Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Manual TRIMP being resetted for activities without HR data

Manual TRIMP being resetted for activities without HR data

Postby JuLLaSS » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello,

I have a category of activities for which I have no HR data.Those are mostly running with additional exercises, kind of a bootcamp style exercise track where a HR strap on my chest would interfere with the exercises. I estimate the TRIMP based by the "felt" intensity and TRIMPS of running exercises of similar duration and enter it by hand in the "Custom data fields tab".
However, from time to time Training Load decides to recalculate the TRIMPs (it seems to do it on its own, I don't click "recalculate" myself) and then it resets all my hand-entered TRIMPs to 0. I added my own Custom field when I save "my" TRIMPs, but after each time it happens it's a tedious job to re-enter all that data...
Is there a way to make Training Load not reset the TRIMPs of these exercises? Would there be a micro-feature possible adding a rule that "If an activity has no HR nor Power track, but it has a non-zero TRIMP, assume that it was entered manually and don't remove it".

JuLLaSS

Re: Manual TRIMP being resetted for activities without HR da

Postby Korjaus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

There is a way for this specific case (trimp). First line in the Notes, in summary, you write "TRIMP=110" for example. That works, and stays.

But there really is a problem in "custom data fields", just like JuLLaSS wrote. Haven't figured out the logic, but somehow, depending on the custom field order, some of them get wiped away every now and then. Sometimes it is latest values only, but it has also happened that about a whole year or so gets cleaned (that particular field I mean). Yet some older data may remain. Strange.
Korjaus

Postby Korjaus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 pm

..and I forgot to say, that this is not Training Load problem
Korjaus

Postby JuLLaSS » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks, It works when I enter "TRIMP=X" in the first line of the notes. I didn't know that trick.
I also noticed, that the TRIMP in Custom Data Fields disappeared only from exercises from ~last three months, not from earlier ones, so if it's a generic problem with Custom Data Fields it seems to somehow touch only recent activities.
JuLLaSS

Return to Training Load