Calculated Fields

by camel

Downloads: 23,682 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

1.2.9.4

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Calculated Fields plugin: Formulas pool

Postby camel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Kuki wrote:Hi Peter

Wov; thanks for the quick new release :) with the new Funtion. I have a Question. I Tetsted it, and cant reproduce the Ratio. Look please at:

Image

Yeasterday i jogged 15,55 KMs. To test the funktion i copied the activity by ST, and dividet it by ST in two 7,77 KM halfs. So i could see the time for the first Half 45:18 and the second 46:38. I Defined a splitvariable with 100 * the HalfsepeedhalfactiveRatio function, and i got 3,12 % as a postive split. I think it is to much, i thought i have to get (1:31:58/2 - 46:38 ) / 1:31:58 = 0,00716 which is only 0,7% ? Perhaps my Definition is wrong, and you find a better one, for the Split. Can you please write, how you calculate the 3,12 % Split for this example.

Nice Greetings; Kuki


I have posted definition of calculation. Just get a look at post few higher :)
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby camel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 pm

mazoaguirre wrote:i am trainig last week, so i miss a lot, this plugin requieres that camel sit to write help or manual,

camel thanks for such a helpfull plugin, i am a statics maniac, or at least i thought

:lol:


Here you have a bunch of tutorials with all features. If you await something more you will be waiting forever ;)

http://code.google.com/p/calculatedfields/w/list

Why users just don't read what I write ;)
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby mazoaguirre » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 pm

sorry camel

i read all (before my other post) but i read about new features, maybe because i am non english as first language or i am a little dumb

is not complain, just think some of us (well i am alone) is hard to imagine how to figure out
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: San Felipe "Torres Mochas" Guanajuato Mexico

Postby camel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm

mazoaguirre wrote:sorry camel

i read all (before my other post) but i read about new features, maybe because i am non english as first language or i am a little dumb

is not complain, just think some of us (well i am alone) is hard to imagine how to figure out


These things are not new features. They are just out of the box prepared formulas. That you need just to pick them from Formulas drop down menu when your right click on expression textbox.

So yes description of that formulas could be added somewhere.
But you don't need to know anything new to use them. (from syntax or features point of view)

They are just prepared and you can use them as other formulas.
Functionality behind calculation of DECOUPLINGRATIO for example is just inside of plugin, you cannot change it.

And don't take it personally please, if someone don't understand perhaps I can add one new tutorial, that will be describing out of the box formulas.

But it takes some time, I'm a lazy man when it's time to write manuals...

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby Kuki » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Peter,

camel wrote:....
I have posted definition of calculation. Just get a look at post few higher :)
...


Sorry, i mismatched something in my excellist. Your function works fine and i got now the same results. So I defined for me, with your plugin a "Split-Report":


Image

I definded variables with the first and second halftime, and can see the belonged paces and times. And im surprised, I had a race with a negative Split when I run my 10 KM Besttime one month ago. The split was only -0,49% and i was at the second half only 7 seconds quicker, but it was my first negtiv split :) .

(Thanks for your fantastic help. It was time for me to klick to the donationbutton) :wink:


Nice greetings; Kuki
Kuki
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 am

Postby camel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 am

Kuki wrote:Hi Peter,

camel wrote:....
I have posted definition of calculation. Just get a look at post few higher :)
...


Sorry, i mismatched something in my excellist. Your function works fine and i got now the same results. So I defined for me, with your plugin a "Split-Report":


Image

I definded variables with the first and second halftime, and can see the belonged paces and times. And im surprised, I had a race with a negative Split when I run my 10 KM Besttime one month ago. The split was only -0,49% and i was at the second half only 7 seconds quicker, but it was my first negtiv split :) .

(Thanks for your fantastic help. It was time for me to klick to the donationbutton) :wink:


Nice greetings; Kuki


It's nice that plugin has helped some users with things that could not be done before.

