Downloads: 19,671 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Import of FR 610 TCX from Garmin Connect fails

Import of FR 610 TCX from Garmin Connect fails

Postby locco » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi again,
I tried now to import some of my older acitivities from Garmin Connect using the TCX file format. But unforturnately this does not work. Everytime I select the file via Import -> from file I receive an error "Error while importing the training" (Original message in german reads "Fehler beim Import des Trainings"). I tried several files of which none worked. Since the GPX format is not supported I do not know how to transfer my older data into the plug in. Sample file is attached.

Any help appreciated.

BR locco
Attachments
activity_117861874.tcx
sample file
(58.21 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
locco

Re: Import of FR 610 TCX from Garmin Connect fails

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:20 pm

The plugin manages Workotus, not Activites. You need to import directly in Sporttracks.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby adam.spiers » Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 am

PissedOffCil wrote:The plugin manages Workotus, not Activites. You need to import directly in Sporttracks.

To verify I understood correctly - a workout is a plan for a future activity, whereas a TCX file is a recorded log file of an activity which has already been done, right?
adam.spiers

Postby PissedOffCil » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:57 pm

First of all, sorry for the VERY late reply, I seem to have stopped receiving new post notifications event though everything seems properly configured... I'll try to get this figured out.

A workout is a structure for a training that you will follow execute the device. An activity is a ride or run that you recorded. Yes, you have it right.

adam.spiers wrote:
PissedOffCil wrote:The plugin manages Workotus, not Activites. You need to import directly in Sporttracks.

To verify I understood correctly - a workout is a plan for a future activity, whereas a TCX file is a recorded log file of an activity which has already been done, right?
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Garmin Fitness