by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Mystery SWIM CTL

Mystery SWIM CTL

Postby the5krunner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm doing some coaching for someone and using the trial version on a laptop (I do have the real version elsewhere!)

I've only got a couple of weeks of data. It is all either classified as run or bike. no other or swim.

yet on the trimp graph the stacked CTL shows 12% TRIMPs (declining from the first record)

this is either a bug or anonoly when using TL on a new set of data or something unusualy linked to the trial versions?

not a prob for me, i can post the logbook as it's small but would need to do it privately as not my data.
the5krunner

Re: Mystery SWIM CTL

Postby BigMike » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm just guessing here ... but in the settings page for TL you can set an 'initial CTL' . I think when you don't have any data when first starting to use TL, this has the effect of not dragging the initial CTL calculations down due to lack of 45 days or more of data. On the other hand, if you have some 'initial CTL' value set and you're not doing that exercise, it will take some time to decline and eventually zero out ...
BigMike

Postby the5krunner » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 pm

you may be right, CTL is initially equally shared to run+swim+bike and each given 25% (hmm!) maybe the other 25% is given to OTHER or MY FRIENDS category but then not displayed?
the5krunner

Postby BigMike » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm just a one-sport guy, so I haven't actually seen this ...
BigMike

Return to Training Load