I was awaiting negative reactions that it's not usable or too hard. And perhaps for some users it's not usable... But this small group of users that like it, is good enough reason for me, that it was right step to publish it.
Of course primary reason at start was to create features that I was missing... ;)

P.S.:
I know that some things are hard. But that's a price for that you can do nearly anything.

But with time as users will post new formulas, I will add them inside of plugin. So it will be easier for future users to use them.

Or I'll add formulas like Decoupling ratio inside of plugin, because they are probably too hard to create in standard way.

And of course thanks for donations, they are supporting my motivation to get further with plugin. We are not at the end. ;)

Thanks
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby camel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:52 am

Hi
I would like to add something like Polar Running Index to this plugin.

Do someone have information how it's calculated?

Thanks
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby Scorpion79 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:04 am

Kuki wrote:Hi Peter,

camel wrote:....
I have posted definition of calculation. Just get a look at post few higher :)
...


Sorry, i mismatched something in my excellist. Your function works fine and i got now the same results. So I defined for me, with your plugin a "Split-Report":


Image

I definded variables with the first and second halftime, and can see the belonged paces and times. And im surprised, I had a race with a negative Split when I run my 10 KM Besttime one month ago. The split was only -0,49% and i was at the second half only 7 seconds quicker, but it was my first negtiv split :) .

(Thanks for your fantastic help. It was time for me to klick to the donationbutton) :wink:


Nice greetings; Kuki


Kuki,

ca you post you formulas?
i am intrested in this as well but having a hard time fiddling it out
Scorpion79
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

Postby Ruskie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 am

camel wrote:Hi
I would like to add something like Polar Running Index to this plugin.

Do someone have information how it's calculated?

Thanks
Peter


Hi Peter, I'd love to see it in there!!!
I don't know if the exact formula has been published anywhere, but the usual book "The Runner Edge" explains how to calculate it: chapter 3, page 48.

Regards
M.
Ruskie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:24 am

Postby Kuki » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 am

Hi Scorpio

Scorpion79 wrote:ca you post you formulas?
i am intrested in this as well but having a hard time fiddling it out


Thanks for your qustion ant that you are intersted on my formuals :) At first my variables. You need not all, the first 4 are the important variables, and there are some other, for rolling summes and so on. .I didnt't work with Helpvariables. If you are interested only for some special colums, you can use use only the belonged Variable. Here are my formulas. works as designed; quick & dirty :wink:

Image


Here are the Condiction. Some activities did't have GPS Data or are missing the Foodpad-Data. To avoid divizion by zero and wrong values, i didn't calculate them. All my Catogories for running have "Laufen" in it, you have to change it, or delete it.


Image



To make it easer here the formulas for the Cut and Paste, if you want to use them.

The Time for first half. Plese define a timevaraible for it.

Halftime_1:
({TIME}/2) - (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)


The whole thing, dividet by the half of the track is the pace:

Speed of the first half
(({TIME}/2) - (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2))/{DISTANCE}*1000*2

the same for second half

Time for the second half:
({TIME}/2) + (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)

pace of the second half
(({TIME}/2) + (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2))/{DISTANCE}*1000*2

to get the split in %
{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE} * 100


I find it is nice to see the difference in seconds between the first half and the second half:

Timediffrenez between the first and second half.
(({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE})
with the conditiom
{Category}.Contains("Laufen") && ({HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}>0) &&{HASGPSTRACK}

and because ST have Problems to show negative times i defined a second one with the condition for negative splits. I mulitiplicate it with -1 to get a positive values, to make it displayable for ST

(({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}) * (-1)
with the condition:
{Category}.Contains("Laufen") && ({HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}<0) &&{HASGPSTRACK}

The fornmuals are not the best, and you can make it, quicker to get the values. So it is not optimal to mulitilpe somethink with 1000 and multiple by two. I can muliple it with 2000. But when im looking later into the formuals i can understandd that the 1000 is for the Kilometers and the 2 for the half of the track. It works fine, and i said to me "Never Change a Running System" :-)

