Training Load

by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Training load does not work in ST 3.0

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am

#2 is not a bug, it's a limitation of the shareware.

#1 should already be fixed IIRC but registering the plugin also fixed it for me surprisingly (not that it makes it a valid solution...)
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Michael66 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Sorry for not being precise. With the "second bug" I mean that the actual values for CTL, ATL and TSB are all 0 in the lower right corner window in "actual training status".
Michael66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Michael66 wrote:Sorry for not being precise. With the "second bug" I mean that the actual values for CTL, ATL and TSB are all 0 in the lower right corner window in "actual training status".

Haven't noticed. MechGT will take care of them, I have no doubt.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Michael66 wrote:@PissedOffCil:

I fully agree, but it is hard to accept that I should pay for the new plugin that has at least two new bugs that the old one does not have.

As ST3 is still in beta test,the plugin developper should name their ST3 plugins as well betaplugin?
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Have you setup the custom field "FTPcycle" under Athlete. This field needs your FTP to determine CTL, ATL TSS and TSB. Select the date, then set the FTPcycle to your FTP. Now go back and if your FTP is different at some point go to that date and set your FTP there.

Close ST3 and restart, calculations should take place.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Michael66 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 am

I can not find a field called "FTPcycle" under Athlete??? (I am using german language) What is FTP and what would my FTP be? I have never entered something like this in ST2.1.
Michael66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 am

Michael66 wrote:I can not find a field called "FTPcycle" under Athlete??? (I am using german language)

Natürlich nicht, er sagt doch Du mußt es erst "erstellen": Have you setup the custom field "FTPcycle" under Athlete.

gruss hennes
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Michael66 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:50 am

Ja, nur was ist ein "FTPcycle" und was für einen Wert muss ich da eintragen?

In "Training Load Introduction" gibt es den Begriff "FTP" oder "FTPcycle" gar nicht. Das einzige was dem Nahe kommen könnte ist "Functional Threshold Power" (Funktionale Leistungsgrenze). Dort steht dazu:

"Users need to enter this data (necessary for TSS calculations) in your choice of Athlete data fields: Skinfold, BP High, BP Low, or BodyFat. The default is SkinFold, but there's an option to change it to another category if you're already using that. "

Ich habe unter meinen daten nur Gewicht, Körperfettanteil und mit der Größe dann auch den BMI angegeben. Was BP High und Low sein soll? Keine Ahnung, habe ich nicht agegeben und hat bis jetzt auch so funktionert.

Google liefert zu dazu: "The average load factor of the FTP cycle is roughly 20-25% of the maximum engine horsepower available at a given engine speed". Wenn ich so maximal kurzfristig 300-400 Watt treten kann (Schätzung) müsste ich als Wert für "FTPcycle" dann so etwa 70-80 Watt eintragen?

Edit: hab mal "100" für FTPcycle eingetragen. Aktuelle Werte für CTL, ALT und TSB beiben trotzdem 0.
Michael66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 am

racerfern wrote:Have you setup the custom field "FTPcycle" under Athlete. This field needs your FTP to determine CTL, ATL TSS and TSB. Select the date, then set the FTPcycle to your FTP. Now go back and if your FTP is different at some point go to that date and set your FTP there.

Close ST3 and restart, calculations should take place.

ST2 allowed you to enter your FTP in the
"Skinfold" field as a work around since there wasn't an actual FTP field.

ST3 creates a custom field called "FTPcycle" under "Athlete". You update this field when your FTP changes.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Michael66 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks,

I have seen this field but have no clue at all what FTPcycle means and what value I am suppost to nisert. I have inserted "100" but the actual values for CTL, ALT und TSB are still 0.
Michael66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 am

Do you have a power meter? If not then you'll have to use TRIMP instead of Power.

If you do have a powermeter have you ever tested your FTP?
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Alright, let me know if I miss anything:

- FTPcycle is created by the plugin when it first tries to access this data. In other words, when you open the TSS (power) chart. If you're using Trimp for your analysis, then FTPcycle does not apply to you. From what I read it sounds like Michael66 is looking at the Trimp chart, so it's not applicable.

- Lower Trainining Status window shows 0's: I now see it in the eval version, but it's working in the full version. That's not intentional and I'll get that fixed in the next release. Thanks for letting me know :)

- Manual Entries: I know everyone needs and uses manual entries, so let me assure you that it's not been abandoned. Until more API changes come, continue to change the value in the notes. It should be reflected in your charts.
EDIT: The above was modified 10/2010 changing from recommending Custom Field entry to Notes entry for manual values

- Force recalculation: I'm trying to figure out exactly how this will work for future releases, so there'll surely be updates to this in the future on this topic. In the meantime, go to your custom field and just delete the entry. TL will poll for that value, and when it's not there, it'll re-calculate based on the old rules... #1 Notes field, #2 HR track, #3 avg hr. & time estimation.

- X-axis (date) alignment: This too only appears in the eval version, and was again unintentional. I'll try to get this fixed as well and will hopefully be corrected in the next release.
Last edited by mechgt on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Michael66 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 pm

I don´t have a "power meter". For runing and bike I use a FR 305 with heart rate belt. For simmwing I manually insert time, distance and average heart rate. Thats all. Works fine with the plugin at ST2.1.
Michael66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Michael66 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 pm

@mechgt

O.K. that would explane it.

