Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

CTL, ATL and TRIMP values readjusted to VERY low

CTL, ATL and TRIMP values readjusted to VERY low

Postby LesMc » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:05 am

TrainingLoad.PNG
Training Load ST screen image
TrainingLoad.PNG (91.09 KiB) Viewed 13219 times
I recently installed the TL plugin. Used it for about a month and my CTL line averaged between 95 and 105. Just recently, the entire set of 3 values "adjusted" down the scale so that my CTL line now averages around 30. I have no idea why the values dropped. All of my TRIMP values also dropped about 70%. So, even my epic rides like a 4.5 hour climb up Haleakala on Maui that went from sea level to 10,000' only generated a 36 TRIMP. I'm pretty sure this was in the 400s before.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the cause?

Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE: This is getting ridiculous. Today's ride resulted in a TRIMP of 0. The TSS was 313. I guess I'll just ignore the useless TRIMP value and go with TSS.
LesMc

Re: CTL, ATL and TRIMP values readjusted to VERY low

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:46 am

Did you check your HF zone settings? Could you show us a screen shot of your settings?
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby LesMc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks for you interest in helping. By HF I assume you mean HR? I have two zone groups, one normal and one for TRIMP. Here they both are.
Attachments
HR2.PNG
HR2.PNG (26.76 KiB) Viewed 13194 times
HR1.PNG
HR1.PNG (24.83 KiB) Viewed 13194 times
LesMc

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:44 am

Sorry should have been more precise, I meant the setting page of Training load to see which zones TL are calculating for you.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 am

It seems to me that your TRIMP's Zone 1 is way to high and you're more then likely spending a lot of time in that zone. That zone also has the loweest multiplier assigned to it so the overall TRIMP value will also be very low.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Recent versions of Training Load (past 6 months?) automatically handle the HR zones for you (see 'Automatic Mode' checkbox on the Training Load Settings page). The other thing to check would be your Rest/Max HR on your Athlete Info page; make sure these are set to reasonable values. Training Load will use this info to calculate TRIMP values.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby the5krunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Burnt Toast wrote:It seems to me that your TRIMP's Zone 1 is way to high and you're more then likely spending a lot of time in that zone. That zone also has the loweest multiplier assigned to it so the overall TRIMP value will also be very low.

+1

what he said.
----------------------------
tfk
http://the5krunner.com
the5krunner

Postby LesMc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks for the tips, All. Yes, my HR zones are wonky. I created my zones when I started based on a known max of 180 BPM, but somehow they have changed on me twice without me doing it.

Can you please tell me exactly how the Automatic Mode works? Should I be using it instead of my calculated zones?

Also, what exactly happens when I Select "Recalculate - Logbook" (besides the obvious...what exactly is getting recalculated)? If I reset my HR zones to what I want them to be, should I then recalculate?
LesMc

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:11 am

You can find the settings description on the plugins download page here: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... ining-load

After you redefined your zones you should click on recalculate, the plugin will recalculate your TRIMP scores.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Automatic Mode is useful because you don't have to manually setup your HR zones. If you use this, all you need to do is set your max and rest heart rate, and don't have to worry about setting up any of the HR zones that were previously required (you can delete the HR zones all together if you please).

Recalculate logbook will recalculate TRIMP (or TSS depending on what 'chart mode' you're looking at; TRIMP or TSS) for all activities in the logbook.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Load