@Peter: Im a "SplitVaraible"-fan; it is a wellknown value. With your splitvalue it is possible to calculate all other values. If other poeple perhaps are interested too, it is perhaps a nice Idee to make it for them easer to define a flexible formulla like:


GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Ratio)

for the value as it is now, and for the others values somethink like:

GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Time1)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Speed1)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Time2)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Speed2)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Timedifference))


Greetings (sorry for my bad scoolenglish); Kuki
Last edited by Kuki on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kuki
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 am

Postby HENNES » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:50 am

THANKS, Kuki! :D

To make it easer here the formulas for the Cut and Paste, if you want to use them.


Perfect service, kuki, but....

@Peter, before google makes the first takeover offer of your plugin, how are the chances to develop some import/export mechanism to transfer variables and formulas between users, like exporting fitlog for activities?

Looks like this is really growing and the exchange of those "little camels" will soon overtake iphone apps popularity :lol:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:55 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

Postby mazoaguirre » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 pm

HENNES wrote:
@Peter, before google makes the first takeover offer of your plugin, how are the chances to develop some import/export mechanism to transfer variables and formulas between users, like exporting fitlog for activities?

Looks like this is really growing and the exchange of those "little camels" will soon overtake iphone apps popularity :lol:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)


the problem will be the custom fields?

but i think that this plugin deserves its main view in daily activity and its own custom fields dont you Aaron?

i mean that the plugin get the power to create the custom field, and define the type (or, am i so lazy? 8) ) for it own, because i have several problems jump from one view to other it divres me crazy :lol:
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: San Felipe "Torres Mochas" Guanajuato Mexico

Postby camel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 pm

@Peter: Im a "SplitVaraible"-fant; it is a wellknown value. With your splitvalue it is possible to calculate all other values. If other poeple perhaps are interested too, it is perhaps a nice Idee to make it for them easer to define a flexible formulla like:


GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Ratio)

for the value as it is now, and for the others values somethink like:

GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Time1)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Speed1)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Time2)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Speed2)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Timedifference))


Yes that's seem to be reasonable. I will add something similar in next version.

Thanks

P.S:
In next version will exist {HalfTime} and {HalfDistance} formulas too. TO make some custom calculations simpler.
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby camel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm

HENNES wrote:THANKS, Kuki! :D

To make it easer here the formulas for the Cut and Paste, if you want to use them.


Perfect service, kuki, but....

@Peter, before google makes the first takeover offer of your plugin, how are the chances to develop some import/export mechanism to transfer variables and formulas between users, like exporting fitlog for activities?

Looks like this is really growing and the exchange of those "little camels" will soon overtake iphone apps popularity :lol:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)


I don't see a problem with adding possibility of export and import but do we really need it already?
I think that we have some time before adding this feature.

And of course there are some bigger problems with this:
Plugin wil need to create custom fields?
Or you will just fill expression from file to exact row in settings?
And if plugin will create custom fields, what if some users will give that custom fields crazy names etc. There will be a little chaos...
And of course it's duplaticating of functionality of sporttracks. If admin will add new types of custom fields or parameters I will must change plugin too etc.

So I'm trying to not do it now. I think that for now it's enough copy and paste. There is only a small comunity behind this plugin. So I think that it's not so hard.

But I'm open for this when right time will come, it will be probably needed. Now I think that it's more important to add some exciting features that I or users will invent.
Of course I'm open for discussion, if many users think that we need import/export feature right now. Post it ;)

Note that in my actual build I have created new dropdown menu for Formulas pool formulas. So they will be easily accesible right form plugin.

And Kuki's formulas will be supported with more advanced SPEEDRATIO formula with parameter like I have mentioned in previous post.

