Training Load

by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Training Load plug-in TRIMP score too high?

Training Load plug-in TRIMP score too high?

Postby karlospantani » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:15 am

anyone think this too?
if TRIMP=TSS and 100 TSS points = 1 hours TT race pace(ref: a.coggan), then i'm getting too high a TRIMP score. Its giving me well over 100 points for 1 hour at only 85% TT pace. I've lowered the factors in the settings area by about half and the results look more realistic. are my assumptions correct or should i have left them alone.
karlospantani

Re: Training Load plug-in TRIMP score too high?

Postby DavidCHall » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 am

karlospantani wrote:anyone think this too?
if TRIMP=TSS and 100 TSS points = 1 hours TT race pace(ref: a.coggan), then i'm getting too high a TRIMP score. Its giving me well over 100 points for 1 hour at only 85% TT pace. I've lowered the factors in the settings area by about half and the results look more realistic. are my assumptions correct or should i have left them alone.

Have you compared the TRIMP values to the TRIMP plug-in?
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:48 pm

TRIMP!=TSS

trainingpeaks.com has some good articles

TSS and TRIMPS are similar, but TRIMP parameters must be constantly changed to match your fitness to reliable over time.

You can normalize the result by changing the parameters if that is good enough. I think so, I think the Training Load plugin is really helpful. Dont take the numbers as hard facts though.

Suggest this discussion is done in the Plugins forum (Training Load should have one of its own).
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby karlospantani » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 am

DavidCHall wrote:
karlospantani wrote:anyone think this too?

Have you compared the TRIMP values to the TRIMP plug-in?

No, never loaded it as Training Load already calcs it, may be worth a look.
karlospantani

Postby karlospantani » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:18 am

gerhard wrote:TRIMP!=TSS

trainingpeaks.com has some good articles

TSS and TRIMPS are similar, but TRIMP parameters must be constantly changed to match your fitness to reliable over time.

You can normalize the result by changing the parameters if that is good enough. I think so, I think the Training Load plugin is really helpful. Dont take the numbers as hard facts though.

Suggest this discussion is done in the Plugins forum (Training Load should have one of its own).

Yeh cheers gerhard have adjusted factors to 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1 and 1.1. this gives TSS figures more in line with Training Peaks and Dr Coggan i.e. very low ;-(. I agree that Training Load figures don't have to be the same as TSS figures but its nice to compare values when talking to people on other 'power' forums. cheers..
karlospantani

Postby titan076 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 am

I started using this in SportTracks because of this article. But I’m curious about it for swimming. I’ve just manually entered an average HR of 130 on the summary page for lantana grace church the workout. That seems to do the trick. Is that it basically? I took my pulse twice after 500m, seemed to be an ok estimate. I only swim once a week so it’s not a huge deal, but would like those workouts to “count”.
Last edited by titan076 on Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
titan076

Postby andrea147 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:52 am

Hi, I want to create some workouts which give a specific TRIMP value, is JMK Design there anything that can do this or is there a calculation I can use in Excel to work this out?
Last edited by andrea147 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
andrea147

Postby dirk66 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:10 am

andrea147 wrote:Hi, I want to create some workouts which give a specific TRIMP value, is there anything that can do this or is there a calculation I can use in Excel to work this out?

Trimp is based on your own HR during an exercise. If you can predict your HR at a given speed or pace on a given route it would be possible within a given bandwidth. Because your HR during an exercise also depends on what you have done before your exercise. And don't forget temperature and wind influences. So maybe if you have a treadmill or something like a tacx trainer and have a lot of data you can find a formula which predicts a trimpvalue.

success
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:31 pm

andrea147 wrote:Hi, I want to create some workouts which give a specific TRIMP value, is there anything that can do this or is there a calculation I can use in Excel to work this out?

Like dirk66 said, it's personal. So, looking back at your past workouts should be a pretty good way to approximate this. Look at your past workouts and find workouts that approximate what you're after.

Alternatively, if you've got a specific form of workout (intervals let's say), take a look at old workouts and you might augment the number of repetitions or overall duration to 'tune in' the value you're after.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby vaajin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 pm

It is quite natural that you got yourself entangled in doubt regarding the TRIMP scores. Most of us here think that TSS and TRIMP look kind of similar but in fact there is a huge need for the TRIMP scores to be constantly changed as to parallel the fitness levels with the changing time.Has anyone used fox racing clothing for training purposes?
vaajin

Return to Training Load