Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

SportTracks don`t respond anymore after using TrainingLoad

SportTracks don`t respond anymore after using TrainingLoad

Postby Boucherer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 am

:( Hello SportTracks-friends,
last weekend I have installed the "Training Load"-plugin (already paid and unlocked version) to my SportTracks-Software (latest released SW-version), but sometimes the plugin doesn`t work properly.
So the last time I used my SportTracks with this plugin, the complete Software didn`t react anymore, so I have closed the Software. But now, every time I start my SportTracks again it tells me that the programm does not responding anymore and i am not able to do anything!
Do you already know such a problem or is there a possibility to have a solution?
I have already tried to "repair" the Software by installing it again to the already existing folder, but there is no difference and the programm doesn`t respond anymore.
My last way is to store my logbook (existing since 2011), delete programm and install it completely new, but then my complete settings are deleted as well.
Perhaps you have an idea or suggestions for me?
Thanks in advance, sorry for my bad english and best regards from Germany :-)
Boucherer

Re: SportTracks don`t respond anymore after using TrainingLo

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 am

Servus and congratulations for your successful efforts to write in English.
It might be that the plugin in fact blocks ST, but there is another possibility:
Maybe the plugin pops up a message dialog and waits for you to confirm this with "OK". There have been cases where such messages appeared BELOW under windows, hence invisible.
What can you do in this situation:
1. click on the ST main window and press the <ENTER> key and/or the <ESC> key.
2. place your mouse over the SportTracks icon; when there is more than one application window (e.g. a message dialog), Windows will show all windows and you can select the message dialog to unhide it.
If none of this is the case, it's most likely a plugin bug.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Boucherer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 am

Servus and hello OMB,
first of all - thanks for your fast reply.

I already read in the TrainingLoad-forum that there should pop-up some message-dialogs when the plugin is busy, but I cannot renmind that I got such message dialogs.

My assumption is that I jumped or clicked too fast between the TrainingLoad-plugin (which was in work or loading) and the daily view of the Standard-program, so the whole programm hang up and after that I closed it.
Every time I start SportTracks now, it tells me that the program didn`t respond, so currently I am not able to do anything within the program - just starting and the "big window" tells me that SportTracks is not responding.
Nevertheless I will try to click the application window and try to accept some possible message-dialogs.
Otherwise I have already saved my logbook and looked for my SportTracks activation-key and I have to reinstall SportTracks - for sure without TrainingLoad-glugin ;-)

Thanks so far for your support. :-)
Boucherer

Postby Boucherer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:22 am

In case that I have to install SportTracks completely new, which files or data do you suggest to save before overwriting or deleting the current files and folder?
For sure I have already cpied and saved my complete logbook-file, is there a file with informations about some individual program settings or preferences?
I assume that I have to install all plugins again?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Boucherer

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 am

A reinstall of ST would NOT remove THE plugin.
Instead remove the Training Load Plugin manually, if this causes your pain.
It's a subfolder of C:\Program Data\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed.
Search for 'training' to find the TL plugin DLL file.Delete the containing folder.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby galileo64 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:21 am

I have a similar problem with Training Load. But in my case i have used training load more than a year with Windows 7 and it was going very well.
After I have to buy a new PC with Windows 8.1 I get these problems like the other users. I think, training load isn´t compatible with windows 8.1. Or is there any user with Windows 8.1, who have tested the training load plugin? (sorry for my bad english)
galileo64

Postby dirk66 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:41 pm

Well i have a win7 pc and a win 8.1 pc both with ST installed and the TL plugin installed. I haven't tested the plugin, i only use it. And i don't have the kind of problems you mentioned. I notice a difference in loading my logbook. The win7 pc loads my logbook faster then the win8.1 pc does. But i don't see any TL troubles there.

My guess is uncheck automatic mode. Or if checked, be sure you have a resting and max hr during your whole "life" in sporttracks.

Regards
Dirk
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby galileo64 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:15 pm

I´ve got a solution respectively a workaround for my problem.
Trainingload don´t has a bug. The error was be generated befor - during import directly from garmin edge 705.
The imported data seems to be al right. But for some activitys SportTracks can´t calculate the TRIMP. These activitys was displayed in cursive letters. This case I ve got before only for activitys without record of heart rate. But now many of the activitys with record of the heart rate was corrupt and I don´t know why.
The solution is first to copy the activitys from the garmin to the PC (with explorer). Then I can import the data from the HDD and it´s all right (and much faster)! :)
galileo64

Return to Training Load