See screenshot to get imagination (Now I have added only the most interesting ones):
Image
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby camel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Ruskie wrote:
camel wrote:Hi
I would like to add something like Polar Running Index to this plugin.

Do someone have information how it's calculated?

Thanks
Peter


Hi Peter, I'd love to see it in there!!!
I don't know if the exact formula has been published anywhere, but the usual book "The Runner Edge" explains how to calculate it: chapter 3, page 48.

Regards
M.


Hmz I have read it. But there is only small part of functionality of polar running index described.

He is talking about heart rate drift, filtering of effects of hills etc. So we are probably long way before usable formula.

I can imagine creating formula for flat races, that will be "relative" similar to polar running index. But for hills we need to create normalized graded pace formula. I think that it's slightly described in book too.

And perhaps an relation on temperature? This thing is missing in running index of polar.

I'm not sure if I will have so much time for doing this research...
But if someone have, and will do research for guide to calculation, I'm ready to do any hard implementation.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Split Times

Postby GaryS » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Here's a new formula useful perhaps for distance runners that tend to do out-and-back courses on relatively even terrain. It calculates split times based on distance. I use it to calculate my pace for the first split (1st half of the run), and then for the second split (the return).

First, you need to calculate HalfDistance. Create this field in custom fields, and move it to the top of the list so it will calculate first. The formula is: {DISTANCE} / 2 (Note: camel will soon add this field to the plugin, so this step will be unnecessary)

Then, create Pace - First Half in custom fields. The formula to be used for this field is:

{RangeElapsed(Distance,0,{HalfDistance})} / {HalfDistance} * 1609 (this will give you your pace in min/mile).

For your second half (split) pace, use this formula:

{RangeElapsed(Distance,{HalfDistance},{Distance})} / {HalfDistance} * 1609

Note that this gives you pace for 1/2 the distance, not 1/2 the time as some other formulas calculate.

It doesn't matter how far you run. You'll always get the pace for the first half and the pace for the second half of the course.
GaryS
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Postby Ruskie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm

camel wrote:
Hmz I have read it. But there is only small part of functionality of polar running index described.

He is talking about heart rate drift, filtering of effects of hills etc. So we are probably long way before usable formula.

I can imagine creating formula for flat races, that will be "relative" similar to polar running index. But for hills we need to create normalized graded pace formula. I think that it's slightly described in book too.

And perhaps an relation on temperature? This thing is missing in running index of polar.


Hi Peter, I see... I don't exactly know where to find a precise guide (if it exists) but I will let you know.
I agree about the elevation thing... I am not sure Running Index takes it into account, I think it does in some way... however, since it relies on GPS elevation data can't be too accurate anyway.
As far as temperature is concerned, instead, I think there's not to worry, because actually it does not exist a numerical correlation between temperature and the runner's pace. We know that higher temperatures lead to slower paces, but there are only rules of thumb to express it, not a widely accepted method. Both however indirectly influence the runner's heart ratio so they get their share in computing Running Index.
Will see if a "complete formula" is available for it,

On the other hand, I've seen Kuki's formula. Surely it's me missing something but take a look at this:

Time for the second half:
({TIME}/2) + (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)

I do not understand how this can be considered time for the second half (nor the same with the minus sign time for the first...)
What does {TIME}/2 give? The second nnn placed at half the workout, so that if I run for 650 seconds {TIME}/2 gives 325??
Ruskie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:24 am

Postby Kuki » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Ruskie,

Ruskie wrote:On the other hand, I've seen Kuki's formula. Surely it's me missing something but take a look at this:

Time for the second half:
({TIME}/2) + (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)

I do not understand how this can be considered time for the second half (nor the same with the minus sign time for the first...)
What does {TIME}/2 give? The second nnn placed at half the workout, so that if I run for 650 seconds {TIME}/2 gives 325??


