by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Manual TRIMP value is overwritten

Manual TRIMP value is overwritten

Postby staffann » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 am

If I do a workout where I haven't had HR measurement, I often estimate manually a TRIMP value based on what a workout of similar length and intensity has given. I enter the time, the distance etc, then switches to the page for custom data fields and enters TRIMP there.
When I switch to the training load view, TL overwrites my manual value with zero! Could that please be changed?
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Manual TRIMP value is overwritten

Postby boukejanssen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

I have that same problem. But when you double click that event in the activities list in Training Load, you'll get to that activity and when you re-enter your trimp in the custom fields it'll stay there. Some extra clicks unfortunately, but it works. Not shure if this is a bug or just unintended behaviour of the plugin and ST.
Runner | FR305 | ST3
boukejanssen

Postby staffann » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Yes, once Training Load has updated the TRIMP value once, I can change it and the manually entered value stays put. But I'd like it if it works without having to go to TL and then back!
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm

If you put TRIMP=xxxx or TSS=xxxx in the notes field somewhere, that will maintain your manual entry without having any extra steps. There's a small enhancement to ST I'm hoping for that will help this out (user/timestamp for custom field data changes), but in the meantime the above workaround might help you out.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby staffann » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Could there at least be a change so the TL doesn't remove an existing value when it hasn't got any info to calculate a TRIMP value (no HR)? That would take care of most cases for me.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Load