by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Don't recalc if it will be a ZERO

Don't recalc if it will be a ZERO

Postby gregoryx » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:22 pm

This is the most valuable plugin I use. Training Load has given all my SportTracks tracking more meaning - when and how to train and back off, etc.

Minor annoyance: doing "recalculate logbook" zeros out entries that I manually entered previously. If the recalc is going to result in a zero and there's currently a value, could it ignore the recalc-to-zero, please?

Put another way, since it seems to know when there's no HRM info (hence the zeros) as it makes them italicized in the Activites List. So when I go back and manually enter a TRIMP for those (to maintain consistency in training calcs), it's killing me if I do a recalc.

Fix, please?
It's all running.
gregoryx

Re: Don't recalc if it will be a ZERO

Postby dirk66 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:10 am

If you place TRIMP=xxxx (xxxx is a number) in the notes field, according to the instuctions, this value will be used during a recalc. Never place a manual value in a custom field which is owned by a plugin! Then you can expect that the value will be overridden when a recalc is done.

success
Dirk
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gregoryx » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks, Dirk. Guess I missed that in the docs.

mechgt, is considering this more direct "manual entry" approach problematic? 'Cause punching in TRIMP=xxxx is certainly a bit more effort than just plugging the number in to the field.

On that note (in case the first request is too easy ;)), what about adding an option for a "best guess TRIMP" based on distance and pace when HRM is unavailable? I know there are separate calcs for that, technically, but a best-guess that's adjusted to match the HRM TRIMP as close as possible would certainly make for more useful data than a zero. Possible? Huge trouble?
It's all running.
gregoryx

Postby mechgt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:29 am

The idea of recalc is specifically to overwrite prior entries, or manually adjusted entries with the automatically calculated values. So skipping these in whole would defeat the purpose. However, skipping if 0... that sounds reasonable at the moment. I'll think on that one and add it to the enhancement request list.

I'm hesitant to 'best guess' anything (my guesses might not be very good in fact :) ) As an alternative to 'best guess', enter your estimated avg hr and it'll do a rough estimate for your TRIMP, and that's a single simple entry.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gregoryx » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Good to know that estimated HR is an option. Thanks.

In the mean time, I'm doing the "TRIMP=xxx" thing in the notes and it's working fine; so no worries there. And I'm using "filter where TRIMP=0" to know what needs to be done; so that makes it easy enough to see what was missed.

thanks!
It's all running.
gregoryx

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I ussually create a HR track. To get an average of 140 HF I start at 120 and go up to 160 to the end of the workout. Therefore I get TRIMP calcs for different zones and get HR for other statistics. But it takes 10 seconds. :lol:
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gregoryx » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:13 pm

hm... that's an interesting angle, too. I'll have to see how much trouble / time that takes me. Thanks!
It's all running.
gregoryx

Return to Training Load