by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Training Load no longer available for use

Training Load no longer available for use

Postby Burnt Toast » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:47 pm

I downloaded thew latest release of ST, snooped around in it to look at the new metric stuff, then closeed out. I started it up again and decided I would look at the Training Load plugins page to see how hard my noon workout was and it was not in the "Other Tasks" menu.

I then went to "Settings" to see if it was unchecked and it was not on my list of plugins. I went to the plugin cataloge to download the latest version and clicked install. It finished and a boxed appeared that said I would have to restart ST for changes to take place which I expected.

After saving logbook and restarting, the Training Load plug is still not availablein "Other Tasks" or in my list of plugins.

The only thing I can see is the newest version of ST has caused this problem.

Anyone else lose the Trainig Laod plugin?
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Training Load no longer available for use

Postby tuten » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:52 pm

same problem and i've tried same things

training loads still not available
tuten
Donated!
Donated!

Postby przemyslaw.dygdon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Same here. I upgraded to newest version of training load, but no success. I see following errors in system log:

06.02.2014 23:26 [PluginManager] ERROR Could not load plugin C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed\b92888f1-c191-4045-8003-0181364cf651\TrainingLoad.dll. The plugin version is incompatible with this version of SportTracks. Details:
Method 'get_TemperatureCelsiusTrack' in type 'TrainingLoad.Data.TrimpActivity' from assembly 'TrainingLoad, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
Method 'get_TemperatureCelsiusTrack' in type 'TrainingLoad.Data.TrimpActivity' from assembly 'TrainingLoad, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.GetPluginInterfaceImplementations(Assembly assembly)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.AddPlugins(IApplication application, Assembly assembly, String assemblyPath)
przemyslaw.dygdon

Postby przemyslaw.dygdon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Just noticed - this is probably related to this new feature: "We've also added support for recorded temperature tracks - no need to use custom data tracks or plugins any more to see your temperature info over workout time or distance."
przemyslaw.dygdon

Postby gerhard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 pm

The ST update requires that the plugin is updated.
There was a notification about the upcoming change just yesterday, so not much time for mechgt to react on...
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby admin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:54 am

It looks like Training Load is using our plugin API in a way that prevents compatibility with new versions of SportTracks.

Unfortunately, this is something the Training Load plugin author will have to fix.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby skygod » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:26 am

This plugin is a must. Time to do a rollback!
Where can we find the previous version of ST?
skygod
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 pm

If it is critical you can manually uninstall your current version and install the previous version from here, which will be available for a bit:

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... 1.5064.exe

Backwards upgrades (downgrades?) are not supported or recommended. In theory this should be safe for this one release, but you're on your own if you do this and problems happen.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wizbang » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 pm

My downgrade went smoothly, thanks for the link.

This is a real shame, definitely a communication breakdown. A user shouldn't have to trawl the forums for signs of a problem before upgrading the program or plugin.
Whether it be ST to Plugin designer or ST to users or Plugin designer to user, there was a break down in communication to warn people of a possible/probable/likely/inevitable problem.

I am happy to wait on the older ST program for the plugin to be updated to match the new program and then upgrade both, but it would have been nice to know it before I upgraded and it broke.

Thanks again for the link and the forums for user communications.

Regards Wiz
wizbang

Postby mechgt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 pm

New version posted to fix compatibility issue with new version of ST.

viewtopic.php?p=82537#p82537
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Load