Garmin Fitness

by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 20,027 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Synch scheduled workouts with Garmin?

Re: Synch scheduled workouts with Garmin?

Postby karlhuts » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:06 pm

hi,

there seem to be various treads re this issue, and this one seems to be as good as any to discuss.

I'm using the 910xt and trying to export scheduled workout from garmin fitness to the unit. GF says "workouts have been successfully exported" in popup. But ANT agent seems to be unable to complete the transfer: it actually connects and loads, but blocks in the end and says "last transfer with forerunner...failed".

Tried all different solutions proposed on the forum (un/reinstall communicator plugin, change name of workout, emptying ant new file and workout folders, export directly to unit, export to file (both in FIT and tcx format),...),...but nothing works.

any suggestions?
tx
karlhuts

Postby staffann » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 am

It seems to work with my 310XT. I took an existing intervall workout I had made in Garmin Fitness, sheduled it, exported it to the device and the ANT agend transfered it. It now shows up in the device under Training/Scheduled.

This was with GF 1.1.504. I use the older ANT agent version 2.3.2. I have refused to upgrade since I don't have any problems with this version.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 6co2000 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Hello Everyone,
It seems like we are somehow all getting the same sort of problem. I am not personally super clever with computers so I dont really know nor understand what is going on.
But here is what I have:

On my forerunner Garmin 610,
1. I cannot export workouts when they are scheduled
2. If there is no schedule, the workouts exports directly to the watch without a problem
3. if there is a schedule, I have to let it sync with ANGT agent once. then it fails. Once it has failed, I delete the schedule file. And I let it sync once again. Now it works. And I end up wiht both the schedule and the workout all synced in my watch.

VERY WEIRD!!
Anyway, I dont know if there is a workaround this, but I find although annoying, that it is still better than going trhough the GTC.

thanks for this great plugin!
6co
6co2000

Previous

Return to Garmin Fitness