by PissedOffCil

Downloads: 19,671 (29) • Reviews: 20

Version:

Updated:

Jan 11, 2013

Associate a TSS to a workout

Associate a TSS to a workout

Postby rikicarra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 pm

This post could be "cross-plugin", as the benefit would impact for example the Fit Plan plugin.
Ideally it would be great to calculate automatically a TSS from the steps of the workout, but I realize there are difficulties hard to overcome. So I have arranged a spreadsheet to calculate TSS (and duration and IF) for each workout I have (by the way, few dozens...). Now, if it would be possible to write that information inside the workout in a codified way, another plugin could use those information. Let's say in the main Note filed of the plugin you could write TSS=220, DUR=3:50:00, IF=0.76, another plugin (Fit Plan) could read those information and insert directly the values in the plan. Another way would be to have custom fields attached to the workout.
rikicarra

Re: Associate a TSS to a workout

Postby racerfern » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Some of this already exists but it's not as slick as what I think the developers have planned with the upcoming integration.

Create your workout and in the notes for the workout (not the notes for the individual parts) put TSS=xxx. Go ahead and plan a series of workouts over the next few weeks for example. Now go to Training Plan and you'll see your future workouts showing with correct ATL/CTL/TSB.

This feature will probably leave TrainingPlan and go to FitPlan along with the amount of time planned and the distance planned. In reality to plan ATL/CTL/TSB you only need TSS.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Garmin Fitness