Downloads: 20,041 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Synch scheduled workouts with Garmin?

Synch scheduled workouts with Garmin?

Postby Mads_o » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin - very easy to plan your workouts un detail using the plugin.

I only have one question; Is it possible to synch only the scheduled workouts with the Garmin? As far as I can figure out you can either export the selected workouts, or all the workouts which are available (which hangs the program by the way), but not just the ones which are scheduled. Is there a way to do this, or a workaround?

I ask because I ude a different workout each day, and manually figuring out which workouts are coming up in the calendar is a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks again,

MO
“It’s Not the Will to Win, But the Will to Prepare to Win That Makes the Difference”
Paul "Bear" Bryant
Mads_o

Re: Synch scheduled workouts with Garmin?

Postby iacchos » Sun May 06, 2012 4:42 pm

This feature is available I'm this plugin please refer to user guide. I used to schedule my workouts for 405Cx and works fine (just double tap the bezel). 8)

But I just switch to 910XT model and seems to have no way for this watch to access to the work of the day :cry: somebody to confirm ? I red fit file do not accept scheduled workouts, but I do not understand how to used tcx file who supports this ????
BR
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:00 pm

First of all, sorry for the VERY late reply, I seem to have stopped receiving new post notifications event though everything seems properly configured... I'll try to get this figured out.

Most people do not export their workouts daily, trying to figure out which workouts to export automatically would probably lead to more errors than anything else.

iacchos, yes scheduling for FIT devices is not supported as GHarmin have not released the file format. I tried to reverse engineer it but never could get it to work, I probably missed something so it's still in my TODO list.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:58 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:iacchos, yes scheduling for FIT devices is not supported as Garmin have not released the file format. I tried to reverse engineer it but never could get it to work, I probably missed something so it's still in my TODO list.

Hi PissedOffCil,

I finally switch to FR610, but same pb (with FIT file) : not able to export Scheduled Workouts to the 610 via Garmin Fitness Plugin. Whereas I am able to do it through Garmin Training Center (I assume it is also possible via Garmin Connect..) !! In this case, in Workouts menu (on the 610 watch), a new entry "Scheduled" appears. Moreover, when you turn on the watch with a workout scheduled for current day, you have an question to start directly this workout ! Very nice 8)
I have checked, FIT format support scheduled workouts... and the 610 clearly mentions this feature !!

So, why do you speak about "scheduling for FIT devices is not supported" ?? Please refer to chapter 14 "Schedule File" of doc "FIT File Types Description" Rev1.4 from thisant.com. I understand this feature is clearly supported and documented. Am I wrong ??

BR
iacchos

Postby iacchos » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi,

For more detail, you can download here, a schedule type FIT file generated via GTC with workouts export (i found this file on C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\ID\Schedules on my Win XP PC...)

BR
iacchos

Postby iacchos » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:07 pm

up... :?:
iacchos

Postby skygod » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 am

If you are interested to transfer FIT-files (910 XT at least) FROM the Garmin unit TO GF there is a problem:

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=12556

Hopefully this can be solved!
skygod
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 am

Hello,
FIT scheduled workouts is not avilable yet. Garmin didn't publish the file format and I failed to reverse engineer it back then. I should give it another try but never got the time to get to it (as any other development to be honest). I hope to address this in the upcoming weeks.

P.S. Sorry fro the late reply.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:Hello,
FIT scheduled workouts is not avilable yet. Garmin didn't publish the file format

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Neverthelss, I understood that FIT files format is public and available on thisisant.com site. On page 61 from this doc (here : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17540380/FIT%2 ... %201.4.pdf ), the schedule file format is described... I am wrong ? Garmin does not respect this specification ?? Is there a workaround via .TCX file (which worked perfectly on my 405Cx :roll: )

Thanks a lot for your effort

BR
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Wow it seems I missed this specification and in all honesty I haven't been looking for a while. Well I can assure you I'll add it to hte plguin ASAP!!!

Thansk a lot mate!
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:29 pm

You can try to export as TCX to the NewFiles folder. I think this worked with the Edge 500/800.

PM me if you don't already have a donation key.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:You can try to export as TCX to the NewFiles folder. I think this worked with the Edge 500/800.

