Garmin Fitness

by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 19,671 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Garmin Fitness 1.1

Postby fredrikw » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Just updated to the latest version, and I'm having some trouble with exporting workouts.

If I try export to device (Edge705 or Forerunner405) I get an error message saying Object error, and SportTracks locks up.

If I try to export to file it works if I do this one by one, if I try exporting all or a selection of two or more, I get another error message saying that there was an error when exporting, and the resulting file is empty (0 kb).

I have updated both units to the latest versions.

Any ideas what's going on?
fredrikw
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:19 pm

I'll have a look.

Edit : While I can't have a look, I'll ask something. Did you try emptying your device?
This is often a problem with export/import and the Communicator Plugin. The fact that exporting multiple files doesn't work is weird as I do that almost every day...
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 pm

I just gave it a try. It seems you're right!

I'll check it out ASAP. You can send me your e-mail by PM for your free donation key.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Fix submitted in 1.1.341

40 minutes response time. That's not too bad!
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Fix works correctly with my Edge 500. 8)
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fredrikw » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Wow, that was indeed fast response time :)

I've already donated for this excellent plugin, but thanks anaway.
fredrikw
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:45 pm

You're welcome.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ildibad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:39 am

@POC,

a nice to have feature whish:

Could it be possible to have GF opening in collapsed mode instead of expanded mode ?

or even better to have GF reminding whitch folders (categories) were open and which were collapsed?

when one start to play with GF, one accumulate quickly a lot of training sessions:
I have created a category "workouts" with subcategories (10k; Half ; and now "routines") and I would like to have GF opening on the current training plan and having this one only developped.

Thanks
Running with :
acics kayano 18 - Sports tracker pro (android) - polar wearlink bluetooth
my dog : Ithaq (border collee) (Shimly - a happy mixing - retired in 2012)
ildibad
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 am

ildibad wrote:or even better to have GF reminding whitch folders (categories) were open and which were collapsed?

That shouldn't be too hard.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Xiaoan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:53 am

Hi, I just got myself a 405 and I am trying to setup everything in the plugin. I noticed one thing that confuses me a little:

In Garmin Training Center I can specify the HR in the profile either as BPM or & of HR Reserve

In the plugin I have the options of BPM or % of HR Max.

Is this really the case, or is this a mistake in the plugin?

I also noticed that I can create overlapping zones (e.g 1: 135-146 / 2: 142-155), does that actually work?

Thanks,

Andre
Xiaoan

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:43 am

Xiaoan wrote:Hi, I just got myself a 405 and I am trying to setup everything in the plugin. I noticed one thing that confuses me a little:

In Garmin Training Center I can specify the HR in the profile either as BPM or & of HR Reserve

I also noticed that I can create overlapping zones (e.g 1: 135-146 / 2: 142-155), does that actually work?

Thanks,

Andre

I just had a look at GTC and noticed that it display % max if you setup no resting HR and HR Reserve when you setup one. Interesting detail that escaped me! The devices handle % max though and display it as such if I'm not mistaken, am I right? One way or another I should use the ST setting for this. I'll fix it when I get to FIT profile support (I'm in contact with Garmin and waiting for some non-published info, hopefully it won't take long).

The overlapping zones work on certain devices I think. It's possible to have overlapping zones in GTC so I used the same model but it's not necessarily supported by all watches. For instance, I know it's not supported by newer Edge devices (500 & 800) because the FIT file format doesn't allow overlapping zones. I can't remember what's the behavior on my 705 and I'm unsure for other devices.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 am

I submitted version 1.1.343 with these changes :

- Added option to hide ST categories from workout list
- Save expanded/collapsed state of categories
- Fixed export problem with multiple nested workout links

I won't be putting any more work in the Garmin Fitness for a while (apart from bug fixes and FIT profile support) because I need to work on Filtered Statistics (some interesting new ideas for this plugin are coming up) and I have some needs for new plugins as well. So feature requests will be postponed, probably for a fairly long time.

Have a nice day.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 am

PissedOffCil wrote:I submitted version 1.1.343 with these changes :

Updating within STs and closing / restarting, generates following error report in system log:

10.11.2010 15:07 [PluginManager] ERROR Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "SportTracksPluginFramework1.0.2.resources.dll" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
bei ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.Installer.PluginInstallPackage.RemovePluginFolder(Guid id)
bei ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.LoadPlugins(IApplication application)

10.11.2010 15:07 [PluginInstallPackage] ERROR Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed\ba218e6e-01a1-4a63-9fda-1fa937e56fe9" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
bei ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.Installer.PluginInstallPackage.InstallUpdates()
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 am

This is probably the ST update plugin bug I logged earlier this week. I can't do much about it.

Are you sure you had no ST running in the background?

HENNES wrote:Updating within STs and closing / restarting, generates following error report in system log:

10.11.2010 15:07 [PluginManager] ERROR Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "SportTracksPluginFramework1.0.2.resources.dll" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
bei ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.Installer.PluginInstallPackage.RemovePluginFolder(Guid id)
bei ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.LoadPlugins(IApplication application)

10.11.2010 15:07 [PluginInstallPackage] ERROR Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed\ba218e6e-01a1-4a63-9fda-1fa937e56fe9" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
bei ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.Installer.PluginInstallPackage.InstallUpdates()
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:04 am

PissedOffCil wrote:Are you sure you had no ST running in the background?

It was OPEN, as I said

""Updating within STs and closing / restarting, generates following error report in system log:""

EDIT: just NEW downloaded from the webpage and had ST closed during that - installing - opening ST - reactivating the plugin - closing - restarting - looks fine on SETTINGS now... will test....
rgds hennes

HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 pm

HENNES wrote:It was OPEN, as I said

I meant when restarting. Sometimes it takes a little while for ST to close completely even though the window isn't visible anymore. If it's still open in the background it still uses the DLL and cannot copy the new one.

One way or another it's an ST problem and none of my code was running.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Xiaoan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:08 am

Hi,

I noticed a bug (?) in the profile page. Somehow the "Gear Weight" behaves pretty strange. If I enter for example 5,0 and then go into some other field, it changes to 2,3. No matter what I enter it always changes the value to approx. half of it.

And one other thing, I know you said you won't put any enhancements into this plugin in the near future, but I think the possibility to create complete training plans would be great, with in- and export to share plans with others. This plugin would be the ideal place to implement something like this.

Greetings,

Andre
Xiaoan

Postby HENNES » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:06 am

Xiaoan wrote:Hi,

I noticed a bug (?) in the profile page. Somehow the "Gear Weight" behaves pretty strange. If I enter for example 5,0 and then go into some other field, it changes to 2,3. No matter what I enter it always changes the value to approx. half of it.

5,0 ?

Try 5.0

And one other thing, I know you said you won't put any enhancements into this plugin in the near future, but I think the possibility to create complete training plans would be great, with in- and export to share plans with others. This plugin would be the ideal place to implement something like this.

I know vonni, the author of "find the best" is working on "Trainings planer" and I pointed her into the direction of this brillant plugin here and suggested to contact POC just few days ago .... wait, hope, pray and see :)

gruss hennes
rgds hennes

HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Xiaoan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 am

HENNES wrote:

5,0 ?

Try 5.0

I know vonni, the author of "find the best" is working on "Trainings planer" and I pointed her into the direction of this brillant plugin here and suggested to contact POC just few days ago .... wait, hope, pray and see :)

gruss hennes

When I try "." as a decimal delimiter I get an error message telling me to use ",". I guess this is a system wide setting, being in Germany, we use ",". I didn't find anything in the settings to change that.
So it is still cutting weight in half:

5 -> 2,3
2 -> 0,9

very strange.
Xiaoan

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:35 am

Greetings,

Andre

This looks like a bad lbs to kg conversion...

I'll have a look.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Garmin Fitness 1.1

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 pm

I checked and there is indeed a problem with gear weight. I'll fix it when I get back home.

P.S. It's indeed a pounds -> kg conversion problem.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Re:

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Xiaoan wrote:Hi, I just got myself a 405 and I am trying to setup everything in the plugin. I noticed one thing that confuses me a little:

Thanks,

Andre

I just checked this out in more detail and it is exported to device in % max. Moreover, the device only displays in % max. It's weird that GTC allows to edit in % reserve and in my opinion it is confusing to the end user. I'll stick with % max in my plugin unless there are many people who want % reserve.

Overlapping zones also work.

These tests we're conducted on a Edge 705 BTW.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Re:

Postby Xiaoan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:26 am

PissedOffCil wrote:

Thanks,

Andre

I just checked this out in more detail and it is exported to device in % max. Moreover, the device only displays in % max. It's weird that GTC allows to edit in % reserve and in my opinion it is confusing to the end user. I'll stick with % max in my plugin unless there are many people who want % reserve.

Overlapping zones also work.

These tests we're conducted on a Edge 705 BTW.

Hi,

on my Forerunner 405 I can display HR, %HRmax and %HRR. I always use %HRR since this is how I calculate my HR Zones.

Greetings,

Andre
Xiaoan

Postby Xiaoan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:22 am

I am getting bothersome I guess :roll:

I noticed that scheduled days are not exported to the device (FR 405). This was also mentioned on your plugin page as a problem with the garmin communicator plugin, any update on this? (Not really the most important feature, but would be nice if it works)

Greetings,

Andre
Xiaoan

Postby HENNES » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 am

Xiaoan wrote:I am getting bothersome I guess :roll:

I noticed that scheduled days are not exported to the device (FR 405). This was also mentioned on your plugin page as a problem with the garmin communicator plugin, any update on this? (Not really the most important feature, but would be nice if it works)

Greetings,

Andre

POC made a posting few days ago that GARMIN has updated this (buggy) communicator plugin - maybe you can try that and it helps.

have a look:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9397

gruss hennes
rgds hennes

HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Garmin Fitness