Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Training Load plugin returning 0 TRIMP even when HR data OK

Training Load plugin returning 0 TRIMP even when HR data OK

Postby Tricky Dicky » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 am

TRIMP2.jpg
trimp 2
TRIMP2.jpg (141.69 KiB) Viewed 9474 times

I've been using Training Load for 8 years, no problems. Not made any changes to my PC AFAIK, either with OS (WIN7), ST3, .NET or TL plugin. Last good data import 5 days ago.

I now have two activities one running, one cycling, imported today as TCX exports from Garmin Connect. In both individual activities, HR data is present and viewable in ST3. But clearly, something is not working to return TRIMP values of 0.

Can anyone give me some pointers to fix this please. Much appreciated.
Tricky Dicky

Re: Training Load plugin returning 0 TRIMP even when HR data

Postby Tricky Dicky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:56 am

Well, a new development. Seems something has gone horribly wrong and now I can't even load my ST3 Logbook. Is it possible that there is something malformed about the last two TCX files imported, that were exported from Garmin Connect?

ST3 failure.jpg
ST3 failure.jpg (136.57 KiB) Viewed 9453 times
Tricky Dicky

Postby Tricky Dicky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:14 am

So I've recreated my Logbook from backups and ST3 is open OK. I re-exported the two TCX files from GC and imported the first back into ST3. All data looked fine.

I went to look in the Training Load plugin and the TRIMP was still at 0. I reset the plugin back to All Default mode (only one field is different - ATL is set to 11 by default and I put it back to 15), with automatic recalc. I pressed to recalculate TRIMP, no change. I did the same thing for TSS, no change. I then pressed recalculate for the entire Logbook and sure enough every single activity now has a TRIMP value of 0.

So it seems to me unquestionable that there is a problem in the Training Load plugin. Can someone please help...? Mechgt?
Tricky Dicky

Postby texmurphy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:15 am

Check your Athlete entries, be sure Resting and Max HR are correct over the range of your activities.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tricky Dicky » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:46 am

Texmurphy - at first when I saw your idea, I was suspicious - I haven't adjusted the MHR for ages and I put in RHR a few times a week. Anyway, I did what you said and it instantly worked. Everything back to normal, so thank you very much. Maybe this problem should be documented (and if it already is), then it should be easier to find. Cheers.
8)
Tricky Dicky

Postby texmurphy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Inspired guess on my part. Glad it corrected your problem!
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Load