by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,496 (10) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 28, 2018

Need to re-enter OMB activation codes after restore

Need to re-enter OMB activation codes after restore

Postby rikicarra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I use the Backup plugin to backup the logbook and setting in one computer and restore everything on another computer. After restore on the second computer, I need to re-enter the activation codes for the OMB plugin. Any workaround?
rikicarra

Re: Need to re-enter OMB activation codes after restore

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:51 am

Nope, for now this works "as designed". And the extra overhead to re-activate shouldn't be "too much".

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:56 am

Let me list my questions here related not just to Backup plugin.

1. When I removed ST3 from one of my PCs I did the following: first uninstalled all the plugins from ST3, then ST3 itself, finally I deactivated this copy of ST3 in "Manage licensing for ST".

2. When I installed ST3 on another PC I activated it, it is the second activation in my case, later I installed six of your plugins, dear OMB, and finally I activated them.

My first question is that why 3/3 was displayed after the activation, since it is the second copy of it (by the way as I know my license is about running both ST3 and your plugins on 2 computers)??? How does the deactivation of your plugins happen? Automatically via web or did I miss some steps during the migration?

3. I tried to restore a backup made on a PC where I use XP on this new PC where I run Windows7 (32 not 64). I faced with the need of reentering of the code after the automatic shutdown of ST3, which did not disturb me, but finally the backup did not happen at all.

What can be the reasons? If not the re-enter itself, then maybe the different operational system. Is it possible to move my settings from XP to Win7???

And by the way is it normal that the automatic shutdown happened only after a very couple of seconds after running restore?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:Let me list my questions here related not just to Backup plugin.

1. When I removed ST3 from one of my PCs I did the following: first uninstalled all the plugins from ST3, then ST3 itself, finally I deactivated this copy of ST3 in "Manage licensing for ST".

2. When I installed ST3 on another PC I activated it, it is the second activation in my case, later I installed six of your plugins, dear OMB, and finally I activated them.

My first question is that why 3/3 was displayed after the activation, since it is the second copy of it (by the way as I know my license is about running both ST3 and your plugins on 2 computers)??? How does the deactivation of your plugins happen? Automatically via web or did I miss some steps during the migration?

3. I tried to restore a backup made on a PC where I use XP on this new PC where I run Windows7 (32 not 64). I faced with the need of reentering of the code after the automatic shutdown of ST3, which did not disturb me, but finally the backup did not happen at all.

What can be the reasons? If not the re-enter itself, then maybe the different operational system. Is it possible to move my settings from XP to Win7???

And by the way is it normal that the automatic shutdown happened only after a very couple of seconds after running restore?

Re My first question is that why 3/3 was displayed after the activation.
Because you've obviously activated it three times :)
Re How does the deactivation of your plugins happen?
There is no deactivation yet, there'll be one soon. And it's explicit, i.e. you'll have to deactivate explicitely.
Re 3.:
I'm not sure if I understand the point - there are several observations/questions/... in this paragraph.
Re And by the way ...:
No.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Deactivation:

If there is no deactivation does it mean that I have to ask you to do it for me in order to eliminate one activation for the 3?

Backup:

I guess something is really wrong which can be my standalone problem or a general bug.
Let me put my question in a row like Sherlock H. (or Horst Tappert;-) ): did you test the migration from XP to Win7 32 using Backup plugin?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:28 pm

In the meantime I made all the different softwares on the new PC with Win7 32 to fully uptodate. I had three attempts to do a restore using different backup files, but it did not work. When I say it did not work it means that I checked some settings in Settings and they are set as defaults not as mine on the PC on which I created the backup files.

Sometimes ST3 closed down too fast as I had mentioned in my earlier post, sometimes it seemed to run properly (see below), but the result is the same: no restoring of my settings.
When it runs properly, even in this case there are just 6 files to restore, 65 are skipped which cant be unchanged

Új kép.jpg
Új kép.jpg (148.65 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm

I found a workaround, using the shell described in the manual results in a full restore. Now I am a happy camper, my last mission is to solve the resolution problem. I remember that one can win against the problem of backing up at 1680x1050 and restoring at 1280x800.....
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Backup