by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

When is "recalculate" needed?

When is "recalculate" needed?

Postby the_meek » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:48 am

I noticed that when hitting "recalculate" a number of TSS activity bars disappear from the chart and my CTL/ATL reduce accordingly.

From a previous post (2013) it seems "recalculate" is ignoring (=setting to zero) manually entered TSS data. I have a few of those after populating TSS for older activities without power tracks.
The activity bar disappears on the chart although the activity is still listed in the table (with non zero TSS).
Is this right?

So when is "recalculate" needed? What changes would require a recalc? Do i need to press it normally?
the_meek

Re: When is "recalculate" needed?

Postby tndmbkr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 am

the_meek wrote:....The activity bar disappears on the chart although the activity is still listed in the table (with non zero TSS)......
I am sorry. What activity bar? What chart?

The TSS in the table below the chart above, is TSS as calculated by TL
When you create a CustomDataField for your estimated TSS, it will not be shown in the table below the chart above.

The manual says: Assuming you have activities with HR data tracks and or power tracks, this is the absolute bare minimum to get you started.
In order to integrate activities without a Power Track in the TLchart, you have to create a Power Track with another plugin. Like Power Runner, Trainer Power Track, GPS2PowerTrack (OMB). Or you create a Power Track with Edit Data Tracks in the daily activity View of ST.

the_meek wrote:....So when is "recalculate" needed? What changes would require a recalc? Do i need to press it normally?
I think the chart above is recalculated, every time you start a session in ST.
But you have to recalculate the chart manually when you have made changes to your Power Track or FTP during a session.
tndmbkr

Return to Training Load