Downloads: 1,496 (10) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 28, 2018

Backup issues

Backup issues

Postby BE » Tue May 29, 2012 11:34 am

HI,
First, an apology: I used the PM rather than this forum to pose my question to Old Man Biking about issues I have after updating the "Backup" plugin.
Here is my message:
BE wrote:Hi,
When I found on my "Settings" page that there was an update for Backup, I clicked the "install update" icon and was notified the update has been installed. When I check that page now it indicates I have the latest version. However, there is no "backup" listed under "secect view," and I cannot find my import files when I click "Import."

Perhaps I have two problems, but they both occurred after I updated your wonderful backup add-on. Suggestions? BTW, I have paid you.
Thanks,
Burgess

And here is his answer with my remarks inset:

1. Check if the plugin is listed in Settings:Plugins, i.e. if it has been properly loaded by ST
.......It shows "You have the latest version installed"
2. If not, check the system log (Settings:System) for suspicious entries; if there are any, report them
......I do not know what a suspicious entry looks like, but I see many like this:
[i]Could not load type 'ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.Fitness.IExtendActivityEditActions' from assembly 'Common.Visuals, Version=3.1.4415.14940, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Method 'get_MenuPath' in type 'SportTracksAccumulatedSummaryPlugin.Source.AccumulatedSummaryAction' from assembly 'AccumulatedSummaryPlugin, Version=1.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.GetPluginInterfaceImplementations(Assembly assembly)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.AddPlugins(IApplication

3. If system log looks "mostly harmless", try and reinstall (download plugin install file (...st3plugin) from http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com and double click in Windows Installer). The ST plugin installer has some issues.
.........I will try that now.

4. Please post in the forum for follow ups instead of PMing.

Cheers,
OMB
BE

Re: Backup issues

Postby BE » Tue May 29, 2012 12:59 pm

I re-installed the backup plugin but still do not see it as a "select view" choice, although again it is listed under "settings/plugins".
On the other issue, I still cannot import files from either the Garmin 610 device logo or the folder. When I check the folder my history is there, all as .tcx files; the Sporttrack "all import files" does not list .tcx and will not import those files.
Help please....Thanks much
BE

Postby BE » Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Update 2: by using the uninstall feature on the system/plugins page I removed OMB's "backup" and then reinstalled...now as far as I can tell that is functioning correctly :D
However, I still have no history showing in my folder when I use the "Import" function because the "files of type:All import files (*.gpx,*.hrm,*.fitlog,*.pwx,*.bdx,*.csv) does not include .fit files (Activities) or .tcx (history). Sporttracks still does not recognize the Garmin Forerunner 610 so using the direct download does not work. I tried renaming a test file to one of the types listed but that did not help.
What's up here? :?:
BE

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 am

Burgess, just update your ST3 to the latest version of 3.1.4518. I guess this first attempt will resolve you Backup plugin issue.

Zoltan
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Backup