Sorry i made it a liitle bit to complicate, and i think it would be better to use the definition from GaryS ( {RangeElapsed(Distance,0,{HalfDistance})} ) which was posted before your post. I forgot that there is such a usefull function like RangeElapsed(Distance)

My idea for this formula was at first to calculate the midlevalue of the halftimes: (({TIME}/2) This is the aritmetik middlevalue of the two halftimes, and NOT the time, when I'm at the half of the track, Perhaps it would be better to use a helpvariable for this value, because i used it sometimes more.

The definition of the Ratio shows me the relationship between the halftimes or paces when the distance is half ot the activity. I know, that I'm in the arithmetik middle between the two times, when im dividing the activitytime by 2. ({TIME}/2)

The description of the ratio gives me the diferrence between the first and the second time. ({TIME}/2) is in the middle between them. On each side is the half of the difference which is described by the ratiofaktor. So i divide it by two: ((({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)))

Now i have to ad or subtract it, to get the two times. Besause the split coud be negative it is no problem, that the time with the (-) in the formula could be grater than the time with the (+) in the formula.

(To be honest. I tested it by try and error, and changed divide or mulitple by two and so on, so long until i get the values i want) :lol:


Greetings Kuki
Kuki
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 am

Postby camel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 am

Kuki wrote:Hi Ruskie,

Ruskie wrote:On the other hand, I've seen Kuki's formula. Surely it's me missing something but take a look at this:

Time for the second half:
({TIME}/2) + (({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)

I do not understand how this can be considered time for the second half (nor the same with the minus sign time for the first...)
What does {TIME}/2 give? The second nnn placed at half the workout, so that if I run for 650 seconds {TIME}/2 gives 325??


Sorry i made it a liitle bit to complicate, and i think it would be better to use the definition from GaryS ( {RangeElapsed(Distance,0,{HalfDistance})} ) which was posted before your post. I forgot that there is such a usefull function like RangeElapsed(Distance)

My idea for this formula was at first to calculate the midlevalue of the halftimes: (({TIME}/2) This is the aritmetik middlevalue of the two halftimes, and NOT the time, when I'm at the half of the track, Perhaps it would be better to use a helpvariable for this value, because i used it sometimes more.

The definition of the Ratio shows me the relationship between the halftimes or paces when the distance is half ot the activity. I know, that I'm in the arithmetik middle between the two times, when im dividing the activitytime by 2. ({TIME}/2)

The description of the ratio gives me the diferrence between the first and the second time. ({TIME}/2) is in the middle between them. On each side is the half of the difference which is described by the ratiofaktor. So i divide it by two: ((({TIME}/2)*{HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE}/2)))

Now i have to ad or subtract it, to get the two times. Besause the split coud be negative it is no problem, that the time with the (-) in the formula could be grater than the time with the (+) in the formula.

(To be honest. I tested it by try and error, and changed divide or mulitple by two and so on, so long until i get the values i want) :lol:


Greetings Kuki


And I have reconsidered implementing help formulas for speedratio like:
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Time1)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Speed1)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Time2)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Speed2)
GET_HALFSPEEDRATIOACTIVE(Timedifference))

Because when I was getting to implement it, I realized that I will just be reimplementing very similar code as a RANGE formula, so why to do it.

So I think that it's enough to have Range formula with new fields on activity HalfTime, HalfDistance.

And all of this could be just calculated so why to add 30 other formulas for every formula...
But I will add few examples how to calculate time speed of first or second half of distance.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby Kuki » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:28 am

Hi Peter,

camel wrote:Because when I was getting to implement it, I realized that I will just be reimplementing very similar code as a RANGE formula, so why to do it.

So I think that it's enough to have Range formula with new fields on activity HalfTime, HalfDistance.