Unfortunately, only FIT files are upload to the FR610 : even I copy the .tcx file in the NewFiles folder of the device, nothing happens (and the .tcx files is igonred if I copy a FIT file) :cry:
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 am

Here is a version that might support FIT scheduling. I cannot test this as I have no FIT device but anybody's help will be rewarded with a donation key. Thanks

http://garminworkouts.googlecode.com/fi ... .st3plugin
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Version 1.1.490 should work as GTC. I'm having problems with a test FR610 on GTC & Garmin Fitness. For some reason the ANT Agent thinks it fails to sync the schedules files when it works but prevents the sync to complete.

One user however got it working so I'm trying to figure out the problem or difference.

You can get version 1.1.490 here : http://garminworkouts.googlecode.com/fi ... .st3plugin
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:31 am

PissedOffCil wrote:I'm having problems with a test FR610 on GTC & Garmin Fitness. For some reason the ANT Agent thinks it fails to sync the schedules files when it works but prevents the sync to complete.

Hi PissedOffCil,

Thanks a lot for your effort to provide this new feature :D

Anayway, I am not quite sure that fail to sync is connected to your last version plug-in... What is your 610 firmware version ?
In my case, I had to downgrade from 2.80 to 2.70 version (a really not easy operation) :?
Please see https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.ph ... -data-quot

BR
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:05 am

I tried with 2.7 & 2.8 and I get the same result. Transfer succeeds but the ANT Agent thinks it failed so it stops the transfers at the scheduling file. Deleting this file from the ANT sync directory after the failure leads to a successful sync with all data transfered...

I'll try to find the problem but it's probably out of my control unfortunately.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:04 am

I made version 1.1.490 official. Please report any problem with FIT scheduling if you have any. Success reports are also welcome of course!
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:26 am

PissedOffCil wrote:Version 1.1.490 should work as GTC. I'm having problems with a test FR610 on GTC & Garmin Fitness. For some reason the ANT Agent thinks it fails to sync the schedules files when it works but prevents the sync to complete.

Hi,
Actually I have the same "feature" even with 2.7 firmware on FR610 :? Not a big issue, but a little bit annoying...
Last edited by iacchos on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:19 pm

I thought you had mentionned by e-mail that you got it to work?
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 am

Yes, you're right and I didn't noticed this behaviour during my first test. I am not able to say if it occurs each time you sync the scheduled workouts or only "some times"...
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 am

iacchos wrote:Yes, you're right and I didn't noticed this behaviour during my first test. I am not able to say if it occurs each time you sync the scheduled workouts or only "some times"...

Ok, and you get the same behavior using GTC?
Personnaly, with my test FR610, using any software I was never aable to get the ANT Agent to sync succesfully although the data was transferred to the watch properly. I don't know what devices are affected by this problem. A user with a Edge 500/800 that could "export to file" uni the "NewFiles" directory would help.

I think this might be an ANT Agent & FR610 specific problem but I don't have any device to test. Even the FR610 I had was borrowed from the sports shop...
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dmhenze » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:I made version 1.1.490 official. Please report any problem with FIT scheduling if you have any. Success reports are also welcome of course!

Hi,

I have a FR610 and just updated my plugin to 1.1.490. It exports workouts to my FR610 just fine unless I try to schedule them. It hangs up on the schedule file and I have to delete it to get a sync to work. I have stopped using GTC all together because it is such a horrible piece of software, so I do not have anything to compare your plugin to, although when I did use GTC it screwed up my scheduled workouts >50% of the time.

I'm not sure if I can help out any, but I'm willing to try so we can all have a fully functional plugin.

Thanks in advance for all your hard work on this plugin!

David
dmhenze

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm trying to see with ANT and Garmin why I get this behavior in GTC and my plugin. I think it's a problem with the ANT Agent and the FR610, I've never heard of this problem with other devices but maybe it also exists with other ANT FIT devices like the 910XT of the Edge 500/800?

If anybody can try I'd liek to hear some feedback...
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iacchos » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:03 am

Hi

I tried with different configurations of my scheduled workouts with ST plugin and with GTC. This issue occurred quite all the time :( But it is unclear for me if this occurred also with GTC. I have been able to reproduce this "infinite loop" with GTC, but can't be completely sure that this was or not a consequence of precedent test with ST plugin...
Nevertheless, I confirm that there is an issue (annoying but not "fatal") !!

BR
iacchos

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 am

I had the problem with GTC even after completely resetting the device, I doubt it occurs following an operation.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Next

Return to Garmin Fitness