by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,496 (10) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 28, 2018

Error "Der Lizenzschlüssel gilt nicht für diese Maschine .."

Error "Der Lizenzschlüssel gilt nicht für diese Maschine .."

Postby iceclimber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:49 am

I had to move to a new machine intending to restore the backup from the previous version. I installed identical versions as before, same ST3, backup and Live Recording on the new system, but the activation code (invoice nr.) initially accepted - in the meantime I restored the backup unsuccessfully with some error messages - the system turned into the message "Der Lizenzschlüssel gilt nicht für diese Maschine .." when opening the plugin config after an unsuccessful restore. I installed the latest versions of aboves plugin's ... same error. OMB, please post the solution as you said and as it is not necessary to retrieve a new activation key. ST3 ist still 3.1.4518. Thanks, Hannes
iceclimber

Re: Error "Der Lizenzschlüssel gilt nicht für diese Maschine

Postby iceclimber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:54 am

adding version info of initially reinstallation:

Recording Plugin 30.10.2012
Backup Plugin 30.10.2012
iceclimber

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:29 am

Re "I restored the backup unsuccessfully with some error messages":
what are the error messages, please. It would be more than helpful to get these.

Regarding "Der Lizenzschlüssel gilt nicht für diese Maschine .." ("license key not valid for this machine") error message:
Besides other data, Backup plugin backs up your OMB plugin license key file.
When you restore a backup file to a DIFFERENT machine, the restored license keys are of course invalid.
In fact that's the idea of license keys: they prevent that you can use licenses on as many PCs as you like.

So after having restored the backup on a new PC (including the - invalid - license keys), you'll have to activate the plugins again on your new PC.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby iceclimber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:13 am

In the meantime I have deinstalled all plugins, reinstalled and they were accepted until I did a restore of the previous ST3 database. When starting ST3 - as you are describing - I get the invalid Activation message as stated before again. When I activate the Plugins again with the one and only Key "invoice no." I have, so this works now. BUT I have to mention that this is NO protection as long as the key is displayed (!) in the activation key field (out of the database) when starting ST3 after a restore ... so the error message makes no sense at all, this is only making troubles for users and could be therefore improved by displaying simply nothing.

Br,
Hannes
iceclimber

Return to Backup