamemnun
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Hotdog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 am

PissedOffCil wrote:
HotDog wrote:the Name: field does default to display 'User Name' even if I've changed it previously and exported the profile

Just to make sure, you booted the device before re-importing, right? The Edge 500 & 800 need to be booted for the profile to become effective. If you reimport without booting, the import will retrieve the old profile.

Your right, I didn't reboot, What a fool.... The Name does import correctly after that. However I still get the [Object Error] message.
Hotdog

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 am

Hotdog wrote:
PissedOffCil wrote:

Your right, I didn't reboot, What a fool.... The Name does import correctly after that. However I still get the [Object Error] message.

Every time?
Care to help me track the problem? I give donation keys to people who help...

Basically the process will go like this : I send you a unofficial version with some specific messages that will help me isolate the problem. You run it, report and then we repeat until we pinpoint the problem. It's not too time consuming but can take a couple of iterations when it's really hard to find the problem.

Send me a PM if oyu're interested.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 pm

[Object error] sometimes hides as a pop-under :evil:
POC you have email.

Edit: [Object error] occurs when more then 11 workouts are on the device for import (Edge 500).
Last edited by texmurphy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

310xt again

Postby fa158 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi! ST 3.0.3924, Garmin 310xt. Workouts created in Running category were exported to the device as Other.

PS I could translate interface into Russian, if it's still needed
fa158

Re: 310xt again

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 pm

fa158 wrote:Hi! ST 3.0.3924, Garmin 310xt. Workouts created in Running category were exported to the device as Other.

PS I could translate interface into Russian, if it's still needed

You need to setup your plugin accordingly :

http://code.google.com/p/garminworkouts ... categories

Yes russian is still required. Could you send me your e-mail by PM?
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby bobostunk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Hello Cil,

First of all: Excellent app. Thanks. I just downloaded it within the last couple of weeks and it has been tremendously helpful and I no longer need the GTC.

The only issue I have seen is that I cannot import from my 405CX. It could be that I have done something stupid and not set it up properly. I can export just fine. But importing, whether it be from the profile or from the workouts gives me an error message (attached). Let me know if you know the solution.

Thanks
-B
Attachments
STerror.jpg
STerror.jpg (10.34 KiB) Viewed 18892 times
bobostunk

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 am

bobostunk wrote:Hello Cil,

First of all: Excellent app. Thanks. I just downloaded it within the last couple of weeks and it has been tremendously helpful and I no longer need the GTC.

The only issue I have seen is that I cannot import from my 405CX. It could be that I have done something stupid and not set it up properly. I can export just fine. But importing, whether it be from the profile or from the workouts gives me an error message (attached). Let me know if you know the solution.

Thanks
-B

Hello,

When using the "Import from device" action, it uses the Communicator plugin and the Comunicator plguin doesn't support import from the 405CX. I think you can import manually using the files by heading to the ANT sync folder (See here for location) in the Workouts directory and selecting the proper workout.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby schachar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi,

Since the new plugin version released ~ a week ago, I can't import / export from my Forerunner 305

The communicator test page works, and also garmin traning center

When I try to import / export with garmin fitness SportTracks just gets stuck
schachar

Postby PissedOffCil » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:33 am

Can you post the Log.txt that you will find in the plugin's install directory?

P.S. Sorry for the slow reply.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Neets » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi there. Love the plugin. So much nicer to use than the website.
What I wanted to pass on is the mismatch of date from the calendar in ST to the scheduled date in the Garmin 310XT.
It's always a day out. If I add a workout to the calendar it shows as a scheduled workout one day after.
I want a workout (event) on the 30th of October. Knowing that the date is one day out I've exported the workout which I've put in the calendar as the 29th.
If I entered the workout in the calendar as the 30th, it would show on the watch as the 31st.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just because New Zealand is ahead of the rest of the world and somehow the date in the calendar is known to be US date or something else peculiar.
Cheers!
Neets

Postby PissedOffCil » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:15 am

Neets wrote:Hi there. Love the plugin. So much nicer to use than the website.
What I wanted to pass on is the mismatch of date from the calendar in ST to the scheduled date in the Garmin 310XT.
It's always a day out. If I add a workout to the calendar it shows as a scheduled workout one day after.
I want a workout (event) on the 30th of October. Knowing that the date is one day out I've exported the workout which I've put in the calendar as the 29th.
If I entered the workout in the calendar as the 30th, it would show on the watch as the 31st.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just because New Zealand is ahead of the rest of the world and somehow the date in the calendar is known to be US date or something else peculiar.
Cheers!

I thought the date problem had been fixed a long time ago, I don't think I have this on my device but rarely use scheduling so I'll have a look.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Cheers!

You can find a version with the fix here:
http://garminworkouts.googlecode.com/fi ... .st3plugin

I also updated the version of the Communicator SDK I'm using so you'll need to install Communicator version 3.0.0.0 or later which is still in beta version but can be found here :
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=20773

Send me a PM for your donation key
Thanks
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Neets » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:51 am

PissedOffCil wrote:
Cheers!

You can find a version with the fix here:
http://garminworkouts.googlecode.com/fi ... .st3plugin

I also updated the version of the Communicator SDK I'm using so you'll need to install Communicator version 3.0.0.0 or later which is still in beta version but can be found here :
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=20773

Send me a PM for your donation key
Thanks

Hi there

I wanted to report in. The two links worked perfectly. The test page for the Communicator confirmed the update had taken place. The plugin installed without hitch and I shut down Sport Tracks as requested.

Next I set about creating a new workout for the date I wanted to complete this. I can confirm that the activity sent to the Forerunner 310XT is exactly the date I set in Sport Tracks.

Wonderful!

Thanks for your help.
Anita
Neets

Postby EarthSongWoman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi
I have the same problem
Since the new plugin version released ~ a week ago, I can't import / export from my Forerunner 305

with my 305. I can't find the log.txt file either.

sporttracks just seems to be eternally waiting when I try and export a few months training program to my 305 exporting 6 workouts selected is ok - but 7 is too many and I get a waiting bar come up and then no response - even if I wait hours. Cancelling out of it at this point has no effect.

Can't seem to get more workouts onto the Garmin now - I have deleted history and have 10 workouts successfully imported but want to put another 12 on...
EarthSongWoman

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 am

Hello,
I wonder if you are hitting a device limitation. A few months worth of trainings might be more than the device can hold. There are many hard set limits on the devices, especially the older models (205/305). Did you try the same operation in GTC? If not, try to export all the workouts to files and then import them back into GTC before sending them to your watch. Let me know the result, especially if the scheduleddates are all transferred to your device.

Thanks

EarthSongWoman wrote:Hi
I have the same problem

with my 305. I can't find the log.txt file either.

sporttracks just seems to be eternally waiting when I try and export a few months training program to my 305 exporting 6 workouts selected is ok - but 7 is too many and I get a waiting bar come up and then no response - even if I wait hours. Cancelling out of it at this point has no effect.

Can't seem to get more workouts onto the Garmin now - I have deleted history and have 10 workouts successfully imported but want to put another 12 on...
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Garmin Fitness