Thanks
Michael66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TJ » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm a runner, so not using TSS. I can confirm two previously reported bugs:

1) The opening view of the graph shows the oldest 60 of the 120 displayable days, not the most recent. You can double click to get all 120 or scroll horizontally, but it really should open with the most recent data showing as the default.

2. The CTL/ATL data is all zeros in the little box on the bottom, though the data in the table all seems to be right.

I have a third problem also. I appreciate this plugin very much and use it every day. I have no problem with it going to shareware, and will pay the fee to upgrade to the full version. However when try to do that, I am routed to a web page that shows several plugins and their prices. When I click on "add to cart" for Training Load, nothing happens. Is the full version not available yet?
TJ
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

3. I was trying plugin shop too and bug with cart was only present in internet explorer.

With firefox it's working correcly. Just a tip.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TJ » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks Camel. I activated by using Firefox, and I'm happy to report that the other two bugs reported above are NOT in the full version.
TJ
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Webpage has been fixed. Thanks for letting me know... obviously I'm a FireFox person :oops:
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Manual Entry

Postby RogC » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:32 am

Can I put in a vote for keeping the option of entering TRIMP in the notes field as well as using the custom field on the separate data page.

The majority of my training is entered manualy (rather than by importing from garmin etc) and having to click away to another tab is doubling the time it takes me to write these workouts up (2 or 3 workouts a day for me).
RogC
Donated!
Donated!

Postby RogC » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:49 am

ok, now I'm a little confused, it seems to have inconsistent behaviour.
With manually entered training, sometimes it is taking notice of TRIMP=xx in the notes field, and sometimes not.

In particular, it is ignoring updates to the text made after you create the initial activity.
i.e. I create an activity with TRIMP=10, then later go back and change it to TRIMP=15. Training load is still showing a value of 10.
RogC
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:11 am

This is expected. Here's how it currently works:
mechgt wrote: - Manual Entries: I know everyone needs and uses manual entries, so let me assure you that it's not been abandoned, it's just done a little more elegantly now. Change the value from the custom field detail display rather than in the notes. It should be reflected immediately in your charts. For those wondering, the 'notes field values' are only evaluated when the custom field entries are empty... i.e. only the first time you ever used the plugin. As mentioned before, The preferred method for manual entry will be to enter your value in the custom field. There should be an entry for both TSS and Trimp.

- Force recalculation: I'm trying to figure out exactly how this will work for future releases, so there'll surely be updates to this in the future on this topic. In the meantime, go to your custom field and just delete the entry. TL will poll for that value, and when it's not there, it'll re-calculate based on the old rules... #1 Notes field, #2 HR track, #3 avg hr. & time estimation.

It's very probable that this will be improved in the future (more automation), some of the developers are still trying to figure a couple of things out though.

Currently once training load has calculated it's values, it stores them and it's done. It sounds to me like you're wanting it to automatically re-calculate when key things when an activity is updated (such as making a change in the notes field for instance). I understand what you're wanting and this is one specific area that'll definitely be getting improvements in the future.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Idea for improvement

Postby camel » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 am

Hi,
at first thanks for your fantastic plugin.

It is one from most important plugin for analyzing of my workouts.

I hava some ideas for you:

1. it would be nice if we can administer default x axis range (at default it's 90 days, after DMLC wee see entire range)
I would like to have two new fields in settings page. Where I cas set for example start of x axis range -60 days and end of x axis range +30 days.

So in graph will be shown 2 months in past, and one month of future plan. Of course every user can set everything he wants.

2. at first it's very nice to have trimp values as custom field. Now I can make reports of TRIMP values by week months etc. (I have changed summarize method on TRIMP to sum, to hava this enabled).

Now I'm waiting if it can be implemented to have charting on custom fields. Now it's not enabled.

But if this could be made, it would be nice have CTL/ATL/TDB values in custom fields too. So I can make custom reports on them. But this is not a must have now. Just an idea for future.

Thanks
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 am

I'm working on the x-axis right now as a matter of fact :) I'll see what I can come up with.

Charting of custom fields is planned, but just not quite available yet. Hopefully that'll be made possible in a future ST release.

I'm leery to add CTL/ATL/TSB to custom fields simply because 1 value (CTL for instance) has several different meanings based on what 'mode' you're looking at. I've heard this a couple of times, so I'll keep it in mind, but I tend to think that it'd be more than simply adding a CTL/ATL custom field. This isn't planned for the immediate future at this point.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:03 am

Yes that's true. It really depends on filtered activities. So it's problematic.

I'm really waiting for charting of custom fields and other standard fields as active pace and others like for holy grail. :)

Thanks you for your answers.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby trell » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 am

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di

oggetto.
in TrainingLoad.Settings.SettingsPageControl.RefreshPage()
in TrainingLoad.Settings.SettingsPage.ShowPage(String bookmark)
in

ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Views.SettingPagesPanel.SettingsPageViewAdapter.ShowPage

(String bookmark)
in ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.ViewNavigationManager.ShowCurrentView()
in ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.ViewNavigationManager.ReplaceCurrentView(IView

view, String bookmark)
in ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Views.SettingPagesPanel.OnPagesTreeSelectedChanged

(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.FireSelectedChanged()
in ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.set_Selected(IList value)
in ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32

clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam,

IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
trell

PreviousNext

Return to Training Load