I think that's a good idea :D . Its is not usefull to define a lot of formulars which calculating nearly the same, and to have the overview about those. Sorry that i didn' t notice the rangeformula and maked it at first a little bit to complicate .:?: :lol:



Greetings Kuki
Kuki
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 am

Postby Scorpion79 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 am

the performance predictor plugin gives me a calculted VDOT and %VO2 max. to be able to chart those i think a custum field is required

any way to grab the info from the plugin and use the calculated field plugin to provide?

would be awesome
Scorpion79
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

Postby camel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 am

Kuki wrote:Hi Peter,

camel wrote:Because when I was getting to implement it, I realized that I will just be reimplementing very similar code as a RANGE formula, so why to do it.

So I think that it's enough to have Range formula with new fields on activity HalfTime, HalfDistance.

I think that's a good idea :D . Its is not usefull to define a lot of formulars which calculating nearly the same, and to have the overview about those. Sorry that i didn' t notice the rangeformula and maked it at first a little bit to complicate .:?: :lol:



Greetings Kuki


Just an important detail:
I'm adding right now ACTIVERANGE feature. It will same as normal range feature but it will be working only on active parts of actiivty.

So for example this is formula to get AVG HR of first half active part of activity by distance:
{ACTIVERANGEHR(Distance,0,{HALFDISTANCE})}

Syntax is exactly same it's only starting with ACTIVE word.
I will release new build perhaps in few minutes or hours.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby camel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:14 am

Scorpion79 wrote:the performance predictor plugin gives me a calculted VDOT and %VO2 max. to be able to chart those i think a custum field is required

any way to grab the info from the plugin and use the calculated field plugin to provide?

would be awesome


Hi,
I don't think that we need integration with Performance predictor plugin. It will be too complicated. We are using Calculated Fields plugin.

So we can calculate it ;)

On page of Performance predictor plugin states that he uses Daniels & Gilbert formulas for predictions.

I have found on this page VO2 Max formula:
http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=7482&PageNum=&CategoryID=

Here it is, note that not in plugin syntax:
VO2 Max=(-4.60 + 0.182258 * velocity + 0.000104 * velocity^2)/(0.8 + 0.1894393 * e^(-0.012778 * time) + 0.2989558 * e^(-0.1932605 * time))

Could someone explain difference between VDOT and %VO2Max?

Or you could just ask Gerhard, if we can use formulas from Performance Predictor plugin source. It's open sourced, but to be honest when licences laws come to scene, I'm lost. So I'm not sure if we can use that.

If we will have formulas for calculations I will implement them inside of plugin, that's my promise.

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am
Location: Slovakia

Postby Scorpion79 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:54 am

well i have an excell sheet which does a lot of calcualtions i don't get them completely

but what is listed is the following:

i had a 10k PB of 42:55 and for that it was calculated to have a VDOT 47.8

the formula in excel seems to be: (will edit later need to digg it out first)
what you post:
only there is also a value calculated being % of VO2max
(i will digg deeper :) )

Weight in kg VDOT Absolute VO2max
75 47.8 3.6 liters / min

Absolute VO2max (in Liters) = weight in kg x VDOT / 1000
Scorpion79
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

Postby Scorpion79 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:49 am

well it seems to be like this: (forum sux a bit in handling a table)
Code: Select all
Name      Value   unit   Explanation

Code: Select all
Vdot      47.8      (-4.6 + 0.182258 * ("distance in meters"/"time"/1440) + 0.000104 *("distance in meters"/"time"/1440)^2)/"% VO2max"
Code: Select all
Distance   10000   meters
Code: Select all
   
Time      0:42:55   u:mm:ss
Code: Select all
   
% VO2max   91.0%      0.8+0.1894393 * EXP(-0.012778*"time"*1440)+0.2989558* EXP(-0.1932605*"time"*1440)
Code: Select all
         
Weight      75   KG   
Code: Select all
         
VO2max      3.6   liters/min   Absolute VO2max (in Liters) = weight in kg x VDOT / 1000


now to get this in a calculated field (well i think 3: VDOT,VO2max, % VO2Max)

only problem now is the EXP formula
Scorpion79
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to Calculated Fields

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest