by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Training Load for Linux

Training Load for Linux

Postby mechgt » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 pm

I believe that TL is fully functional on Linux (I've quickly tested using MONO 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04.) I never tested with Mono 2.0 (or whatever the version is that ships with Ubuntu 9.04.) I assume it's working for everyone else running Ubuntu?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Works fine for me. I am maintaining a list with plugins that works for me here:

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... t=75#32096

There is one MoMA compatibility issue reported, but I did not notice that.
The display is however much slower in Nono/Linux than in NET/Win. Maybe the same issue as the one you noticed with drawing charts(in the same thread), but the drawing takes in my opinion a little longer before it starts too.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby herridge » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:40 pm

I thought I would add that it seems to be working fine for me but of course there is the slow chart drawing bug in Mono that affects my use of the plugin. My computer is old and very slow so it makes any charting in ST Linux extremely slow.

Great plugin though - it is the one plugin that I use consistently.

D
herridge

Postby mechgt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 pm

You mention that your computer is old and crappy, well mine's pretty decent and the charts are still realllllly slow for me too :(

Glad that you enjoy, and glad that it's working properly in Linux for you. 8)
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Trainingload plugin freezes Sporttracks under ubuntu 9.10

Postby pmdoc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:29 pm

TrainingLoad did not work for me under Ubuntu 9.10/Mono 2.4.2.3. It shows up on the menus, but selecting it will just cause the Sporttrack program to freeze (mono 100% cpu).

I tried both manual install by extracting the pluginfile to til Plugin folder, and the automatic install procedure.

Is this a regression compared to 9.4? Or has anyone made it work under Ubuntu 9.10? Clues anyone?

Regards,
pmdoc

Postby mechgt » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:36 pm

I just tested on my install, and it worked for me (I too am running 9.10 and mono 2.4.2.3). It's a little slow to load though; but I'm not aware of anything I can do about this. I suspect that it's the chart that's just being really slow, and this is similar for all charts in ST Linux, not just TL.

Did it work in Jaunty 9.04 and is behaving differently now?
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby pmdoc » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 pm

mechgt wrote:I just tested on my install, and it worked for me (I too am running 9.10 and mono 2.4.2.3). It's a little slow to load though; but I'm not aware of anything I can do about this. I suspect that it's the chart that's just being really slow, and this is similar for all charts in ST Linux, not just TL.

Did it work in Jaunty 9.04 and is behaving differently now?

Well, it may be very slow, but 15 minutes freezing state is all I have had patience to wait so far (eee1000he, 1.6 atom processor). I will give it a go just as a test. However, to me this plugin is in a non-workable state even if stops hanging. My logbook is large, over 5 years of training. That might add to it

Opening up an empty logbook I can start this plugin, but what's the use then?
pmdoc

Postby TomasR » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 pm

mechgt - move the calculation to its own thread. Not hard at all.

Then it will be possible to stop the thread, pause it when the user moves to another view or just have it as background thread.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I've already done that in the un-released version, but I don't believe his problem isn't related to that. The charts ST charts in Linux are super slow.... and if he's got 5 years of data that's a heavy chart. ATL/CTL/TSB have points every day regardless of whether there's an activity that day (as your fitness/fatigue decays). Very light charts (such as splits with only 5 or 10 data points) operate quickly, but heavy charts (such as HR graph in daily activity) take quite a while for whatever reason. Anyway, it's something where ST chart/linux/mono disagree with each other and bog down the system.

My history is quite a bit shorter than his (2-3 years) and mine is slow, but not completely unbearable (15 mins is out of the question.)

This is something that needs to be resolved globally (ST/Linux/Mono area... not Training Load); I'm just not smart enough to tell exactly where the problem is :?
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby pmdoc » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 pm

mechgt wrote:I've already done that in the un-released version, but I don't believe his problem isn't related to that. The charts ST charts in Linux are super slow.... and if he's got 5 years of data that's a heavy chart. ATL/CTL/TSB have points every day regardless of whether there's an activity that day (as your fitness/fatigue decays). Very light charts (such as splits with only 5 or 10 data points) operate quickly, but heavy charts (such as HR graph in daily activity) take quite a while for whatever reason. Anyway, it's something where ST chart/linux/mono disagree with each other and bog down the system.

My history is quite a bit shorter than his (2-3 years) and mine is slow, but not completely unbearable (15 mins is out of the question.)

This is something that needs to be resolved globally (ST/Linux/Mono area... not Training Load); I'm just not smart enough to tell exactly where the problem is

I have waited 35 minutes now, and suddenly thing started to happen. I can now see my calculated ATL/CTL/TSB, and they seem to be correct. However, the screen is not completely drawn - and seems to hang.
EDIT: 80 minutes now, and still completely frozen. CPU @ 100%.

May there be two problems here? Calculation takes very long time, and presentation of charts take very long time? Just wondering?

Under Windows XP my 5 year logbook runs this plugin almost instantly, so this should not be about hardware...
pmdoc

Postby mechgt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:38 pm

It's not about your hardware, and I'm 99% certain it's not about the calculation (as you mentioned it runs fast in XP), it's about graphical display, and how many data points are in your chart. I tested with my onboard video card, and coincidentally got a new fancier video card and result was almost the same. I've got decent hardware, and I get similar results to you.

Here are just a couple other posts relating to this:

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... php?t=6454

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... 3725#33725
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TomasR » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:53 pm

If the drawing of the chart is so slow, perhaps a setting to draw only the last month or alike?

or show max two months of the chart and redraw it when scrolling...if possible and if you have the time to try it out for the unix-users of this plugin.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Load