by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 19,671 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Garmin Fitness Not Exporting to 510

Garmin Fitness Not Exporting to 510

Postby MRM1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Just got a 510. Did not have this trouble with my 305.

Creating workouts in the cycling section of my categories, I connect the 510 (my pc sees it like a flash drive). I create a work out and have tried either Export Selected > to Device (and it finishes and says it is on the device) and Export Selected > to File and I tell GF where to save the file on the 510.

In either case I have verified that the FIT file is on the 510. But when I power up the 510 it is not available in the menu of workouts AND when I reconnect the 510 it is no longer in the folder where i saved it. The FIT file I create gets deleted on power up of the 510.

What am I doing wrong? :|
MRM1
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Garmin Fitness Not Exporting to 510

Postby MRM1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Odd ... what seemed to be the problem was that an extension was missing when I exported a .fit file from within Garmin Fitness Plugin.

I looked at the files that I had created using the Garmin Connect web site. Each had properly exported, installed in the workout folder on the Garmin 510 and were working. When I did this with the GF plugin, they would export to the workout folder or the newfiles folder, but would be deleted when I powered up the Garmin 510.

I Noticed:
Garmin Connect Files looked like this: exampleworkout_workout.fit
Garmin Fitness plug in files looked like this before deleted: exampleworkout.fit

Missing the "_workout" ... the GF plugin files just got deleted when I powered on the 510. I tried exporting the selected file in the GF Plugin to the workout folder on the 510 and then manually adding the "_workout" extension ... and the 510 did not delete them ... and they worked. OK, well at least I have a work around I thought.

BUT WHAT IS REALLY WEIRD ... it is all working today?!? :roll: :?: I have no idea why. Now when I export selected to device it goes to the Newfiles folder on the 510 (nothing new here) or when I export selected to file and save it on the 510 to the workouts fold ... either way, there is NO "_workout" extension added ... but when I power up the 510 ... They are there :shock: I do not have to add the "_workout" extension manually.

AND ... when I re-connect the 510 to the pc ... the new workouts have both been moved (if they were in the Newfiles folder) and are now both in the workouts folder (moved from Newfiles folder) AND BOTH HAVE HAD THE "_workout" extension added.

Just plain weird. I did not change anything. I hope it keeps working :D
MRM1
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Garmin Fitness